It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where should I move? HELP!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by duffster

I understand why you would say that. If you really read my prior posts then you would have also read that I said that I know there is no perfect place and that I am researching. I have to ask questions because I dont know---- this is why I am asking for HELP!

If I heard something incorrectly or do not understand what is going on in the country then I want to be corrected. Thats why I asked this on ATS' world wide forum. If you havent noticed, it is really hard to get information on what is going on in other countries and that is not a mistake; especially here in America. It is all about us. All I can do is ask questions about what I have heard and see if it is true. Its like how there are still some people out there that think that America's streets are really paved with gold. Deny Ignorance right?

If you dont ask you dont know....it doesnt mean that I am rejecting everyones suggestions. I am just researching and picking the best qualities of each place and taking it all into consideration. Noone and no place is perfect for me or anyone else but I can pick as close to perfect as I can until some other unforseen event happens. That is all I can control.

Respectfully,

Cairowoman

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrowServo
reply to post by Cairowoman

What has made you want to leave? What scares you? For many Americans, things are looking up for the first time in a while. So you are afraid, I understand that, but why? I am an American, so I can't give you much advice about where to go if you intend to leave the country (although I know it can be very difficult to do this without a substantial amount of money and useful and/or marketable skills to offer your new community) but I would simply say that pursuing a course based primarily on fear generally leads to undesirable results. Think on it.

you're urging someone to think on something when you stated about "For many americans, things are looking up for the first time in a while"?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

...but ultimately for me it would be the Australian outback Mick Dundee style far away from everything. If you go take me with you I've had enough.

Can't agree more, but from the U.S. there's only a 90day visa.... but hiding should be easy! If you don't have a passport its $135 .. I had one when I was 10 , now I'm 30.. and they only allow for a 15 year lap on renewals::Crap!!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Solan

I'm sure the Australia Immigration service has a bed till they deport you on grounds of over staying a visa

If any one comes to our country i hope they do it the correct way

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

hmm I am confused here why are you scared to live in the USA??/ I don't understand the issue, if you could explain it to me I may get the whole picture??? Thanks

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

As alluded to before, I think that the influences of the elites are taking over to a point that I feel that the financial security and safety of our nation is at hand. I have no solid information, just a keen observations of current trends.

You can speculate what situation X is while I leave.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If your serious, go to Alaska. I'm very serious, it's the last great land that's left that you can go and live off the land if you have to.
DO NO LEAVE THE USA, NO MATTER WHAT.

1. You don't have to learn new laws, it's still the U.S.A.

2. You don't have to learn a language.

3. You can get lost and NOBODY will find you.

4. Plenty of land to farm, the State is HUGE. At least a third as big as the rest of the lower 48 combined. It's the biggest state and the least population.

5. You might be able to still homestead, you have to check that. Google it, plenty of facts on the net.

6. You get into any trouble in another country and your screwed. The U.S. has the best human rights of the whole planet.

7. I'm an American, but live in Canada. Moving back asap. health care is free BUT doctors are booked. Hard to get a new doctor here.

8. DO NOT cross any ocean...EVER...if anything don't work out, you can get back even if you have to walk.

9. In Alaska you'll need a gun or two for backup. Here are the gun laws for that State......see below......to hunt and fishing gear.
Rifles and Shotguns
* Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No
* Registration of rifles and shotguns? No
* Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No
* Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No

Handguns
* Permit to purchase handgun? No
* Registration of handguns? No
* Licensing of owners of handguns? No
* Permit to carry handguns? No*

10. There's lots and lots of game and fish....there's thousands of fresh water lakes and enough fish for 10 lifetimes. Drink right out of mountain rivers.

11. If you have Google Earth go look at Alaska and see all the lakes & rivers.

12. The last thing you must think about is the cold. This is not an easy trip. The land is harsh and you have to tough...really tough. Most don't make in the boonies alone. The cold, the animals will eat you, if you can't cut wood to keep warm or you can't kill to eat.........you'll die.

You better think real hard on this idea. Montana, Wyoming...the N.W. would be better. You can get lost there also.

good luck

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Go to Europe in any country,here is safe we don't feel crisis that you feel in US you can earn as much money even more than in US

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by merky

6. You get into any trouble in another country and your screwed. The U.S. has the best human rights of the whole planet.

Hilarious!

Top Five countries subject to UN human rights criticism in 2007

1 Israel 121 7.02%
2 Sudan 61 3.54%
3 Myanmar 41 2.38%
4 Congo 39 2.26%
4 USA 39 2.26%
5 Nepal 35 2.03%

Link

Best human rights of the whole planet indeed...

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777

I too moved from So Cal to N. Washington and I was alarmed to find out about the "Constitution Free Zone, which is a 100 miles from the border zone where essentially you can be searched and rounded up for no reason and taken off, now whether that happens or not is surely arguable but for myself I did not realize this was the case when i moved here and it makes me uncomfortable to think it could be a reality, check out this link from the ACLU.

www.aclu.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fletcher33
reply to post by Watcher777

I too moved from So Cal to N. Washington and I was alarmed to find out about the "Constitution Free Zone, which is a 100 miles from the border zone where essentially you can be searched and rounded up for no reason and taken off, now whether that happens or not is surely arguable but for myself I did not realize this was the case when i moved here and it makes me uncomfortable to think it could be a reality, check out this link from the ACLU.

www.aclu.org...

PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD ON THIS PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THIS.......IF THERE ISNT ONE ALREADY....

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Cairowoman]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How about Arkansas? We moved here from Colorado and it's kinda like a a foreign country. It is absolutely beautiful, and if Arkansas shut off it's borders it could be self sufficient due to the clean water, abundant forests and fertile deltas. Sparsely inhabited except Little Rock, Fayetteville and Jonesboro (and those are tiny cities).
Noone seems to care about Arkansas, so we kind of do our own thing. Most are fiercely independent, and tend to have a live and let live attitude. Little Rock was named as one of the Creative Class towns for it's arts and enterprising minds. We need so much in Little Rock that still hasn't been done. Many corporate chains bypass Arkansas because it is somewhat geographically isolated. Try flying in and out of here without connections. 2 major highways. It isn't called the Natural state for nothing. This would be a good place to set up shop; with an alternative escape plan (like New Zealand) in case things go to hell and everyone runs to Arkansas.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wherever you go you won't escape your own negative thinking, that you need a gun for protection for example. That kind of thinking is not suited to the temperament here in Canada, so I am glad we are off your list.
I would suggest you look inside of yourself to find peace wherever you might be. The negative, pessimistic thinking you have demonstrated here is part of the reason why the world is in the state it is.
You can't escape yourself.
but you might be able to do something about the way you look at the world,
and possibly thereby do something to improve it.
peace

[edit on 2-12-2008 by wayno]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cairowoman
I have a young family and recent developments have made me start to seriously consider leaving the US and moving out of the US permanently. I know that if the US goes so does the world but if I could buy some time and go somewhere where I can have some land to farm on and some water maybe I can make it. Where is a good place? I do need internet access to make money (for as long as you can spend it :-) that's my only requirement. Does anyone know where it is easy as far as immigration to get in to their country?
I would like genuine suggestions please no sarcasm. I am afraid and I could use some suggestions. Also, please give me other things to consider that I may not have thought of.

Buy land somewhere that has no oil, gold, diamonds, drugs, etc etc.

Things of high value seems to attract the attention of some
pretty rough ppl.

That will severely limit your choices, but that would be the safest place.

If ppl hear any of those three are around, there is going to be trouble.

Good Luck !

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by merky

Alaska is awesome, and survivng the cold can be done by
making a Mike Oehler style underground home.

It will need more drainage due to possible metling of all the snow
at different times, but that should not be a problem to do.

In Denali National Park is a cabin by a man that lived solo up
there for years, and then finally moved back to civilization
when he got too old to take care of himself.

A documentary was made called "Alone in the Wilderness "

I highly recommend it.

Alone in the Wilderness

Dick proenneke was his name, and I am not saying it would be easy
to do, and it would be dangerous.

Almost anything solo is alot more risky because a disabling injury
can become fatal.

I have dreamed of living off the land in Alaska most of my life,
but I know I'd prolly end up grizzly food, those bears are my
#1 fear in that territory.

One shot from a high power bolt action rifle will not kill a grizzly
unless you hit it in just the right spot and their heads are so
damn thick that at some angles it will just bounce off.

Your best bet is 12 ga. slugs or 4 shot semi-auto shotgun.

That is about what it will take to stop a large angry grizzly.

You can try your bear mace if you want, I will bring flowers to the wake.

We might get to bury a shoe if we are lucky...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solan

Originally posted by moocowman

...but ultimately for me it would be the Australian outback Mick Dundee style far away from everything. If you go take me with you I've had enough.

Can't agree more, but from the U.S. there's only a 90day visa.... but hiding should be easy! If you don't have a passport its $135 .. I had one when I was 10 , now I'm 30.. and they only allow for a 15 year lap on renewals::Crap!!

Supposedly it is not too hard to get one for skilled labor.

If you can find a job in any of the cities that hasn't be filled
by a local citizen, and you take it for "awhile" you'd get in a bit
cheaper on something akin to a work visa.

Though from what I hear not many jobs that locals wont jump on
at a moments notice, might have better luck in the interior.

Vast majority live on the coasts.

One tid bit of advice learn the critters, australia has more poisonous
snakes than non poisonous ones, lol.

The land of deadly snakes

So if you can deal with that, it would be alright !

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The reason that the elite is knocking US down (along with the rest of the world) is - they are getting ready for a World War. The best thing to do to prepare people for the war is - economic crisis.
So, the best place to move will be - the one where there will be no war. As good as Europe is, it is certain that it will be (as always) a target for destruction. You know that US and Russia will be involved, along with Japan and other usual suspects (that is where they want to kill as many as possible, to establish total control).
My guess is that places like Australia or N. Zealand may be good. I like warmer climates, but the country has to have water and muslims cannot be in control. That is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join