It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Regrets During Presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
CNN Posted this little tidbit about Bush's Regrets during his reign as Emperor of the United States

Bush regrets things he said

I didn't think this should be considered breaking news since, it's not really news aside from being on CNN and General Conspiracy is more the G Bush Zone imho

But I was wondering

Could Anybody here... Help remind us of a few things that Bush Might have said during his presidency that he might have forgotten to mention?

I'm sure, he had just a few more quips than the handful in the article... at least i think he did

I'm somewhat certain there are more than a couple of things Bush mentions that, he probably regrets having had said...

Can anyone help remind us?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yes.

"This thaw -- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." --George W. Bush, on liquidity in the markets, Alexandria, La., Oct. 20, 2008

"We're fixing to go down to Galveston and obviously are going to see a devastated part of this fantastic state." --George W. Bush, Houston, Sept. 16, 2008

"The people in Louisiana must know that all across our country there's a lot of prayer -- prayer for those whose lives have been turned upside down. And I'm one of them." --George W. Bush, Baton Rouge, La., Sept. 3, 2008

"First of all, I don't see America having problems." --George W. Bush, interview with Bob Costas at the 2008 Olympics, Beijing, China, Aug. 10, 2008

"I'm coming as the president of a friend, and I'm coming as a sportsman." --George W. Bush, on his trip to the Olympics in China, Washington, D.C., July 30, 2008

"There's no question about it. Wall Street got drunk -- that's one of the reasons I asked you to turn off the TV cameras -- it got drunk and now it's got a hangover. The question is how long will it sober up and not try to do all these fancy financial instruments." --George W. Bush, speaking at a private fundraiser, Houston, Texas, July 18, 2008 (Watch video clip)

"I think it was in the Rose Garden where I issued this brilliant statement: If I had a magic wand -- but the president doesn't have a magic wand. You just can't say, 'low gas.'" --George W. Bush, Washington D.C., July 15, 2008

"And they have no disregard for human life." --George W. Bush, on the brutality of Afghan fighters, Washington, D.C., July 15, 2008

politicalhumor.about.com...

I'm not sure if those things he said are what you were looking for but he's said some pretty darned things over his tenure as President!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
His only regret is that he ever got caught.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I just saw the site you found those on... GREAT!!!

Some dooseys for sure like:

"I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 26, 2008

and

"And I, unfortunately, have been to too many disasters as president." --George W. Bush, discussing flooding in the Midwest, Washington, D.C., June 17, 2008

and

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

How does this guy list... only 3 or 4 regrets

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

That's a very good question.

I must say though that I'm a little sad that we won't be seeing more of these Bushisms when Obama is President.
. If Obama messes up or slips up, trust me, it won't be because of some speaking mistake.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
another doosey from ol GW

"I fully understand those who say you can't win this thing militarily. That's exactly what the United States military says, that you can't win this military." --George W. Bush, on the need for political progress in Iraq, Washington, D.C., Oct. 17, 2007

Comedians are seriously going to miss this man.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
On Education

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

On Internets

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

Much to the joy, that last one, of Anonymous

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My favorite, which I hope is a gaffe or possibly a freudian slip.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
www.youtube.com...
I forgot #3, that's as bad as Joe Biden asking that guy to stand up.
At least we'll have him to make fun of.

But I think the War in Iraq might be a biggy as to the whole something he regrets, or should I say he should regret. Especially the whole lying us into war and ousting a CIA agent just for it.

But things he specifically said that wern't gaffes, I hope, nothing comes to mind. Maybe the whole quote about Wall Street getting drunk and having a hangover, maybe he shoudln't have said that cause that opens up the question 'Who supplied the booze?' Deregulation? Nah of course not.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Already a thread about this...even though a mod moved it somewhere elseTHREAD

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Rentor]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
awwww crud, I'm not sure how ever that Bushisms can't fill 2 threads

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

"Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better." -George W. Bush, in a press conference with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien. Sept. 24, 2001

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. Sept. 19, 2001

"Arbolist … Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees." -George W. Bush, as quoted in USA Today, Aug. 21, 2001

"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency." -George W. Bush, June 14, 2001, speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson, unaware that a live television camera was still rolling.

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." -George W. Bush, Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

LMFAO ahh omg I needed a good laugh..

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Although he is probably one of the worst presidents this country has ever had, I'm glad we finally get to see the more human side of this man.

top topics

join