It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw a UFO, no pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Here is a copy of a UFO report I just made to www.ufor.asn.au... ....

4 of us watched an object cross they sky.
It, although hard to tell at night, looked to be about 8000ft high.

It was too large to be a satellite or shooting star.
When it moved it seemed to ever so slightly modify it's speed and it also curved slightly as it travelled as to not take a straight or constant path.

It took about 20-25 sec to get from one side to the other. It came from behind a building and flew over a park.

It moved from South to North.

As it was getting further away it got steadily dimmer untill it faded to a red lght with 2 faint blue one's either side.

the lights then went out.
It was not as if it got too far to see, the lights just seemed to dimm out.

The object made no sound.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I should also say it was in Armidale NSW Australia.

6-11-08, 8:40pm, clear sky, 1/4 moon, Night.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
no camera/phone camera between the four of you.??? Just wondering...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

No sorry,
We had just finished training and one of the guy's is a friend who I regulary have all sorts of chats about ufo's and stuff with, and it was pretty matter of fact, but the 2 other guy's are a bit more grounded than us and were really puzzled and quite put off by it.

They'll probably be up all night thinking abou it, ha.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
afaik just like the name

A fake

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ian990003100
afaik just like the name

A fake

you would think that a guy with 5000 odd ATS points would care to read someone's signature before putting their foot in it like that.

Words sometimes have different meanings to acronyms my friend.

The purpose of posting this is more for the record type reasons, after all how could I expect the ATS crew to take it as anything more than this without a difinitive photo or video?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Nice man I have had a couple of sightings down in south australia One quite a few years ago wich seems to pretty much match your sighting. The light I seen also traveled from one side of the sky to the other (mates of mine across town actually seen the thing come over the mountains) But yeah it was a bright light with a triangle of red lights type thing. Good to see you got to see it with some sceptics it always tends to instantly change there mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

this is so cool, it seems since the October 14th hoax, more people are starting to see UFO's then before. Everytime I bring my dog outside at night, I look in the skies, but unfortunately all I see are stars. maybe my turn will come again!?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

I saw something similar from Langwarrin (VIC) at the same time. It appeared to be traveling from east to west by my reckoning. Where I live, it's an open sky so I got to view it for at least 2 minutes. I just thought it was a satellite... probably the ISS... but admittedly, it looked a little smaller... but the flight path was the same.

An airplane from Moorabbin flying north to s/se nearly intersected with it from a viewers standpoint albeit much, much lower in the sky.

IRM

[edit on 6/11/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRobarto
Good to see you got to see it with some sceptics it always tends to instantly change there mind.

I have had a few "sightings" in the past.

This one was probably amongst one of the best personally, because of the other 2 people there.

It will be good to talk to them in a few day's to see how they interpret it.

Here is a copy of a report I made a while ago which can be found here...

www.uforq.asn.au...

Armidale, late April 2008, 5.30pm
Last December I sent an email describing an object a friend and myself witnessed in my back yard. I have seen it again. About two weeks ago I was at the local sporting oval flying kites with my two kids and wife. It was about 5:30 and it was starting to get dark. I looked up at about a 60 degree angle to the west and saw a bright light. I initially thought it was a helicopter with its spotlight on but after ten seconds or so it was apparent that was not what it was. The object looked the same, and for all I know could have been the same object I described in my last report (December 2007). What is interesting is the difference in perception of this object.

In the first report I described how what I saw (a spherical type intense light which faded or drained out) and what my friend saw (more a cylindrical shape with protruding "wings") were different. This time, upon discussing the event later, my wife described the same type of object that my friend saw but, as before, I saw it differently, more like a spherical object glowing with the intensity of a "mini sun."

When I saw the object I ran back to the car to get my camera. It had disappeared by the time I powered on the camera but I took some pics of the area it was last. I got one picture with a fuzzy orb type object in it. When it disappeared it was funny. It was like when you look straight at a star and you can't see it but when you look to the side you can. When all the brightness drained out of the object it was like I could still sort of see it there, or where it was, if I looked slightly to the side. It was almost like a bubble that a kid would blow from their detergent and water mix.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by afaik

I saw something similar from Langwarrin (VIC) at the same time. It appeared to be traveling from east to west by my reckoning. Where I live, it's an open sky so I got to view it for at least 2 minutes. I just thought it was a satellite... probably the ISS... but admittedly, it looked a little smaller... but the flight path was the same.

