It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's Foibles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is something that really irritates me about the political process. A candidate should not have to be tutored on things like American Policy and simple geography if they are running for the Vice President of the USA.

I even heard Bill O'reilly say, "Couldn't she be tutored?"

Is this not a complete surrender that the GOP not only lacks myopia, but that their VP choice was a tactic rather than a good choice?

I know she lost, but they are already talking about her revamping the GOP. Based on what? Please inform me...

AAC

[edit on 6-11-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The election is over.

Why are you still talking about Palin? If she is stupid enough to try running in 2012, you can start bashing her then.

But for the time being, isn't it enough?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

No. Because this information was held from the public VOTERS until after the election. If you like having information withheld about your candidate, then fine. But I don't.

AAC

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
To be fair, almost every Presidential candidate goes through a pretty massive amount of homework, learning the various stances on polices and what not. The same applies to international relations.....quickly, what is our policy in regards to Chad in Africa? What about our trade polices with Bolivia? Are we implementing sanctions against Thailand, if so, why? Are we for or against India being part of the G8? Hardly anyone would know all the answers that can be posed to candidates nowadays. This especially applies to non Senators. Senators at least get exposed to a lot more of this stuff and they have staffs and resources for them to research their positions. To expect every candidate to be fully briefed on everything day one of their campaign is not being fair.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Is Africa a country or continent?

What countries are in NAFTA?

You think an American VP Candidate shouldn't have to know this?

AAC

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Interesting. A FOX news clip that I agree with...

It's too bad this didn't come out during the election. The people really should know these kinds of things before they vote for someone. Her interview questions were fair. (What do you read?) Not knowing about Africa and NAFTA are inexcusable for a VP candidate.

The GOP is divided right now. There's the Neocon/Palin/evangelicals and then the true conservatives. I hope the true conservatives can take control of their party again because people like Palin are just going to continue to ruin their reputation. If she runs in 2012, I bet it won't be on the Republican ticket. I hope they have their ideals straightened out by then.

The choice of Palin absolutely was a tactic. I'm not sure anybody knew or cared what was in her head. It was the whole Pretty, Young, Outsider, Maverick and Moose-hunter image that they wanted to USE to get votes. I don't suppose it would help to say that I've been saying that from the MOMENT they chose her...

I wonder who actually chose her... I don't think John McCain did.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't think we'll have to worry about Palin running again in 2012.

Although the Republican party has shown itself recently to be nothing but a bunch of democrat wannabe RINO's, so you never know.

I'm basically done with them anyway, they can keep their liberalized neocon garbage and choke on it (as a good friend once said)

Meanwhile, true Conservatives like myself are going to regroup and find someone who really does represent the values of America.

I'm looking at JC Watts.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'll go one further on this:

McCain, having proved his fortitude over the years, was hand-picked to be the 'faux' opposition to the already annointed Obama; pasting Palin all over that ticket just made the process easier; of course she's a dorkmeiser... that's the point; she was chosen because of that -- not to get votes, but to repell more votes away from McCain, so the landslide victory would generate such support that the controlling elite could do whatever they want; and now, no one will dare criticize what those hiding behind Obama will do, for fear of being labelled a racist

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by volitionawareness
that's the point; she was chosen because of that -- not to get votes, but to repell more votes away from McCain,

According to a Recent Poll, 64% of Republicans want her in 2012. I think that might mess with your theory. She's FAR ahead of the next competitor (Mike Huckabee) at 12%.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
polls don't mean a damn thing; they're scripted like everthing else, to present the illusion of parity and diversity; even if that poll did represent something approximate today, you'll see those numbers crumble slowly as the country slowly forgets about her; poor little Palin was trotted out and used for a purpose; they're done with her now, and the smearing of her going on in the post-election MSM proves that

Palin 2012... give me a break...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
At least she wasn't asked to name the African Ambassador!

I really enjoy the reporters quizzing the politicians for names of people in charge from little known lands just to get that "gotcha" moment.

new topics

top topics

join