It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picking Palin Apart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am highly curious why its necessary to pick Palin apart when she lost her bid for the white house.

It seems that information that isn't even verified is ok to use on her, without giving any thought into the possibility that these "inside aides" could be bitter sexist people.

People are talking about electing the first black president. The remnants of whats left of Palin pretty much reiterate the fact that this nations biggest civil rights issue is sexism.

From stories of incestuous relationships in her family, to being ostracized for being ditsy and last but not least taking everything anyone says seriously about her with no evidence. This continues after the fact shes no longer in the running.

People say Obama was treated unfairly with the whole Ayers, Wright and Muslim issue. I guess double standards are ok.

I've read up on a lot of elections and it seems this is fairly new as most candidates are forgotten about after election day.

I will go on the record to say IM NOT a fan of Palin, but will also add that the treatment she is receiving is not only unfair, but absolutely disgusting.

INPUT?!

[edit on 11/8/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yes its been pretty disgusting. The media during the campaign was bad enough. The political operatives within the McCain campaign are cowards.
I supported McCain but everyday he lets this continue without speaking out or stamping it out makes me lose respect for him.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Palin made herself an enemy of the media, now she is suffering the backlash. Since she is not the VP they are not treading lightly on her because now is ample time for payback, McCain lost the election so they don’t have to worry about getting interviews or anything of the sort with her (at least until 2012?).

That is just my speculation and I think it is frankly disgusting and shows the media’s evident bias. Now whether or not Palin deserved some harsh criticism or started this “war” with the media I don’t think is the point or important, the reason this issue is disgusting is because the media is treating Obama like a saint while he is the person their eyes should be on now. I voted for Obama, and I support him, but I do not wish for a president that again gets away with far too much, and I dislike the media treating Palin with out any respect, and unjustifiably kicking her while she is down.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
While I don't condone making Palin a scrape goat she is a very ease(SP?) target for two reasons . The first is that there isnt anything more to Palin then her comment about seeing Russia from her house . The second thing is that it is always for a political party or person to blame someone else rather then take a good look at themselves. Depending on how long it takes the Republican Party to take an honest and close examination of themselves will determine how long the party is in the wildness .

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Oh come on, her interpretation of what the VP does wasn't bad enough? Besides trumping foreign policy being she could see Russia from her house, wasn't that first uttered on Faux news by Laura Bush?I wonder if they can see her in her towel.

First time I ever heard about this was Faux News. I think what they're trying to say is they've gotten to know Mrs. Palin quite well, and although she'd be a good puppet, she's no President.

Heck I find it more damning the reports Todd Palin was telling Alaska big money to hold off giving money to McCain so they could finance a 2012 Palin bid.

But sure I'm sure someone without even the most basic understanding of the Constitution would be great to put up against Obama, a consitutional law professor. You think questioned the Mainstream "liberal" Media questioned her competency before? Just wait for her vying for the head of the ticket.There's a reason Dan Quayle didn't get the nomination in the 96 elections you know, at least he was a winner... once.

By the way I don't remember to much of the whole 'liberal media' jag going on when they wern't questioning bush about his policies and the lead up to and after the Iraq war. Seemed to be inserted back in after the whole Katrina incident.

Edit: for drunken grammar

[edit on 8-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
People say Obama was treated unfairly with the whole Ayers, Wright and Muslim issue. I guess double standards are ok.
..... will also add that the treatment she is receiving is not only unfair, but absolutely disgusting.

In case you have not noticed, the very people who treated Obama unfairly and in a disgusting manner, are the ones who are doing the same to Palin, her fellow Republicans. Apparently, the Neo-Cons, in a last bid for power, are using her as a sacrificial lamb.

I too was no fan of Palin, at least politically, but I agree the treatment she is receiving is deplorable. If the Republican party wishes to survive they need to send the fascist Neo-Con scum back to what ever dark, stench ridden hole that they crawled out of in the first place.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
At least Palin knew where Russia was, then Senator Obama didn't seem to be aware it was on the UN Security Council until one of his many foreign relations advisors pointed out it might not be the best place to resolve the Georgia conflict.

Everyone decided to go after Palin because, as the polls demonstrated, she was instantly a threat to the Obamassiah. He could be called "the one" without anyone raising an eyebrow but call him "that one" and there was uproar. One of the unfairest elections ever as presented to us by the media. He outspent McCain ten-fold (after reneging on a funding promise - again no-one said anything) no-one said he was "buying the election." The multiple registrations was given a pass as if it was ok to do all that so long as the "right candidate" won. He was allowed to say the word "old" so often it was almost habitual, not one accussed him of ageism.

Then yesterday he had his first press conference and managed to offend a well respected first lady, prompting an apology, when he had to speak without cards. I honestly reckon it won't be long before this euphopric nation begins to suffer buyer's remorse.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am highly curious why its necessary to pick Palin apart when she lost her bid for the white house.

As with any individual who runs for office, especially those who come out loosing, the media will pick them apart, regardless. No special treatment, just the media pushing up their ratings.... well... unless its fox news.. but then again they seem to be distancing themselves from Palin as well.

