It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO fires red beam vid Bristol UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

New UFO fires red beam vid Bristol UK

www.thesun.co.uk

A RED beam of light shoots to the ground from what is believed to be a UFO.

The Sun was yesterday handed dramatic footage of the mysterious craft hovering over Bristol.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
new footage different from the supposed irish one, and before everyone starts blasting me because the source is from The Sun Newspaper, ive heard it all before, im only posting what i have found to give you lot something to talk about, so go easy on the comments please.
I dont know what to make of this would be better if there was some skyline to see so we could tell this thing is actually in the sky or not.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
you can see a car go past in one part so unless they live on a hill or a cliff side, and by looking at the map from the source its hardly likely this thing looks way too low to be anything in the sky

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Look for a new crop circle around the Bristol area in the next week.

I'm serious.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
theres a map of the location....

this video is one of the best I think ... mom and daughter...seems legit

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Interesting footage indeed. I give it a star BUT....

The Objects are just toooooo stationary in my honest opinion.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The red 'beam' looks remarkably straight, consistent, and fake. Not trying to attack anyone or anything.. But I think alot of other people would feel the same way looking at that "photo". Just my opinion.

-ChriS

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Those two didn't seem to excited when filming..

A red beam shoots down and they don't say anything.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't know. Very interesting to say the least. I'm not sure what to make of it. My only question is how come the light beam is always perfectly straight and is never in between 2 frames of footage (where one edge would be blurry as a result of that)? And then almost at the end of the footage the film stops and resumes. That's kind of weird considering it was taken by a cell phone. That would only happen if it was edited later.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
The red 'beam' looks remarkably straight, consistent, and fake. Not trying to attack anyone or anything.. But I think alot of other people would feel the same way looking at that "photo". Just my opinion.

-ChriS

yeah, I got that impression too

and it seems there are 2 footages .. because the daughter said, mom did u get it?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
I don't know. Very interesting to say the least. I'm not sure what to make of it. My only question is how come the light beam is always perfectly straight and is never in between 2 frames of footage (where one edge would be blurry as a result of that)? And then almost at the end of the footage the film stops and resumes. That's kind of weird considering it was taken by a cell phone. That would only happen if it was edited later.

maybe some beams were between frames...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In my opinion, this is totally fake! The screenshot has fake written all over it, it's just so poorly made I don't know where to begin
I hate everytime people fake a ufo and claim it's the real deal. It really hurts the UFO scene!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The camera is not being held steady, and is rotating around the axis between it and the UFO. Yet the beam is perfectly, 100% aligned to the camera's Y axis for every single flash. That doesn't happen. Also, lasers need to illuminate something before you can see the beam. Be it cloud, dust, or something else translucent (to see it in transit). If it was being shone through the atmosphere (as is claimed), then judging by the video, the cloud/fog/dust/whatever it is being shone through is perfectly homogenous - again, something that won't happen.

Fake. Fakey. Faketastic.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I've seen very similar in England Dave. We call it the 'Lighthouse Type' and it's like a red beam of light that changes focus on things and then can lock on the witness. Often followed by many ufo orbs later. Possibly real possibly fake this vid, these things do exist in reality.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just look at the source and you'll know its one of many fake stories that anyone who reads the sun would be too stupid to figure out. That or the editor is gullible as hell.

All of the Sun's UFO articles are incredibly obvious hoaxes 99% of the time.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

But this 'beam' is going from the UFO to the ground, not to the witness - if it was to the witness, it would be a dot.

This is either a hoax or a misidentified camera glitch, possibly due to poor optics or a dodgy CCD.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ohhh I just commented on this on another thread (cant do a link yet - am an ATS novice) but I only saw it in the newspaper, not the footage on line. Seeing the stills I thought it looked a bit photoshopped, well, not even photoshopped but MS paint! lol. Espesh since the text said the beams were only visible to the naked eye, I pressumed they'd done a mock up. Watching it now online, it seems even more dubious, it looks like space invaders! But those 2 gals don't look capable of such a deception! It's very odd, I must say. And the Sun editor as gone UFO crazy!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

But this 'beam' is going from the UFO to the ground, not to the witness - if it was to the witness, it would be a dot.

