It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy vs. Security or Privacy vs. Government Intent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Mods, I'm not real sure where to put this so if it's in the wrong place, forgive me and feel free to move it.

I've seen a lot of talk lately about the NWO, RFID Chips, Government IDs, etc. so I have a sincere question to ask all ATS'ers:

What is more important, your privacy or national security, and what is so wrong about giving up certain privacies to protect more people?

I am undecided as to where I stand on this issue, because I simply have not seen a great many arguments made on either side. I'm just wondering if the problem lies in the government's intentions through the use of such devices as an RFID chip, or is it actually about the loss of privacy? Anyone who can help me out here I'd greatly appreciate it!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty, nor safety."

-Ben Franklin

I think this quote sums up my feelings on the issue at hand, and who better to say it than Ben Franklin.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It seems a good many people don't have a problem with the actual loss of privacy (to an extent) but they are afraid that the government will somehow double-cross them in the end and use it against them. This really is all I'm seeing, and I don't understand why that is reason enough to be so worried about every little thing that happens.

New globalized ID? What makes it any worse than any ID you have now? Hate the idea of an RFID Chip? It seems you want to have the freedom to disappear from humanity/society. Perhaps it really is best for us to have an RFID chip, especially if it aids in capturing wanted criminals. Perhaps not, but I really haven't seen anything to prove otherwise except fear of 'The Powers That Be' that control the 'NWO.'

Edit to reply to trustnoone1987: Are you losing a liberty through a one world gov't or a card which could easily verify you are who you say you are? Nice quote though, I'll be using that one with my friends in the near future!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Forgive me for bumping my own thread, I just really can't understand everyone's worries. I've seen flocks of threads dealing with the anger and frustration of many ATS'ers over the loss of privacy. Is it really that bad to have a government know everything you do? If so, why? Because you break laws you don't agree with and don't want to get caught?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
One simple question, and answer it as frankly and honestly as you can, "Do you believe the government AND the people that are running it are acting in your best interest or theirs?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
One simple question, and answer it as frankly and honestly as you can, "Do you believe the government AND the people that are running it are acting in your best interest or theirs?

I absolutely believe they are acting in their own best interests. I think it's just chance that sometimes what's in their best interest happens to also be in ours.

But again, that seems like it isn't the actual loss of privacy which bothers people, it's what they believe the government will do with it. I'm just not seeing the big deal in whether the government knows what we are doing or not. The loss of our individual privay in and of itself just doesn't seem like a poses much of a threat, so to speak.

top topics

join