It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video editor software needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
can anyone recommend a free program that i can edit youtube videos or others.

i would like to try and make a video using pieces and parts of other vids. and photo's.

i looked on download.com but not sure wich is the correct thing i am looking for so i thought i would ask for help

[edit on 6-11-2008 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I typed in "open source video editor," and "open source video editor youtube" on dogpile.com and got these. I haven't tried any of them. Make sure to scan any of the files for viruses as a good habit. See if there is anything in there you can use.

Use the words "open source" in your searches if you are looking for free stuff.

www.moviemasher.com...
tv.isg.si.../873
en.wikipedia.org...
www.masternewmedia.org...
www.avs4you.com...

There is also something called Youtube remixer, from Youtube

www.masternewmedia.org...

Troy

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I use Windows Movie Maker. It came with Windows.

I made this video with it.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

thanks for the links and the advice on searching

i thought the utube remixer was going to be what i was looking for but from reading the article and clicking on the link to the editor it seems that utube has discontinued it, bummer

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

thanks for your reply and nice video you made

i guess i am going to have to look at the movie maker program again but it did look overwhelming to someone that is just starting to experiment with this kinda stuff.

can you download utube video's on that program and edit them to be reposted on you tube ?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
i guess i am going to have to look at the movie maker program again but it did look overwhelming to someone that is just starting to experiment with this kinda stuff.

I wrote these instructions a while ago for someone. So, I'll just post them here:

Start >> All Programs >> Windows Movie Maker

Basically, just follow the instructions on the left side under “Movie Tasks”. (If you don’t see “Movie Tasks” Click the “Tasks” button in the menu bar. That’s a toggle button that shows and hides the “Movie Tasks” area.) Just move from top to bottom, using the functions you need.

!! Save your project early and often!! I have lost projects when it just froze for no reason.

On the left, under “Movie Tasks” choose either Import Video (see **below) or Import Pictures.

Repeat this step for Pictures until all your pictures are loaded in the Collections area in the center.

At the bottom, you’ll either see a Storyboard or a Timeline. There’s a toggle switch down there, too, that toggles between the two. It has to be in Storyboard mode to drag and place your pictures down there and in Timeline mode to add music to the pictures.

So do that. Drag and place your pictures in the order that you want them to appear.

**For a video [instead of still pictures], just import and drag the video into the first block on the storyboard and follow the other instructions. You can only load one video clip at a time, so if you're doing a series of video clips, you have to import the video, add it to the timeline and then import the next one.

You can then add Video Effects (from the “Movie Tasks” area) by selecting “View Video Effects” and clicking and dragging them onto the pictures you wish to effect. Keep in mind that Video Effects change the look of your pictures and the length of the overall video.

Then add Video Transitions in the same way between the pictures. Video Transitions are the way the pictures change from one to the next.

(I do all the video effects and transitions BEFORE I import the audio because the video effects change the length of the overall video and I like to match the audio length with the video length if I can.)

Then click “Import Audio” to browse on your computer and find the music. It is then added to your Collections area. You can click and drag that to the bottom, too, but the bottom will switch to Timeline mode. It has to be in Timeline mode to add your music.

To “mute” your original audio from the movie (so you hear only the imported music), select and slide the slider all the way over to “Audio/Music”.

Then click “Make Title or Credits” to title your movie, add credits at the end or make comments throughout the movie.

You can click and drag the individual pictures in timeline mode to make them longer or shorter.

Once you have your movie and watched the completed project in the viewer screen on the right, click “Save to my Computer” in the “Movie Tasks” area.

I messed around quite a bit, had to add and subtract pictures to get it the right length for the music and all, but that’s how we learn.

Good Luck!

can you download utube video's on that program and edit them to be reposted on you tube ?

I have never downloaded from YouTube, but if you can get in on your computer, you can load it into moviemaker from there.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
here is what i use to encode every format known to man almost..and its free open source.

www.erightsoft.com...
Current version SUPER © v2008.build.33 (Sep 2, 2008)

SUPER © IS UNIVERSAL as it supports a wide variety of input/source file format to play or encode (to & from) without any additional third party software. Supported input source file formats are: - Image Sequence: jpg, pgm, png, ppm (with sequentially numbered-ONLY filenames) having the same filename numbered-ONLY format. Example: 0001.jpg --up to--> 0999.jpg note that this format will NOT work name_0001.jpg --up to--> name_0999.jpg (take out name_) - Video format: 3gp/3g2(Nokia,Siemens,Sony,Ericsson), amv, asf, avi(DivX,H263,H263+,H264,XviD,MPEG4,MSmpeg4...), dat, drv-ms fli, flc, flv, m2ts, mkv, mpg(MPEG-I,MPEG-II,VCD,SVCD), mov(H263,H264,MPEG4,SVQ..), mp4(H263,H264,MPEG4..), nsv, ogg, qt, rm, ram, rmvb, str(Old Play Station), swf(Flash), ts(HDTV), tmf, ty+, viv, vob, wmv - Audio format: aac, ac3, amr, mmf, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpc, ogg, ra, wav, wma

this not all either..just to many to put in window...its the best for free open source you can get
It's what i use to convert dvd's to divx ...
and youtube video to divx ..

i am a divx nutjob lol

[edit on 11-11-2008 by beforetime]

[edit on 11-11-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

thanks for your help

i have been experimenting with this for a couple days and i am starting to understand it a little better and i now realize that the MM program is not that complicated really.

thanks for the posting the help instructions as i will use them to reference from when working with the program

[edit on 12-11-2008 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

thanks for that link

looks like that is a good program to convert to different formats and i will check it out

i use to like watching Divx but when stage six went down it seemed really slow at downloading.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I use Avidemux for all my video needs (they are not that much), it can play almost any format and has some advantages over SUPER (which I also use), like the possibility of applying filters, resizing, change frame rate, etc.

It's free and available here, for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

thanks ArMap

that might be what i am looking for, will have to try it out i guess to see.

question though, can you grab video from any player with that ?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

As far as I know, it can not grab video from other players, and the only videos I had need to use were YouTube videos, which I download with Free Download Manager, who has an option to download Flash videos from some known sites.

new topics

top topics

join