It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Analysis of Oswald’s Backyard Photo – JFK Assassination

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I always thought his head looked a little big in the famous photo, here's a comparison of head size to height. It isn't exact obviously, but it's a big difference. I even gave the right photo with the smaller head some leeway but it still came out wrong.

Forgot to mention I straightened out the right photo, the original was leaning and that affects height.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by TylerKing]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
look at the first and second picture,round chin in the first,pointed in the second...there is hardly a large weight difference,that would not change the bone structure of the chin.

I'm pretty sure that has to do with the sunlights position. Shadows can really change faces alot. I know since i was in photography school and i don't think this is another man.

The whole thing to me looks acted. In an obvious 60's kinda way, just the way they did commercials back then. "Look world, this is me. The killer of your president, i am holding these 2 extremist papers and this rifle so that you've no doubt in your mind i am a gunloving extremist and it was really me."

I bet they promised Oswald protected identity on a far away island or something, then ofcourse they backstab him by taking advantage of Jack Ruby who clearly himself stated that there was more than meets the eye to this case and high status people were involved in getting him into the mess.

That's ofcourse just intuition from the information i've seen. It's hard to tell, but those pictures from the commision looks highly suspect.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

look at the first and second picture,round chin in the first,pointed in the second...there is hardly a large weight difference,that would not change the bone structure of the chin.

I am not sure about that. At least those darker spots on his skin near the chin are in both photos. That big shadow under his nose is a bit strange, i admit.

But the problem with the two-Oswalds-theory is: His wife and his relatives would have noticed. So do you think Marina met the only "second" Oswald in Russia? Or that she knew of a "swap" and she and the entire Oswald family were co-conspirator(s)?

I am not buying the two Oswalds thing. Photo and evidence manipulation and manufacturing possibly maybe even likely. Maybe even an Oswald imposter in Mexico. But a total person swap, that seems far-fetched.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here's a 3-D stereo pair of photos of Oswald in the back yard. I guess the thing with these is that they line up well enough that if there was significant tampering done to the one, there had to have been some done to the other. But again, why anyone would do that, when either one of the photos would have been enough to sway public opinion, or whatever?

Just something to think about. Sorry if you can't free-view these images. Some people just can't. Even with 3-D glasses.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhotrod

I am not sure about that. At least those darker spots on his skin near the chin are in both photos. That big shadow under his nose is a bit strange, i admit.

But the problem with the two-Oswalds-theory is: His wife and his relatives would have noticed. So do you think Marina met the only "second" Oswald in Russia? Or that she knew of a "swap" and she and the entire Oswald family were co-conspirator(s)?

I am not buying the two Oswalds thing. Photo and evidence manipulation and manufacturing possibly maybe even likely. Maybe even an Oswald imposter in Mexico. But a total person swap, that seems far-fetched.

The second and third photo i gave a link to were only 1 month to a month and a half apart...people dont change so drastically within a max of 2 months.Some time between oswald leaving america and arriving in moscow they were switched.Either that or everything after oswald leaving America...documents,photos etc were faked.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
the shoes oswald is wearing in the picture would increase his height by 1 inch to 5 foot 10 inches as he was measured to be 5 foot 9 inches in the autopsy room .. all body's are measured naked....

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thank you for that photo-pair, Nohup. When "wall-eyeing" that, that STRANGE spot I mentioned above (on the window) really jumps out. What is it? Photo fakery? In the right photo there is a vertical, thin black line running through it from top to bottom. Splicing?

[edit on 13-11-2008 by jhotrod]

[edit on 13-11-2008 by jhotrod]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yes, very interesting. I've also found fascinating the youtube video of the secret service standown.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
face looks very similar but bone structure (i.e. chin, eye sockets) and eye brows are questionable.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Regarding oswald's chin in the backyard photos

The excellent book "The Search for Lee Harvey Oswald" notes that if oswald's face was pasted onto another body, it would explain the differing chin.

A photo taken after his arrest clearly shows his cleft chin:

The green line shows where his face could have been cropped

[edit on 13/11/2008 by alienanderson]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The more i look at those photos the stranger they appear to me.

Why is he standing in that awkward position. The center of gravity in his body is seemingly beyond his right foot. He should topple, at least in the picture where he holds the papers to his chest! His head looks huge in this picture.

