It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger asks for $4.4B tax hike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Schwarzenegger asks for $4.4B tax hike

www.usatoday.com

SACRAMENTO (AP) — Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Thursday proposed $4.4 billion in new taxes and a similar amount in spending cuts to deal with California's worsening fiscal crisis, saying, "We must stop the bleeding."
Much of the new revenue would come from a 1.5-percentage-point increase in the sales tax; the Republican governor described the hike as temporary but did not say how long it would last.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Where have we heard this before? It seems that our 'conservative' govenor of CA is going to pull a very unconservative move. Yes, CA is floundering. So are many other states and big cities.

I'm worried that indeed the dollar and American money system is dying. Okay, many would say it is already dead and died in 1913 but for now I'm simply talking present day. November 15th is indeed going to be an interesting day to see if this world currency comes into existence.

Freedom and America is dead. Long live Freedom and America! (Okay, a bit pessimistic there but, as with this past election, the writing is ALL OVER the wall.)

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I can not understand why so many people live in CA? From the illegals, to incredibly restrictive laws, a huge government, and more and more taxes.

Is the beach really that great?

Also, expect to see this at a state near you. With everything costing more, and more of the people "entitled" to more and more, states are going to either need to cut spending or take more. We know which way that works.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
My thinking is the tax rate in California will probably hit 12%,this is just a tip of the iceberg,they need to get rid of the tree hugger laws and all the goodwill programs,were broke,and also a new property tax law is no doubt in the near future

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I like the guy personally but he does give conservatives a bad name. He needs to cut out all the gross waste and all the useless regulation. CA is such a mess and throwing money at it is NOT the problem.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"they" always say temporary but it never is..good luck CA.

Never been to CA but East coast beaches are nice.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Long live the King! is what that sounds like

Ya, well, don't get too worked up just yet is my plan. I don't really care because frankly we don't take care of our country and that is what destroyed us.

Hands to toil and wield the sword, eh lads? Mother England never died either, we just left. So, pretend like the world started over yesterday - will you let this happen again? I don't mean the "current state of affairs" so much as don't get bogged down with the worry that other people are displaying, right?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Does he still have the Hummers??? Maybe he needs that tax hike to pay for his own fuel?

Just a thought. CA was always a nice place to visit but with how high the living expense has been, I'd never want to live there. I'll stay in the mountains on the East Coast.

A_L

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Move over dollar... make why for Amero, we all know this is were it's heading, this is what the whole farce has been about, the dollar is scheduled to become so weak you will have no choice but to supersede it.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
He is not the first governor that is looking into financial help for their states, but rather than beg to the federal government for help he is right out looking for revenue in the state.

As our Government keeps wasting money into bailing out global elites so the money is drying out, yes tax payer money.

So the states will have not choice but to compensate the lack of federal funding with local taxes.

After all is about time that the States reverse back to the Republic.

Sates were mean to be self sufficient until the Federal government came to be and decided to start double taxing citizens.

What you rather support your local government or the private entity of the federal government

[edit on 6-11-2008 by marg6043]

join