It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People believe Obama is the messiah

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
People dont actually think obama is the messiah. That is nonsense. They just like what he represents. He represents someone who, if he works his 4 years right, can bring a lot of people together and do many good things.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
People dont actually think obama is the messiah. That is nonsense. They just like what he represents. He represents someone who, if he works his 4 years right, can bring a lot of people together and do many good things.

how can anyone know the thoughts of others? I have met over five people in my town who truly believe that he is "Jesus". any association is blasphemous, be it in jest or truth.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by drsmooth23]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
well im not sure what town your living in... but anywhere ive lived thats definitely not the case. im in los angeles , one of the largest cities in america, and havent heard that once.

people like obama.. but they surely dont think hes the messiah.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Oh i think some believe he is a messiah, other people think he is the anti-christ so both extremes are represented. Balance is restored

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Obama is promising a lot of stuff and he's a politician! Where he to be the first ever to actually do all that without sacrifices... that will be just amazing

Time will only tell whether he's truly a good guy or he's just a wolf in sheep's cloth.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
if he was the messiah hed be a better basketball player

second line

link   

well im not sure what town your living in... but anywhere ive lived thats definitely not the case.

Wilson, NC, which is decidedly smaller than LA,
Ive heard both; he is Jesus and he is the "anti". I certainly hope he is neither, because i still have alot of stuff on my "bucket list"

your lucky, LA has distractions and attractions,

we have a walmart and churches. thats about it.

but they just built a new Hardees! which is the east coast version of 'Carl Jr's'

link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

how can anyone know the thoughts of others? I have met over five people in my town who truly believe that he is "Jesus". any association is blasphemous, be it in jest or truth.

seriously? that believe he is jesus? then why is his name barack?

do they pray to him and worship him?

c'mon

oh the over exaggerance

link   
reply to post by Harman

There you go. Nicely put!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

c'mon

oh the over exaggerance

Name and country of origin does not matter

I don't believe they pray for him, but worship... it's getting there. It's quite ridiculous, really.

I'm not a follower of him nor of McCain. I believe that SOME people who are for him are the ones who are taking it to the next level - exageration, yes.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

well im not sure what town your living in... but anywhere ive lived thats definitely not the case.

Ive heard both; he is Jesus and he is the "anti". I certainly hope he is neither, because i still have alot of stuff on my "bucket list"

but they just built a new Hardees! which is the east coast version of 'Carl Jr's'

Haha. Oh trust me i know how you feel. I lived in a tiny town very similar in pennsylvania. I actually live in nc too, high point to be exact. Never go there hah that place is not fun .

But yes I would like to hope obama is neither as well. I think people should just accept him as the president, and move on .

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

Scarily enough, yeah, a few people actually do.

a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. i guess the same can be said for dog crap. My point is that no man should be elevated. he is a person, like you and I.

when the end is nigh, i assure you, we will all know it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The simple explanation would be maybe because when surrounded by a cesspool of conniving vile souls the one that seem the less evil seems like the ultimate good.
There seem to be something messianic about Obama because he seems to avoid being just another bad statistic(for now at least). His imperfections and future mistakes will still make him a prey to inevitable crucifixion though.

Honestly I am not impressed with Obama , I find him as normal as can be and he’s gonna be just another president, but since he’s the first African-American president in a country where blacks were considered “mere things” just a couple of decades ago, the world makes a fuss about it. Seems like a giant leap but it’s still just minor progress in the whole scheme of things. Humanity still has a long way to go.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Read your bibles. We all know what happens to people/civilizations that worship false prophets.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

You're right, some do feel both ways. As to those who honestly feel he may be "the messiah", they're a minuscule minority.

In my experience, nine times outta ten whenever I've heard someone refer to Obama as "messiah" it's been a republican/conservative using the term in a derogatory manner. I'm not a very religious guy, but I can't help but wonder what Jesus would think of the term "messiah" being reduced to no more than a political slur.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Haha. Oh trust me i know how you feel. I lived in a tiny town very similar in pennsylvania. I actually live in nc too, high point to be exact. Never go there hah that place is not fun .

But yes I would like to hope obama is neither as well. I think people should just accept him as the president, and move on .

I helped paved 311 ... I have heard nobody declare him messiah or anti-christ ... He will be proven a liar before he is done though. Just as Bush had war in his eyes, Obama has deception in his ...

[edit on 3-12-2008 by ShawNee922]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xDove007

It just goes to show how desperate people are for something different in their lives that they have to resort to creating a God to fill that gap.

I do recall a passage in the Bible that says near the time of the end, people will begin to place fellow man to the level of a God..a false prophet and look upon him as a messiah.

Well...there you go. Prophecy being filled right down to the letter.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The OP reminds me of that scene in Monty Python's The Life of Brian:

"Only the Messiah would say he's not the Messiah!"

I can honestly see some of the hardcore Obama zealots adopting this line of reasoning, too.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
we will all bear witness to him.

The revolution will be televised, i have a dream and now mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
reply to post by xDove007

I believe people really do believe he is a messiah. Look at this blog site obamamessiah.blogspot.com...

I hope this is a spoof site or some kind of joke.

Well, if they think he is the Christ, the color is correct, isn't it? People who have pictures of Jesus hanging on their wall seem to forget that Christ was from the Middle East, and was a Black Man. Obama is not the Messiah, nor the Anti-Christ, he is but a man, nothing more, or less. I guess people see in him things they wish to see.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join