It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposition 8 opponents attempt to defy voters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
“This lawsuit is a brazen attempt to gut the democratic process,” said ADF Senior Counsel Glen Lavy. “The people of California have spoken yet again, but that doesn’t mean anything to radical groups that want to impose their will at all costs. Once again, they are attempting to use the courts to push their agenda since they can’t achieve it legitimately at the ballot box.”

Link to Article

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Crap. Hope I didn't post this in the wrong forum? Blah.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Good.

I wouldn't normally say that about an initiative that is voted on and passes by majority vote. But, this time I will.

Taking rights away from people or denying rights to people just because the majority has a different opinion is wrong. It is segregation and it "labels" homosexuals as second class citizens.....not as good as straight people, not equal to straight people, therefore not able to have the same rights as straight people.

People can have whatever opinion they want, but they shouldn't be able to force that opinion on others at the expense of the equal rights of a group of people they don't agree with.

[edit on 11/5/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It used to be right to have slaves, but public consent. It used to be right to prevent women from voting.
Just because the voters say something is right, is only right as relative to the population.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread ( posted on 5/11/08 @ 10:03 AM )

Prop 8 Passed. We take a step back.

-Thread Closed-

new topics

top topics

join