It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Cigarettes - Beat the No-Smoking Bans!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have one on order. I chose the cheaper version, I figure if the cheap version is good, then I will upgrade to the same one sanityslastday orderd. I can not wait until it comes in and I can post my review!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by eric9721
I have one on order. I chose the cheaper version, I figure if the cheap version is good, then I will upgrade to the same one sanityslastday orderd. I can not wait until it comes in and I can post my review!

Thats awesome, man! Let me know how that works out for you. I am sure people here would be interested to see how other types fare against the DSE901 I ordered from puresmoker.com

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanitys Last Day

Well I gotta say if you are going to take those non-smokes out and about and not-smoke them then you had better take something with you to show people that they are non-smokes. It's not going to change the looks you get, I betcha.

Good luck though!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

Well I gotta say if you are going to take those non-smokes out and about and not-smoke them then you had better take something with you to show people that they are non-smokes. It's not going to change the looks you get, I betcha.

Good luck though!

Well, the one I ordered is glossy black with a blue LED tip. They wont be confusing this one with a real cigarette. At least I hope not. I hear about people with the cigarette looking ones that have a green LED tip, and people are asking how they got the cig to burn green like that, haha.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I don't think it will be a problem, because you're breathing it in, and I do smoke. Also the patch was a bit hard for me. I went off it too soon, because I couldn't put a full one on without getting the pre-stroke symptoms, but could cut a sliver off. But due to that, I was a bit worried. I took notes while doing it and notice exactly 60 hours of hell happened whenever I dropped the level of nicotine. So I bravely kept this up and got off the patch in about 3 weeks. It 2 months before I started smoking again, but these intense panic attacks, where I couldn't breathe and felt like I was hyperventilating happened from the time I was on less than stage 2, but intensely after I threw the patch away for over a month until I cried uncle and gave up. It was so freaky. I went online about it, because my mother had quit and she was horrified at what was happening with me. I found out its quite common, and the panic attacks could happen up to 6 months. That those who did have those symptoms rarely quit smoking. I was planning on working up the courage to use the patch again and hoping to cut it down very slowly on keep it on for 6 months, though doctors hate things like that, but only when it was down to less than half, or a cut down stage 2. I think I will talk to the doctor about it first. Because even if its safer than smoking, you don't want too much nicotine at a time or it can be game over.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Lol. You should get one that looks like a firecracker.

I have never smoked, personally, and never will but I have been addicted to cig smoke since I was ten. I grew up in a house with people smoking all the time and worked for dad and the shop was just worse. Things have changed now though.

I used to get ancy when I was a school and a lunch Id go hang out with the kids who smoked - it was just as bad but I couldn't do anything about it.

Are you gonna try and quit? Not judging, I know how hard it is to do.

[edit on 11/7/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Yes, please talk to a doctor first! You are right, though, you are smoking it instead of absorbing it like patches and other things. I think its easier to control your intake that way. If you do decide to give this a shot make sure you go to a good, reliable supplier like puresmoker.com My order was shipped 2-3 day shipping the SAME DAY I ordered. I also hear this guy, Steve, who runs the place is awesome to work with. He has responded to my emails in an extremely timely fashion. I only keep mentioning this place because like the guy earlier in the thread said his e-cig didnt work that well for him, and I would hate to have someone order something from a site that is going to send them junk at a high cost.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Sanitys Last Day]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Whats next marijuana flavor..
.......I can see it now, red bud flavor,Columbia gold, tie stick...You name it....lol.....

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111
Whats next marijuana flavor..
.......I can see it now, red bud flavor,Columbia gold, tie stick...You name it....lol.....

Haha. I would not at all be surprised if that is something that is developed. The applications for this are so open it isn't even funny. I mean, add something that whitens your teeth, or something that gets rid of halitosis or heartburn. Man...I am in the wrong business!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Very cool. Truly amazing. I remember when a somewhat similar non-smoking cigarette was advertised a couple of years ago, and one of the drawbacks was that there was NO smoke so that had a psychological effect on the smokers.

Though the fact these DO have the user exhaling visible smoke worries me. I am sorry I just cannot even imagine people not complaining about it in restaurants and airports. They see it, they are going to complain. They are going to say "I don't care what you are exhaling, it looks like smoke and I don't want to breath it".

