It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "Dream"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hi guys ive been reading the forum for a while now and ive decided to create an account.This is my first post.

Okay,so i live in an apartment by myself and this year i had just come back from spring break.Like i said i live by myself, and i went to sleep one night.I cant remember any part of my dream except for this.I kind of woke up and i felt really wierd, I couldnt move my head.My head was tilted to the left,where i could see my white wall of my room.I couldnt move my body at all.This is the strangest part.I heard this FANLIKE noise coming closer and closer to my head and it got louder and louder.Then all of the sudden i passed out without remembering anything that i dreamt afterwards.Now i dont have a fan in my apartment whatsoever.I just passed it off as a dream.

But last week i was talking to one of my female friends and she was telling me about her sister in law.It should be noted that i didnt bring this topic up during the conversation.She said that her sister in law told her that she was sleeping one night and she heard a fan noise coming over her body and she was paralyzed.I was shocked!The only difference was that she had her eyes closed.The fan noise bit startled me because i heard the same exact thing.She said she went to the church and they told her it was a demon and she shouldnt worry about it at all because they cant hurt her.

I am not religious whatsoeverand i dont believe in religious stories.But what was it?Im actually kind of frightend.Was it an out of body experience?i didnt feel like i was out of my body though.Has anyone experienced something similar?please reply

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My aunt had this same thing happen shortly after her brother, my father, died.
Scared the pants off of her.
Down to the letter the same thing.
I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight, because you gave me the hebbie jeebies.

*~

[edit on 6/11/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
wow, i have no clue what it could be.im thinking about going to see someone about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It's called sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations. Used to happen to me all the time, almost nightly. Very frightening stuff. My problems with it resulted from serious sleep deprivation and a messed up sleep schedule. You see, when your brain goes into REM, it puts out a chemical that paralyzes your entire body so as to keep you from acting out your dreams. I was so sleep deprived, my brain would release that chemical, entering REM, before I was entirely asleep. I was in a hypnagogic state, between waking and sleep. It seemed like being awake because it was always in my bedroom, but I have wild visual and auditory hallucinations, like seeing my mother coming through the door, seeing my best friend lying next to me, hearing voices. I once even felt myself being grabbed and lifted violently upward. Extremely frightening stuff. However, once I rectified my sleeping habits, I stopped experiencing it. It's been months now. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Why would you have to be scared? If you belive in aleins then there are things far beyond your control out there. Every inch of space around your body could be swimming with life in other dementions. Being scared does not help you, not one bit.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Unreal

I am a longtime lurker - never created an account, but need to reply to this.

This happened to me about a week ago.

I was lying in bed, sleeping, when I woke up to a strange green light outside my bedroom window. I live on the top floor, 3rd, of an apartment and started to get up to check it out - but couldn't. I was completed paralyzed form the neck down and then got an overwhelming feeling of fear.

I do not know why, but I squeezed my eyes shut as hard as I could - and then suddenly I heard a loud buzzing type noise, like a fan and a thousand bees mixed together. I then felt what i can only describe as a pulse of energy, which caused evey tiny hair from the tip of my toes to the top of my head to stand on end. I tried describing it to an open minded friend the next day, the "pulse" - but I couldnt really convey how it felt.

It took me a full 5 minutes or so after it was gone to unglue my eyes, and I bolted out of bed and didn't sleep again that night.

Have slept wth the light on ever since. Yes, I went through the whole "could it have been a dream" internal argument - but it was something else - and i have no idea what.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Being scared is human nature although i agree with you 100%

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You may have experienced sleep paralysis (not necessarily associated w/ abduction....)

I had a soldier here up until a month or two ago, who has since moved on to another unit in the states. This soldier (and the rest of us) live in a building near where we work which we believe to be haunted, due to some stuff that goes on constantly in there.

Anyway, the soldier (I'll call him Chris) told me he would wake up in the early morning and not be able to move and hear a loud noise in his ears. He would be terrified and unable to do anything until it stopped and finally fall back asleep.

He gave me a youtube link for the way the noises sound, but since I'm at work right now, I cannot get that information for you. I'll try to add it on here later.

Oh yeah, star and flag for you.

Good luck!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by mf_luder]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I always pay close attention to my dreams. I believe they are meaningful.

Regards,

-map

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane361

I've had the same thing but I also floated out of my bed.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve

you really should record you sleeping ... and you should install a spyware software in your computer to record what the hell you are doing... ehhu

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve

That is silly. Really? Did you watch "Beetlejuice" before you went to bed by any chance?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

As you know of my research from the other thread, I am well ahead of you. I am continuing this research tonight. I am confident though that this particular experience was simply an Out of Body Experience/dream.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lorehorrible

There is no reason to chastise me with your ignorance. I never said it was anything more than a dream.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That's very odd. My boyfriend has experienced sleep paralysis a few times. He's woken up and not been able to move. Then the blankets start moving on their own, and that gets pretty creepy. We think it might be ghosts, though. We've had plenty of paranormal experiences in his room lately. I don't believe he's heard a sound similar to fans in his ears, though. I will have to ask him. Don't be too worried about it, though, dude. Just keep looking into it. Sometimes our brains do weird things.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalSteve

There is no need to refer to my joking around as ignorance. So calm down.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lorehorrible

Yet me having a dream of floating out of my bed is completely abnormal

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalSteve

JOKE. YAY. HUMOR.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I do believe what is happening to you and others is 'leaving the body' or Astral Projection.

Many people report loud air movement like sound(whiring or whooshing) and the feeling of being paralyzed.
The feeling is not pleasant and very frightning to most.

Oftening comming back into the body alittle to rapidly is what is being expierenced. Most are asleep but some awaken or are awake durring this process.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by azureskys]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I asked my boyfriend about his sleep paralysis, and he told me he's heard the "fan noise" or a humming. He said that it is common for people who experience sleep paralysis to hear that noise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join