It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC 7 and Twin Towers "pulled" with Cables?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I was watching the ABC archive footage and one shot caught my eye in particular where you can see some of the outer wall of the WTC still standing after the demo wave passes, but then seeing it suddenly getting pulled downward and in toward the core.

To me it looks almost as if cables are pulling on it! Although it's almost impossible to tell if it's a cable of floor assembly tugging it inwards. But when you also think about the unnatural direction of the top of the south tower when it begins to tip, yet seems to stop tipping and follow a path downwards, as if cables were stopping it from completely going over, keeping all the largest elements in the footprint? Well I guess it could be all the interconnecting trusses and holding it in place but I do wonder.

Well to add to this we obviously have Mr. Silverstein saying 'pull it' which in demolition terms means to pull a building down with cables, or pulling away the supports from below, which is usually accomplished with heavy machinery. I also got this from the Silverstein on Charlie Rose when Silverstein signs the collapse with his hands.

Looks like he is asertively signing a 'pulling it down' type of motion when describing the towers. I don't know if there is anything to it but this signing has always stood out to me in that interview.

Anyway to add to this, we also had a CTer phone up a bunch of demolition companies asking them to explain exactly what pull it means:

WTC 7 - Pull means pull with cables

Well food for thought I guess. Could the collapse of the buildings been assisted not only with explosives, but with cables too?

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Insolubrious]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
hmm tough crowd. Well here's some further info towards the "pull it" with cables idea.

Building 6 was 'pulled' with cables. Shaking a building brings about the failure. CD show us how they 'pulled' a building at the world trade center using heavy machinery. Note also the sound of failures and the collapse. It's sort of like a Bang bang then whoosh! A torrent of white noise (although we don't see any flashes
). Well it reminded me a little of how the towers sounded when they collapsed.

Also please got o 1:57 in above video for interview with CDI on what the term "pull it" actually means.

Don't forget what Larry said!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I came across this article today, apparently Fort Worth's Landmark Tower was brought down/pulled with cables and explosives. I guess it's a wise thing to do when taking down large structures, especially with the likes of tall buildings, since you can assist the motion of collapse into the footprint by pulling them inwards using heavy machinery.

To pull the walls in and properly direct the collapse during implosion, 98 steel cables were used. This required several thousand lineal feet of steel cable ranging in size from 3/4-inch to 1-3/8 inch. The first floor of the Landmark Tower was surrounded by steel cables and nets to contain glass and aluminum. Steel cables were put in place on the first, second, third, fourth, sixth, eighth, 10th, and 12th floors to assist in the direction of fall. Demolition Dynamics Co., of Franklin, Tennessee, prepared the actual explosive work.

A talented team of demolition experts "blow down" Fort Worth's Landmark Tower.

www.allbusiness.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Interesting theory, but you gotta think...

What kind of equipment would it take to prove the torque necessary to pull down 110-story skyscrapers?

It'd be a lot bigger than just a simple crane winch on outriggers. Were there big machinery in the basement, winches and such that no one had ever noticed? That's plausible...nobody ever really knows whats in those equipment rooms except for maintenance people and if you own all of them you can pretty much do whatever you want.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxxJClarkxxx
Interesting theory, but you gotta think...

What kind of equipment would it take to prove the torque necessary to pull down 110-story skyscrapers?

It'd be a lot bigger than just a simple crane winch on outriggers. Were there big machinery in the basement, winches and such that no one had ever noticed? That's plausible...nobody ever really knows whats in those equipment rooms except for maintenance people and if you own all of them you can pretty much do whatever you want.

The cables wouldn't need to be able to pull the entire structure down on their own, they would simply be there to assist the direction of collapsing sections whilst the explosives/incendiaries did the work of breaking up and bringing down the building. Steel cables used in demolition are very strong i believe, I think capable of pulling over 4 tons in weight, they most likely have even higher and stronger gauges, and they may use multiple cables per floor. I expect they would of only rigged certain floors (not all of them) to pull the debris into the footprint.

Indeed there was some large heavy equipment in the basements, mostly generators that had the job of powering the towers systems like the air conditioning, water pumps and other things I assume. Some of them I think were simply backup generators used in case of power cuts to keep essential systems running. William Rodriguez though the first explosion he heard must of been one of the large sub level generators. He came across as suspicious of the sub level equipment, remarking that they always needed a serious amount of diesel fuel to keep them running and that he wasn't really sure what they needed it all for. Well he is only a janitor i guess! But perhaps his suspicions were better founded than we thought. I wonder if it's possible the mechanical floors were exploited too.

Who knows, perhaps those generators could of been used/retro fitted or converted in some way to assist the collapse, or even cross wired to explode. There are very odd sounds occurring before the collapse in many videos of the south tower that I must admit sounds more like a large motor or something large moving than an explosion. In many 911 videos there is a very large amount of background 'noise' around the towers which has always seemed a little suspicious to me. What was all that noise anyway? Broken steam pipes? Perhaps the sound of a very large motor running underground? Either way, all that 'noise' in lower Manhattan makes a great cover for any small explosions! It's a bit of a long shot but one guess is perhaps they were also shaking the buildings with equipment in the sub basements to induce failure.

Are we hearing explosions or something else? ^
Ramping is not to be expected from percussive blasts, unless they are setting off hundreds in sequence, faster and faster, or are we are hearing the sound of internal failure brought about by something else...

Watch for example of background "noise". ^ What's with the rumbling noise?

Note: as they approach the towers it almost sounds like a sizzling/hissing sound is dominating the audio, accompanied by a constant hum (sounds like an engine). See 3:00 onwards for the hissing, the guy filming even mentions the hissing. At 5:00 you can heard an ominous rumbling, sounds similiar to a jet engine (perhaps it was).

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Insolubrious]

new topics

top topics

join