Odd that the website does not explain what the vapor is that the users are exhaling.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I read about these a while back, as I recall you DO actually inhale some smoke, though it is minimal.

I find it hard to beleive if there is ANY smoke involved, any at all, that it will be allowed in restaurants and other non-smoking areas.

Is it really so minimal that there are no objections? No odor? No visible smoke?

Oh, there is definitely a visible "vapor" however I understand that it dissipates pretty quickly. People have reported very light smells, but that is usually the smell of whatever flavor (ie vanilla, cherry) you are smoking.

Also, there are many many successful reports of people being able to smoke these in non smoking environments. There have been a few reports of restaurant owners not allowing it, but by and large the reports are pretty darn positive. Some of the successful places include hospitals, London's tube stations, airplanes!, and many others. Like I said, though, it depends on who runs the place to give the okay.

You can check out public usage reports at:
The E-Cigarette in Public

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanitys Last Day
Oh, there is definitely a visible "vapor" however I understand that it dissipates pretty quickly. People have reported very light smells, but that is usually the smell of whatever flavor (ie vanilla, cherry) you are smoking.

This is sooo cool. Thank you so much for sharing! Heck even if there is a "visible" vapor if they don't reek of smoke they are great for lots of places. I definitely plan to try them!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanitys Last Day

This is sooo cool. Thank you so much for sharing! Heck even if there is a "visible" vapor if they don't reek of smoke they are great for lots of places. I definitely plan to try them!

I am glad you are as excited about these as I am. Like I said previously in the thread...I have ordered one, and it should be here tomorrow or Monday. After giving it a fair whirl I will be posting with my thoughts about the whole experience. I will also let you know what others smell when you use it around people. I am hoping my boss clears it for the office, but I won't be holding my breath on that one.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is really cool. I would like to try them out. Wouldn't that be awesome if we could smoke in work? I mean we wouldn't even need to take a break. We could get more work done this way, so I think bosses should allow it!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Apparently one company, but I forgot so I don't have the web address handy, said there was only 4 ingredients in theirs. Water, nicotine, a smoke flavoring, and something that had a scarier name that was "safe" according to government standards (and we know how they suck) but was commonly put in food colorings and liquid makeups to make them stay moist. That made me wonder if they all have precisely the same ingredients, and, if that additive is really safe. Because what's in tobacco is very damaging, all those extra chemicals, to every organ in the body. So surely this one couldn't be anywhere near as bad as all of the ones in tobacco. None of the ingredients is a known carcinogen.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

That other "thing" is probably PG, or propylene glycol. I think that is how its spelled. PG is commonly used in MANY things including food and makeup. It apparently helps things travel in the vapor that is created.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It may be "your" body, but second-hand smoke has been known to cause similar (lesser) side-effects. So you are harming others as well as yourself when you smoke. I think it is perfectly fine that they are banning smoking from public places.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
After a little research I found this.

litecigusa.com...

It has nothing but good reviews, and is much cheaper than the product in the OP. I might just order one.

I'd never get used to smoking indoors. I can imagine myself still going outside to smoke, even if I knew I didn't have to. Creatures of habit I guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
That made me wonder if they all have precisely the same ingredients, and, if that additive is really safe.

Oh I am sure pretty soon there will be counterfeit cartridges made in china that have all kinds of junk in them, and then just like online drugs people will be all paranoid and afraid to buy online. If there is a buck to be made China will soon be involved.

Hopefully these will go mainstream fast and be found in lots of local stores too.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Though the fact these DO have the user exhaling visible smoke worries me. I am sorry I just cannot even imagine people not complaining about it in restaurants and airports. They see it, they are going to complain. They are going to say "I don't care what you are exhaling, it looks like smoke and I don't want to breath it".

Apparently one of my friend's mom saw someone using one of these in a salon the other day, when she was getting her haircut. She said that nobody was bothered by it, except for a single lady that started force-coughing and making a big deal about her asthma... which would have been ridiculous, since there is no smoke.

I think that goes to illustrate what you were getting at. Some people will just see a cloud of vapor, and not care what the hell you call it, they will just bitch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join