It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw V (Spoilers)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Once again it was Halloween and another Saw! Lots of twists as you are used to! Blood and gore, yummy! But it gives a look at the details, the past, of Jigsaw and how he set things up. And of course the ending... Or WHAT'S IN THE BOX! I want to know so badly but will probably have to wait until next year to find out what was in the Box!

[edit on 11-8-2008 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I thought Saw V was excellent.

I went to see it last night. As a huge fan of the series, I've been disappointed with the last two installments. The original was amazing and will be tough to top. The sequel was solid and I think really gave the film makers a base to make a run at a series with. I really think they missed the mark with number 3 and four by trying to do too much and really going too complex with the plots. It can be mysterious and suspenseful without being outright confusing.

But number five is excellent.

Well written and I love how it brings all of them together.

I'm fairly certain what is in the box and it explains the motif to why the killer is pursuing Jigsaw's vision.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

But the killer was the cop, not his wife who got the box. And I liked Saw IV, once I figured out that it happened at the same time as III. Before I was really confused but when I got it on DvD and had a Saw Marathon I understood they happened at the same time.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by chissler

But the killer was the cop, not his wife who got the box.

thanks for ruining it for me.

now im angry.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In her defense, the killer's identity was never in question. You actually know who the killer is in Saw IV. So it's not really letting you know anything that you already didn't.

Spoiler Alert!!

As for the box, I believe the contents are possible photo's and video of the cop and implicating him in the Jigsaw murders. Jigsaw left them for his ex-wife upon his death and know she holds the power over the killer to continue to do Jigsaw's work. She led them towards Detective Strahm, by what seems Jigsaw's order, and contributed to his set up.

I'm more excited for VI than I was any of the others.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I didn't know we had Saw fans here, I woulda put up thread's for 3,4 and 5.

I love these films so much, they go so deep and are so interconnected.
I don't like when people say I don't wanna see that Cheesy horror film, they are so much more than the gore and shocks they provide.
There is one kickass story in there, and it keeps getting deeper and deeper.

I'm waiting for 6 now.

If you want a good place to discuss these films with more Saw fans who think into it way more than any person should check out.

board.houseofjigsaw.com...

I am a member and have shared alot of my own theories and ideas there.

Here is one of my own theories that take place during III and IV.
I have provided the motive and evidence to support it, but you will still have your own judgements.
But check out the scenes and you may see it too.

My theory:
In another forum, I noticed someone was confused as to why Nurse Deborah was as high as she is on the credits list.

There is a reason for this.

She is the nurse you see when Jill goes to hospital..Saw IV

Nurse Deborah is also Lynn's friend or the one that talks to lynn at the start of sawIII.

Remember when Jiggy asks Lynn if she remembers him, I don't think this is about his cancer treatment, but it's about when Jill went to hospital after being crushed.

Nurse Deborah being there would suggest That Lynn Denlon operated on Jill Tuck.

Nurse Deborah is close to Lynn and it is the same woman in both films...

Check for yourself, she is in both sets of credits.

www.imdb.com... Listed as Deborah. Kim Roberts

www.imdb.com... Listed as Nurse Deborah. Kim Roberts

You will have to pause at the right scene, When John Kramer is talking to Deborah, you will see the Doctor sitting on Jill's bed, Saw IV

In saw III i'm sure you see Lynn take her hair scrunchy out. Her hair falls in exactly the same way as you see the Docter on Jills bed in IV.

Personally I think it's just one of the many hidden puzzle pieces for us to find and won't necesserily be explained any further, but it is plain to see when you see it.

One comment I got back in HOJ forums was that Jigsaw say's "I remember you telling me that once in that exact same tone"
I don't believe he was talking about his cancer, but about his Son Gideon.
She would have had to tell him "in a proffesional doctory way" that she could not save his son. Just like Dr.Gordon told him he had cancer.

So he tested her.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

You knew he was the killer in Saw IV so not a spoiler... As for what's in the Box, maybe it is proof that the cop is the killer and she is too keep him in line. Or maybe its more plans, more people, another doll. Or maybe it's a million dollars, I know that'd make me smile.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Common sense would say She got the evidence against Hoffman in the Box, but common sense doesn't usually play out in Saw films.

I think it would be good if she got the reverse bear trap(RBT) in the box, (it's the right size). Hoffman could have delivered it without knowing it's fianl use.

She could have the power to stop Hoffman and end all the Killing.
I don't think Jigsaw would test his wife like all the others, but he could test her to take the life of a Bad person, seeing as a bad person took the life out of her.

Just another theory I put on HOJ forums.

Plus how cool would it be to see the RBT actaully used to rip someones head apart, we got Jipped when it was on Amanda.Lol

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What I can't piece together is why his wife would involve herself. She was obviously opposed to his actions and repulsed by it when the truth came out. Or so we are to believe. But even sitting in the office waiting to meet with the lawyer, she doesn't seem to be pleased to be associated with her ex-husband. Then suddenly she is more than willing to further his agenda?

I don't see why.

I'm sure it will be touched on with future movies.. but I want to know now!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That is the biggest flaw in my theory.
Why would she want to hurt someone, I can't answer that.
It's just something I wouldn't mind if it played out that way.

Just out of curiosity, did you guy's spot where Hoffman lead Strahm to at the end???

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The last SAW I saw was the third one.

They should have just left it alone with the first movie that came out.. that one was the only one that was good, the rest suck(IMHO).

It seems like they're just creating another horror series like Halloween or Nightmare on elm street.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
The last SAW I saw was the third one.

They should have just left it alone with the first movie that came out.. that one was the only one that was good, the rest suck(IMHO).

It seems like they're just creating another horror series like Halloween or Nightmare on elm street.

Thats fine, being your opinian, one thing I have learned is that you can't convince someone to like these films if they don't want to like them.

These aren't Horror films, they a psychological thrillers.
No-one is invincible in these films.

What is wrong with a great series of films that are so inter-twined and connected to each other.

Freddy and Micheal myers just had sensless killing, these films do have a moral to it all.

join