This is either a hoax or a misidentified camera glitch, possibly due to poor optics or a dodgy CCD.
I'm leaning more towards dodgy CCD electronics.

There's every possibility that a flaw in the CCD could cause this effect if the electron displacement is misread by the control circuit.

The fact that it was noted that the beam always maintains a parallel w/ the Y-axis of the camera was the key: in between frames the beam remains a constant angle, whereas the lights themselves move slightly off-axis between frames.

I don't think it's necessary for a frame-by-frame breakdown, but if there's enough hubub over this I guess I could work one up.

CCDs are the worst thing to happen to UFOlogy.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Sun should have gone and checked the ground before tying off the article. I'm no electronics expert, but as someone above me has already mentioned:

In daylight yesterday, Shellie and Betty pinpointed the lights as being close to a radio mast on Dundry Hill.

Is something that should be noted.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Mmmm

I am not too sure if we can say "lasers" behave like that so this is fact, how do we know if its a Laser?

Any higher intelligence has obviously broken our known understanding of Physics by breaking E=MC2 otherwise they would all be pensioners before they got here!

So firstly we have to not transpose our technical understandings onto any "supposed" alien technology, that is pretty ignorant, and just debunking with very poor science.

If I went back to just Victorian Times with a modern White Board Laser Projector they would say its impossible and Magic or trickery so that is not an valid debunk any type.

The X and Y axis thing?

WTF it does not matter what angle the camera is filmed on against the Vertical direction of the beam, the only thing that seems to change is the actual camera angle on the horizontal, I really don't see what you are trying to say at a;;, the video shows nothing as you describe, the only angle change is the camera and how its held, how would that change the light observed, except in relation to the parameters of the lens edges on the film?

Now its posted in the Sun, the sun is known for not the best journalism in the past, making up celebrity stories or whatever, BUT THE SUN did NOT MAKE THIS VIDEO, so that's like saying we should ignore all UFO stuff posted on ATS... The providence of the footage has nothing to do with who the makers sent it to.

If they sent it to the Guardian or the Times would they put it on their site?

Would they give them the money for it?

Are they as popular in current pop culture as the sun, no that's got no nearing or debunks this in any way at all.

So down to the video, its taken in a place not far from Bristol Airport and also where most of the crop circles are in the UK, and historically in this area there have been sightings for hundreds and hundreds of years, its one of the most busy sightings areas in the UK by far.

Also now this is unknown as mentioned the sun made it but they do report other witnesses who have been seeing lights there for the last 2 weeks.

Also some people above post wrong and as is becoming the norm on ATS and is really really getting on my nerves, people debunk without reading the OP source or watching the Video. The light beams were not visible in the filming only when played back.

Also it does appear at one point to have an Triangle Shape before one of the points of White Lights disappears.

This has not been debunked even in a slight way by any of the posters so far.

I am no film expert etc but I am keeping an open mind on this one as

No one who seems to have contributed so far has read the OP source properly, or thought about what they are posting.

Opinions as " I think its fake" mean nothing, I think I am the sexiest man in the world too... my friends lol.

The footage even though from a mobile has not been analysed yet.

There does appear to be a phenomena that is naked to the visible eye that shows on the video.

It is one of the most prolific areas for these sightings, and indeed not long ago a Airline Pilot observed his plane being followed by orbs coming into to land at Bristol Airport.

It appears there are witnesses who are separate to the Video Takers of such happenings in this area for a few weeks prior to this.

It is close to the most spiritual place in the UK and has Many crop circles and hundreds and if you take into account the Real Merlin of Celtic History and the Druidic authors before him maybe even thousands of years of similar events.

an elf awaiting a Debunker who knows what he is doing?

Mike Singh where are you?

Kind regards,

Open minded until the validity of other witnesses is proved and film looked at properly.

Elf

[edit on 6-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join