It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Advice for President Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have a feeling with a new president that we can start anew. I feel a coming of a change in the Paradigm. I have some advice that I think our country needs to go:

Education-In most industrialized nations, education is considered important. Not here in America. The education system has plagued America and led to its demise. What needs to happen is this:

-More Local Funding
-As in giving more care to the system and creating new jobs
-Extend the school year and reform the systemto meet 21st century needs.
-Ban the No Child Left Behind, because DENYING funding is not going to solve anything
-Limit standardized tests to once per year and shift focus from TESTING to LEARNING

Energy-In the 21st century, fossil fuels will not work. At some point we are going to run out, and we can benefit our plant by not using them as much. How we can solve this is rather simple:

-Set requirements for local cities to encourage installation of solar panels and development of more consumer-efficient products
-Set up Gov't funding for research and development into Tidal and Wave power to harness it, and set a reasonable goal for using them
-Encourage rural areas to develop more wind farms
-Set up tax rebates and benefits for using and developing a 100% energy efficient car

Foregin Policy-Our Cold War strategy will not work in the Post-Cold War. The 21st century calls for diplomacy and debate, not war and injustice. That means stilling down with hostile leaders, and put it to them: "What do you want us to do in order to stop bothering us." Then put what we want down. Then compromise and be willing to accept differences and changes.

Technology-We cannot rely on 20th century technology's to work for us. We need to develop a trend to start building a bridge between these expensive, high-costing high-tech items into ordinary consumer items and move forward in energy efficiency and smarter systems for increased productivity.

Healthcare-This is a no-brainer for me. A Gov't which cannot heal its own people? Do not have 'Gov't subsidized care' or universal care. Have a system where if you are sick, you can walk into a hospital, and they will cure and help you. It needs to be paid for? Taxes and the allocation of funds from defense efforts into this, and the eventual development of a perfect system where nurses, doctors, and materials all are paid without taxing. Tariffs or whatever you need, this is a no-brainier.

Wars-Wars are useless in the 21st century. In the age where a population can be decimated in seconds, diplomacy is the answer. If the cannot agree--a blockade, and nothing else, no invasion. What happens in their country, they can deal with. If they cannot follow the rules, unmanned airstrikes and missiles will deal with them. Zero-Tolerance policies almost always do the trick

Movement into the 21st century-The 21st century is significantly different from the 20th. President Obama-you need to safely usher in this era into peace and prosperity.

Some advic

God Bless America

Truth_seeker3

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And here's some MORE advice. Do NOT ban firearms. If you're PRO-2nd Amendment as you say you are then prove it by not banning firearms!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Oh yup, that's another one I forgot, I am totally open to the second ammendent. I support NO GUN CONTROL whatsover... thats a longer story... but another point to add

Respecting the Constitution:

Our Constitution was meant to be our playbook. So far, it hasen't. Take my advice and follow the constitution like you follow the Bible, or not. Follow it to its fullest....

My advice,
truth_seeker3

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
did we say constitution good bye a long time ago?
i mean - patriot act and all that? or that doesn't count?
BHO will accomplish the set goals, similarly to GWB and other
3 character characters.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Education-

-Discipline in schools
-Make Teachers Teach (not send me a ton of homework to teach my child or they fail)
-Make Teachers Accountable or fire their asses
-Grades 1-6 Teach REAL subjects only (READING! Writing, Math, Science)
(Any kid that can't read and is going to Jr. High is a Crime!)
-Disband Teachers Union! (Had a Teacher busted for coc aine (twice) in my kids school last year and they are defending his sorry ass.

Energy-"In the 21st century, fossil fuels will not work." (This is not quite true, we have a 300 year supply of coal but are not allowed to mine it because our politicians are invested in overseas companies that export coal to us.. Yes, many of you may not know that but we actually import coal from Indonesia and other countries because we are forbidden to cut into our politicians profits! (also a 200-300 year supply of shale to oil conversion)

My Energy Plan - Turn New Mexico into an Algae Oil farm utilizing the Military Corps of Engineers and troops, volunteer prisoners (non vas workers on a rotational basis... great work for a peace time Army (better than burning fuel sitting around the motor pool 4 days a week just to give us something to do when we weren't deployed on exercises.) Build overland sea water pipelines to New Mexico and utilize solar mirrors for additional distillation of fresh water for human consumption. Algae oil would be 100% subsidized domestic use only until we have more than we use and then sell the rest on the open market with the funds going to the govt coffers. 20,000 gallons an acre a year and some say we could do up to 100k gallons per acre per year at a large scale operation.. and IT IS CARBON NEUTRAL for those concerned with global warming. A perfect solution and We CAN do it quite easily if we wanted to.

Foregin Policy-You can't bargain with Dictators and Fanatics.. History has proven that again and again so I have to disagree with you here. I say let Europe bear the burden if they wish but I would prefer to draw back our Military presence except for a few strategic air and naval bases. We have much better things to do with our Army.. Like take care of our own back yard, cargo containers and unsecure borders. If were needed, Air & Naval strength can pretty much take care of any organized military offensive.

Healthcare-Tough one, save that for another time. One thing I would implement is the "bounty program" 100 billion for cancer, or Aids, bet we have a cure quite quickly then.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by infolurker]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Here's some "helpful" advice given by one of my favorite comedians Mr. Eddie Murphy!
Link in case video doesn't work: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Question]

top topics

join