It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb hits Pakistan tribal elders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Bomb hits Pakistan tribal elders

news.bbc.co.uk

A bomb has killed at least nine people and wounded nearly 40 at a gathering of tribal elders in the Pakistani tribal area of Bajaur, hospital staff say.

The bomb went off when the tribal elders were gathering to draw up a plan to drive militants out of their area as part of a government anti-Taleban plan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm really not surprised by this news at all. And just after the elections. There's been rumours lately of a coming international crisis that will test the new American President.

I think this will be Pakistan. Not Iran. Not Iraq. Not Afghanistan - though it will play a major role leader up to the intervention.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
For more on reasons why I think Pakistan will be next on the agenda for International intervention please refer to this previously posted thread:

2009 International Crisis: One Man's Theory

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
In my opinion, the title of this post is misleading-even if fully unintentional.

By saying the tribal leaders were hit by a bomb, it implies it was dropped from a plane or was a missile/rocket itself.

Reading the link posted, it said the bomb was remote detonated-implying it was placed somewhere and not moved.

It also implies it was Taliban/AL.Q, and NOT the US.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
CNN says "An airstrike killed 15 militants in northwestern Pakistan, while two rockets landed near the region's main airport"

So what is this about a bomb?

Man... this is getting bad... we are basically at war with Pakistan (a country with nukes)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Doom,

It seems to me that we are looking at two different events that occured near each other.

It seems, by reports, that the tribal meeting was bombed by taliban and company.

I would strongly suspect the airstrike is US,

HOWEVER!!!!!

I have read at least one report that says the air attacks may have actually been Pak. Airforce. (Now looking for news article, not finding now....hmmmmm)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
In my opinion, the title of this post is misleading-even if fully unintentional.

My sentiments exactly.

When I first read the headline on BBC, I thought, "Oh, boy - we're in for it now." But, after reading the story I was surprise to find out it was the radicals in that region that bombed in an attempt to scare the people of these tribal regions from participating with the U.S. (or international forces).

I think the assumptions here are dead on.

As I stated in the thread I referenced above:
Pakistan is a propped up government that holds nuclear armament. Their President, Asif Ali Zardari and his current administration is in a very fragile state. The president was a practically unknown person in political terms and was elected on the premise that he was Benazir Bhutto's husband, who was expected to win the coming election but was assassinated. The country had previous been ruled by a U.S. propped Military Dictator. Now when U.S. incursions take place crossing the Afghan-Pakistani border it's forcing Zardari to denounce these U.S. incursions, yet the forces are only seeking out those that killed Bhutto. Zardari is fearful that his administration will be toppled if too much cooperation occurs with the U.S. on Pakistani soil. Then, we have nukes in the hands of the regime that seizes control if a coup were to occur.

Mark my word: Pakistan is the coming international crisis.

top topics

join