It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help! Some legal or police related questions that i need answered!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I know that here in the ATS conglomerate we have a lot of everything so I'm in a little situation and need some advice.

Yesterday my wife got involved in an accident, she and her friend had some minor injuries (nothing big) then the person who crash MY CAR! after getting out of his vehicle and seeing that everyone was OK decided to drive off.

It was early in the morning and I wasn't there, I'm currently out of state, my wife friend got the guy plate and when he fled they immediately called 911, gave then the plate numebr a description of the individual and the police department dais that they will contact my wife within 3 days.

My wife and her friend had to go to the hospital for some neck and back pain and my car needs some fixing, and have medical and car insurance so I can take care of those... but seriously I want to take this guy to the cleaners just for being so irresponsible.

The police told my wife that they already have ID the vehicle and a warrant for the arrest of this clown was issued.

So my questions are:

-Does any one here knows how police find this guy?

-Do I have any chance to take this guy (given that they find him), to civil court for causing all this mess?

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Im not a Cop, or a lawyer...

So any advice i give is going to be AT BEST, second to someone with that kind of background...

I would think that going to the DMV, and if you have the plates of the car, you should be able to get info on WHO owns it.

Maybe a name... an address... a phone number...

Thats where i would start...
Then maybe you should GO TO the police station...

SINCE they have an ID, bringing this Hit-n-Runner in should not be too hard...

People with ID's have addresses...

give the cops a few days... Then do the best ya can...

I belive that you WOULD have a case in court... I am reasonably sure fleeing the scene of an accident is generaly not cool....

And HOW the police FIND this dude... i would think just going up to his house...

But...
I would wait for a response from a Cop or a Lawyer...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
-Does any one here knows how police find this guy?

-Do I have any chance to take this guy (given that they find him), to civil court for causing all this mess?
[edit on 16-11-2008 by Bunch]

They run a search on the plates, and once they find the match, they see who owns the car, where they live et c.

He will be charged with a hit and run, but you might be able to take him to court to get some extra money. He'll have to pay for the hospital bills, as well as the bills for the damages to your vehicle, or at least he should.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hi,
Myself, hubby and kids were in an accident and the guy that was driving ran off, anyway to cut a long story short this guy was not insured to drive and did not have a license ( we later found out ). The police were able to find an address for him but he was never caught.
We ended up claiming through my husbands insurance which resulted in US having to pay more for insurance.
The police were not even going to attend the scene of the accident until a witness stepped in and telephoned them himself....crazy!!!

I hope your girlfriend is not to sore and that you catch the idiot who crashed into her.
If the car that was being driven was stolen it is unlikely the police will catch them but im no expert when it comes to the law ,so good luck

Jo

new topics

top topics

join