It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing picture of Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Can you children discuss a topic logically? Those pictures are impressive. They were taken and posted online for a reason, they are impressive. That was the intent. Posting bogus pictures in retaliation is small minded.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think some of us don't see the connection between these pictures and saying Obama was born to be president, at least I don't can't speak for anyone else. There are just as many pictures like these of McCain, Kerry, Gore, etc. But obviously they were never president.

What is the connection? How are these pictures an indication that he was born to be president?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
None of my pictures were bogus or doctored. They just don't display the Messiah in a breath taking fashion. But thanks for noticing.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

No he speaks well too. That acceptance speech was like... soooooo amazing. I couldn't believe how much better I felt after that, and everybody was soooo united.

Obaaaaaaama sheeple scare me.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Seriously... what's so impressive about them? Or is it just the quality of the photography itself you refer to?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yes, the pictures are great....but, in my view, the photographer(s) is attempting to paint Obama as some sort of deity. The filtered light behind his image, the expanse of sky behind his lone figure, the rapt attention of the crowd, etc. etc.

Kind of unsettling to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Seriously... what's so impressive about them? Or is it just the quality of the photography itself you refer to?

They were taken to invoke an emotional response, I'd say they succeeded. Denying that is to be blind. To not be moved by them is a critical response. Same as any advertising.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I believe it's the artistic view of the pictures. How it clearly "portrays" the person the public makes him out to be. The same way his speeches are said.

They are meant to "inspire" the people who support him.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by xDove007]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Some are saying he was "born" for this....
I agree because I believe in prophecy.

Some are saying he was "made" for this...
I agree because I believe in the PTB in the background.

I can't agree that he is the right person to lead this country. The creepy alert goes off...call it "spidy-sense" if you will =P
Although I also believe the script is pre-written, we're just here to watch the show.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
seriously I'm incredibly glad i was born about an hour north of the US. People bitch and moan about how bad it's been for the last 8 years, someone comes along not only promising change, but with a cound plan to deliver it, and all they can come up with is redneck racist rhetoric, and denunciation of "liberalism". honestly, it's not 1865 anymore. People need to start looking past who they can oppress and start working together toward common goals. like, perhaps finding a way to either save this rock we're slowly killing, or finding a way off to another big rock that can support us until we kill it too.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The commercial is saying "look at me, I look awesome, therefore I will be an awesome president".

If put in words, its immediately apparent how stupid it is, isnt it?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Sadly, it seems a very lot of Americans and non Americans voted for him because of his looks.
I can't wait to see all the lovely changes he's gonna make! We should be out of the war by the end Feb or so and have the economy fixed by then too! WooT!
his list is endless
I'm doin' the Change' change ch ch change change dance!
I realy think it's time to learn useful skills and hunker down somewhere

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Your opinion, not mine. He's not my president and never will be.

Hmm, how can you say that? He will be (unless not somehow prevented) next president of United States, and assuming you are citizen of US, therefore he's gonna end up being your president - unless you'll apply and receive citizenship in another country. Try France, it's the mini US today

No offense, just trying to figure out your logic.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
The commercial is saying "look at me, I look awesome, therefore I will be an awesome president".

If put in words, its immediately apparent how stupid it is, isnt it?

Not stupid at all. It worked didn't it? They used his charisma perfectly. Damn good campaigning imo. Say what you will about him he's a helluva politician. He beat the Clintons.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I really have no illusions about Obama... he is a politician... and I do have some serious problems with how he is sometimes portrayed. In fact one of my initial objections to him was that he runs the risk of being a demagogue and that bothers me to no end.

Still I understand the historic significance of both his nomination and win and as such I can see why some idealize him so.... but as with all politicos, those who do will only be disappointed. No politician ever lives up to his promise... its impossible for them to do so.

I will say that he grew on me... from his acceptance speech on and especially in the debates and how he handled himself in the general election.... I was impressed. Just as I was impressed with McCain's concession speech and wish he had run his campaign with such grace and dignity. If he had, while I still wouldn't have voted for him... I could have respected him. As it stood I had no respect for the John McCain of the campaign.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Which is exactly why I do not find them impressive in the least. They are just so much advertising designed to manipulate a response, emotional or otherwise. I find nothing impressive about the pictures themselves or the methods of manipulation they seek to exploit. Maybe you and I define the word impressive differently?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Amazing pictures, its nice to see a politician who wasn't caught in a compromising position for a change, it matters not what others say do or how they act, the right decision has been made.

I have to say one thing, I'm glad the election is over, so glad, maybe now we can go back to doing what we seem to do best? worry about getting the truth out about everything, I've seen so much these past few months, opened my eyes as to how dedicated members are to seeking and sharing truth.

Also opened my eyes about how genuine some are about what they sprout, how people care about each other, and how some just dont give a damn about anyone, but its all done and nearly dusted, and I for one feel so much better about living on our small world, especially with this man leading the way.

Mankind has hope now. a lot of hope.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
they're publicity shots, used for publicity, to promote the subject as being a dignified and powerful leader, as intrepid has pointed out they were put on the net for that reason.

they don't mean he was born to lead, they mean that the pictures were taken to promote him as being born to lead.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

SOS, even your Avatar has a good picture of him.

Nice...

It's really tough to get a bad picture of Obama

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join