An airplane from Moorabbin flying north to s/se nearly intersected with it from a viewers standpoint albeit much, much lower in the sky.

IRM

Sorry dude,
I am in Armidale NSW, not Armadale VIC.

Yours is a different.

This was like a really white constant light.
At first I thought it was a helicopter, but the light didn't change, only the, or our (dare I say) perseption of it's speed and direction.

I spotted it first, then pointed it out to the guy;s after about 5 sec as I noticed it deviating from it;s path, it thentook about another 5 sec for the guys to notice this and after a few more secs it started to fade out and turn from a very white light to a much smaller red sphere/light with 2 smaller blue lights on either side.

I could only see the blue lights just before it faded out for about 2-3 sec.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by afaik]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I am personally beginning to believe that these new UFO sighting are probably more to do with man....they must have some extremely intelligent and versatile machines/satellites that may be just gathering data of some kind......It would be nice to believe that extra dimensional beings are visiting us but I think its more close to home......dont have proof, evidence, just a belief....

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda
I am personally beginning to believe that these new UFO sighting are probably more to do with man

A friend and I have discussed this possibility at length.

Having said this, if these are man made, they are a hell of a way more advanced than we as general civillians understand.

We tend to juggle this theory and the extra dimensional one around a bit.
And by "extradimensional" I am not necessarily talking extraterrestial.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

thats the thing....I think we a being fooled into believing something that shouldnt exist.....so we start thinking they are from space etc...I live in the UK and when UFO stories started getting published in the Sun newspaper (which is a real dumbass paper) it got me thinking.... I do believe that we have been visited by Extra Terrestrials but the more recent showing make me think something else is going on.... But I hope what you saw was real because that would be something amazing....

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

True, it seems the media is reporting more on UFO's lately, partly consequence of the files released by UK, France etc recently.

Whether there is something more to it, I do not know.

Also, the times I have seen objects in the sky that I, or others present, could not identify, it hasn;t really stuck me as something amazing, so to speak.

Maybe I haven't had a really amazing one yet

You seem to be more interested and curious than fearfull when it happens.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

Yeah, I know were are in different states. As I mentioned, I said I saw something similar, and yep it was a constant light that followed the curvature of the earth, just like yours but I hazard a guess that both were satellites!

IRM

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by afaik

youve must have heard of all the staged alien invasion talk thats been going in here and everywhere else....that is probably something to fear...but real alien invasion...no...that would have happened a long time ago....

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Sorry InfaRedMan,
I have misread/understood.

I probably should have made clear the one we saw both sped up and slowed down as well as changed it hororizontally perceived curve both directions, both curved towards and away from us as it passed over.

This is what was strange and they guy's got stunned with.

[edit for typo's]

[edit on 6-11-2008 by afaik]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Yeah sure,
Funny how thought forms cumilate at times

Much like how a hurricane builds.

Also I agree, I reckon if there are Aliens in UFO's and they did want us dead, we would already be.
Unless there were bigger and badder Aliens who wanted us alive.....

Note: In no way am I presuming what we saw tonight was Alien in the way we know it. It was pretty damn wierd though.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Although you say it was "too big" to be a meteor, meteors don't have any "upper-size limit" (or rather "upper-brightness limit"), and it sounds to me like you may well be ruling out a meteor for the wrong reasons.

I'm just in the process of editing a new sticky for the forum that is a guide to meteor identification which you might want to have a look at. Here's the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit to add - It's can be hard to tell if the direction/speed was constant, meteors and other celestial objects can easily play tricks on the eyes. A fast satellite is also a possibility, and these can often appear to speed up/slow down and even wiggle from side to side. Meteors can also appear to act like this, and telling a slow meteor apart from a fast satellite can be very hard, even for experienced observers.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

top topics

join