She chose to run for the VP position, she should have expected what was coming. When Hillary ran and the media treated her in such a negative manner last year, I never heard a thing from ya'll.

It seems that information that isn't even verified is ok

Like the rumor that Obama isnt an american natural born citizen? or the rumor that his muslim and he has no say in it? How about the "information" supplied by rightwingers here that the man is a secret terrorist plotting something against america? I see double standards here.

Yes admittedly some of the information about Palin has not been verified as with ANY rumor about candidates in past and present *cough* john mccains black baby. The story about the lawyer heading to alaska to retrieve the clothes is BS in my opinion, and the africa revelation has not been verified but then again there have been plenty of flops that are plain to see to all regarding Palin, and folks have the right to be skeptical. It goes both ways, not just to the left.

to use on her, without giving any thought into the possibility that these "inside aides" could be bitter sexist people.

I find it highly hypocritical of some in the right to use the word "sexism" and "bitter", looking back at Hillary and the comments towards her, and pelosi, whether you love or hate them, there is a very clear double standard set here.

The remnants of whats left of Palin pretty much reiterate the fact that this nations biggest civil rights issue is sexism.

Yes, and where were you folks when comments were made towards hillary by Fixed news and limbaugh? Oh right you were right there cheering em on... but with Palin its different, shes a conservative.

Like I said, double standards. And to frank I dont think Palin is being unfairly treated, after her gaffs over the last few months of running, she got what was expected from the media, regardless of how you feel.

From stories of incestuous relationships in her family, to being ostracized for being ditsy and last but not least taking everything anyone says seriously about her with no evidence. This continues after the fact shes no longer in the running.

As said, these rumors and what not are unacceptable, regardless of what side, but what the hell do you expect?? I mean really now we should all treat her like a princess and nobody should say a thing about her or else its sexist? I find this extremely funny coming from Palin supporters.. looking back at where they were when Hillary was on top.

She decided to run for the VP position and she got what all the other candidates got in the past and present, criticism.

The last thing you want is to demand she get treated like a princess by everyone and not expect this from the media and opposing side, because that in itself is sexism.

you have no idea how hypocritical and ironic that sounds....

I will go on the record to say IM NOT a fan of Palin,

Oh sure you aint... but you are blinded by your parties partisanship so it wouldnt matter.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I think more disconcerting than the media jumping on this (which they all would either because of liberal bias or just because it's a juicy story) is the fact that part of the McCain team so quickly tried to smear Palin. Whether or not the reporting of her is true, she clearly made some real enemies in the McCain camp.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
She was running for Vice president of the United States of America. There were a lot of intelligent people that new she was simple a proxy candidate to pick up some of the RECORD BREAKING women's voting that Hilary had in the primaries.

She was guarded tightly during her campaign and very few real penetrating inquiries were allowed after she exposed her lackluster intellect on Katie Curick.

Now that the veil has been lifted and the facts are out. Guess what, the smart people that knew in the beginning are only now allowed to reveal their evidence.

You defend her? You call it sexist? (Hilary broke voting records) WRONG!

It is because choosing her completely disregarded the intelligence of the American people.

AAC

[edit on 8-11-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You can feel sorry for Palin all you like but history will judge the decision to put Palin within a heartbeat of the Presidents Office bordered on treasonous. She would have done untold harm to the United States of America. She should not have been picked, asked or even considered. I hope her present defenders can one day realize that she was severely under qualified to be President while still holding on to their fondness of her as a person.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This woman is truly an insult to the majority of the American public. Please forgive me but you can not fix stupid. Ignorance, yes. She had no concern or regard for her lack of knowledge and could care less. So stupid, yes. As a woman, for the Republican party to thrust this idiot into the forefront is totally a sign of dis-respect and total dis-regard for all Americans intelligence.

That being said, i do have compassion for her. It makes my stomach turn that the Republican party are now showing their true agenda colors (dark) and bringing the attention (light) they so rightly deserve. You can clearly see they used her for the evangelical vote and Hillary voters. Sad thing is, she let them.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You can feel sorry for Palin all you like but history will judge the decision to put Palin within a heartbeat of the Presidents Office bordered on treasonous. She would have done untold harm to the United States of America

There are those who would easily replace the name Palin with Obama in your prediction. Only difference will be, not within a heartbeat of the presidents office, but right in the middle of it.

I think we know far more about Palin than we know about Obama and he is now your next president. Tell me which is scarier something that might have been or something that still might be.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Remember when Obama said that there were 57 states? Where's all the criticism that he's a complete idiot? Nope...he was just fatigued so the media lets it slide.

I like Palin. I guess that makes me a dumbass as well. She was an outsider...that was the most appealing thing to me. Our government is STOCKED FULL of supposedly SMART people who do STUPID ass things..yet people bash someone who is having no part in our federal laws.

Here's a thought: Why don't some of you take the anger and hate you have for this woman and try to focus it on the terrible job your government is doing.

This is like kicking someone when they are down.

She's out of the election...SHE LOST. LET IT GO!!!

top topics

join