I can somehow accept the pose in the picture where he places the rifle on his hip. But that picture has this really strange small head on him, the photographer has moved a little closer, while he moved a little bit back so he should look the same! The proportions seem different.

But the strangest thing is, while Oswald (?) looks quite different in both pics, the surrounding looks exactly the same. How can that be?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What is that black spot on the fence of the middle picture? It's not on the others.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhotrod
Thank you for that photo-pair, Nohup. When "wall-eyeing" that, that STRANGE spot I mentioned above (on the window) really jumps out. What is it? Photo fakery? In the right photo there is a vertical, thin black line running through it from top to bottom. Splicing?

I'm still not seeing what you're describing. Most of the odd alignments in the photos are a result of the photographer changing position, possibly moving while they took the photo, and maybe some bad processing. Even the missing head shadow on the gate can be reasonably explained as a difference in reflection as a result of a change in position. Is there a way for you to point it out with an image?

One thing I thought was interesting is that Oswald's odd, seemingly off-balance stance is much more understandable with the help of the associated photo, as it shows the ground slightly uneven, and him balancing himself against the weight of the gun. (Guns, plural, I guess. Since he also has a pistol.) Not so odd, after all.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alienanderson

I know people say his head was just cropped on, but that isn’t the only thing that doesn’t seem to fit in the picture. The first time I saw it I noticed the lower half of his body past his waist. The pose he is in just seems off like the top half of him doesn’t really belong to the bottom, the bottom is almost tilted slightlymore than it should be. Mainly in the first photo.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The hand holding the newspaper looks like he could be holding a hand gun or....

Is this the original?

[edit on 13-11-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by alienanderson

I know people say his head was just cropped on, but that isn’t the only think that doesn’t seem to fit in the picture. The first time I saw it I noticed the lower half of his body past his waist. The pose he is in just seems off like the top half of him doesn’t really belong to the bottom, the bottom is almost tilted slighting more than it should be. Mainly in the first photo.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

Word rapin,you on my sexy list,but the photo is clearly faked along with the actual person posing in the photo as oswald was killed before he left for russia nd all document photos there after were faked imo.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Brilliant work, OP, starred and flagged.

The whole picture is a montage.
I'd say the body, the hands, the gun and the rifle were all added separately.

Look at the sharp-edged angles at the edge of the clothing. Very unnatural.

In a photo areas like the background showing under the underarm and under the groin will be slightly fuzzy. There is no fuzziness in these areas.

Look carefully at the hi-res image and you can see where the neck has been joined to the head.

Look at the shadow below the nose and you can see there was a very bright light immediately above his head to cause the shadow to be so dark, hard-edged and pointed straight down. Lights like that are commonly used in interrogations, as sitting for long periods under such a close, powerful overhead light induces intense headaches which disorient and anger the victim, but is not classed as torture.

The shadow on the ground is simply ridiculous -

There are other odd things about the photo too, such as the "phantom" against the door to the far left. Is that someone who has been obscured, or the shadow of a person who has been removed?

Not a good idea to worry about the background though, as it detracts from the arguments regarding the main figure.

One point worth noting:
The dates on the papers are used to determine the date of this series of photographs, making them appear to have been taken before the assassination.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to know if these pictures were actually made before the assassination.

An interesting point is that Oswald had been recently employed to fake photos, and owned an expensive Minox spy camera.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Pay attention to the sections separated by the red lines, they just seem disjointed. Perhaps someone could replicate the pose he is in and see if it is just a perception or if it is truly disjointed.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Great posts!

I first found ATS while looking for information about the JFK assassination, something that I always thought was far from explained (this may be a surprise for those who think I do not believe conspiracies
).

Keep on looking, we never know when someone finds something that was never noticed or "sees" things with a different mind.

Star and flag.

PS: and welcome to ATS!

If all people would start like this...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have a real problem with Oswald's hands in the three photos Nohup posted:

img37.picoodle.com...

In the third image, it looks like Oswald has a rather large ring on the ringfinger on his left hand, the image is not very good, but you can see a little "bump":

In the second image (the middle), it looks like this ring ("bump") suddenly appears on his right hand holding the rifle. The hand also looks very much the same as Oswald's left hand in the third image. I actually think it may be cut out from the same photo:

And what about Oswald's left hand in the second (middle) image?! It hardly looks like a hand at all. The arm doesn't look right either, the elbow isn't quite in the right place compared to his upper arm:

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, very interesting, very good!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join