It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What damage is the school system doing to our kids.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Heres a vid of a elementry school teacher.

Watch it. Form your own opinion.

The teacher is very condisending towards the 7 years old that like McCain.

One of the McCain supporting children was asked, Why they support John, the kid was honest, said, Because my parents do.

An Obama kid was asked, and said, Because i want a want president.

Rather then saying anything about how that is being overtly racist, how it is wrong make decisions based on skin color, the teacher just glosses over it.

Our country is doomed, doomed because of the quality of our teachers. Utterly failing to educate our kids, and filling thier heads with nonsense.

Change, oh, its coming, but go ask those nice germans of the 1930's, ask them if they got the change they wanted. Ask the Cubans if they got their change, or ask the Venozealns that are living under the rule of Hugo Chavez.

Ask them how their change is going.

And then realise thats the way we are going.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I really hope that teacher is fired ASAP.

There is NO reason at all to even bring up politics in an elementary school class room. And with her condicending attitude towards a seven year old girl? Telling her that her daddy will be in Iraq for the next 100 years if McCain wins? And on top of all this, getting racially backed reasons from such young children?! Come on, this lady really has no common sense at all and does not deserve to be teaching that age group. Children are very impressionable minds, and need the utmost care in their raising - which she obviously has not bothered with.

If anyone has any more information about this video I am very curious about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
okay check this out. my little brother is eight and goes to elementary school(k-5) the school had a mock election. well not only is that ridiculous asking little kids to vote but thats beside the point. well my brother comes home and asks me who he should vote for. i told him vote ralph nader. he said its not a choice its either McCain or obama. i explained to him nader is a real candidate and you can vote for him. so he writes in nader and goes to school. he comes home from school with a note from his teacher that nader is not a real candidate and isn't mentioned in the polls. she later called my mother to tell her the same thing. wtf is nader a banned subject in school?

(obama won the elction 84%)

asking kids to vote is stupid and wrong. wtf do kids know about making informed decisions.

[edit on 07/17/2008 by N. Tesla]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
making the children into perfect little consumerist robots

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't think that a teacher should put kids on the spot like that. She went after the girl who said ~McCain, because thats who my parents are for~ She made that girl feel bad or embarrassed for her choice. The "O Lord " comments every time that a kid said McCain was unnecessary as well. Teachers should not act like campaigners in the classroom. I believe that this teacher approached this discussion in a terrible manner. When it comes to this sort of thing, there are no wrong answers. She should have made that clear. Even though she said "O thats Ok" , She still made it seem like McCain was the wrong answer. When adults vote, we can do so discreetly, and our reason can be anything that we want it to be, whether it is an intelligent decision based on facts, or because of something we saw in an email.

As for the kid who said that he wanted a black President, Well, there is nothing wrong with that either. I didn't think of it as racist. I think that it really means something more than that, but perhaps he didn't really know how to explain.

Although if a kid said McCain, cuz he's white, well all Hell woulda broke lose.

new topics

top topics

join