It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Super moons coming up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I have had calls from a couple of people today who follow astro cycles and apparently the full moon on Nov 13th has some VERY NASTY astro configurations. Its also a “supermoon” which is on a new or full moon which occurs when the Moon is 90% or greater of its closest approach to Earth.

urbansurvival.com...
Dec12 as well. The moon influences lots of things. Take care people.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed, Great post, thanks for putting it up.

The other part i find odd is the 'web bot' had a prediction of something bad and huge on the 14th..

extra gravity, pulls at earth's plates, quake? eruption?

Very interesting news.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What is it with the 14th of the month? The world as we knew it was supposed to end LAST month on the 14th!! Again THIS month? Come on guys.....

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

The other part i find odd is the 'web bot' had a prediction of something bad and huge on the 14th..

extra gravity, pulls at earth's plates, quake? eruption?

Very interesting indeed. I believe the 'web bot' project also predicted a possible 'major' quake on the west coast of canada, Vancouver area on or around Dec. 12. This date is also mentioned as being a 'supermoon' in the OP's quoted article. Hmmmm and I live about 250 miles inland from Vancouver.

I wonder if any major events occurred on previous 'supermoons'

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Interesting.

Wonder what exactly it will bring.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HERACAT
What is it with the 14th of the month? The world as we knew it was supposed to end LAST month on the 14th!! Again THIS month? Come on guys.....

wow

the last time I checked no one said the world was going to end with the "big moons" coming up... that's just your ignorance... you clearly didn't understand what was being said so you just crapped on the keyboard.

anyways... yes, I think the december moon will be the closest of the year.. we should see some pretty high tides and some decent earthquakes.

I also expect weird things to happen in Nov and Dec around these dates... the moon has a weird effect on people.

im glad you grabbed this from urbansurvival.... it's always a good read.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I wonder if any major events occurred on previous 'supermoons'

china quake..

Indonesia tsunami/quake...

just to name 2 recent ones.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VernonBC

Originally posted by severdsoul

Very interesting indeed. I believe the 'web bot' project also predicted a possible 'major' quake on the west coast of canada, Vancouver area on or around Dec. 12. This date is also mentioned as being a 'supermoon' in the OP's quoted article. Hmmmm and I live about 250 miles inland from Vancouver

No.. actually webbot doesn't predict an earthquake directly for vancouver (my home as well)..

it predicts that there will be one in cali that causes the fault to slip all the way up the coast...
im sure we will see many effects from it, but it wont be a direct hit on vancouver.. that's just mis-information.

with that said...

southern cali might be a very bad place come dec 10-12 with the whole west coast being effected.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I just performed a google search on 'supermoon' and came across this link:

Supermoon Alignments

By the looks of this chart there are at least 4 Supermoons per year. I guess what one could do is take the date of previous supermoons and see if they can be matched to a major event of some sort happening on that date

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I found this by doing a google search. Unfortunately I was unable to find the article on the web-bot website"

"The Web Bots foresee a West Coast/Vancouver area large scale earthquake around December 12, 2008."

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Jan.10 2005 was an Extreme Super Moon but I dont recall anything out of the norm happening that day. I am fascinated by the moon. How it effects the tides. Beautiful to look at as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VernonBC

Good news is that I subscribe to, and read all of the webbot runs.

im not arguing that we in Vancity won't be effected... infact I have already made plans to be at home those 2 days..

the fact is the epicenter will not be in vancouver.. plan and simple.

I mean, the whole san andreas / pacific / juan de fuca plate are going to slip.

we will feel it..

two things you also have to mention with the quake and webbot:

webbot is saying:

at least a 9.2
volcano(s) will erupt
weather patterns will change in some areas
river flows will change in some areas

but anyways.. back to the topic..
I read somewhere that during these "moons" that san fran in particular is supposed to have record breaking tides those days.
wonder if the fishing will be good?

gonna be neat to see the mon that close.. I hope it's clear out those nights.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So you guys are saying it is predicted that California will fall into the Ocean soon?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I live in Los Angeles, and if such a horrible quake happened of a 9.2 magnitude... well... it's been nice knowing ya!!!

I lived through the Northridge 94 quake, and they called that one out at a 6.7, even though the triangulations for the San Fernando Valley area I was in was around an 8.3 (only about 5 miles from the epicenter). And let me tell you, it was the most horrifying experience of my life. We all thought a bomb had gone off. Every single thing in our apartment fell down, and we didn't hear anything fall because the quake was so absurdly loud!

I pray something like this doesn't happen. After the minor quake we had a few months back, CalTech came out and said on live TV that the BIG ONE will happen within the next decade. I sincerely hope I'm not in Socal when it happens.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Please tell me its only november and not december this supermoon is going to shake things up, as I will be on a plane in mid dec and Im already a nervous flyer. Not to mention, if there is going to be bad weather to interupt my winter sun!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
well there will be a supermoon on november 13th and an ultramoon on december 14th. good news though the last time we had an ultra moon was jan 10 and nothing happened.

i say this in every webbot post

the webbot is like a drunk guy pissing even when he hits the bowl it was still by accident.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Damyou! I fly the 15th Dec and Im a nurotic flyer! Can I get out of this vacation or more importantly, do I want to? Nooooooo! I cant wait to get bronze, sip Jamaican Rum and enjoy the extra DARK skies without all the street lights in JA! Who knows what I might see!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
[ there will be a big beautiful moon to sip your drink under... and thats all that will happen!! Have a great time!i]reply to post by Treacherous

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Treacherous

you will see and feel nothing. this is all overhyped crap. nothing happened january 10th and nothing is gonna happen then. dont worry yourselve and enjoy yourself.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fromtheheart66

Aw gawd bless you! I'm such a naff flyer that I will be repeatin your thread as a mantra when we land!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join