It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message For ATS - What The Future Holds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
First of all, I would like to extend my congratulations to Obama and all of his loyal supporters. I was not one of them, and I still feel that he was the wrong choice for America, but nevertheless, he was America's choice, and I will stand behind that.

Those of you who know me here at ATS, know full well where I stand politically, and how fiercely opposed I have been to an Obama Presidency. Having said that, I must concede that America has chosen this man in a fair and open election, and that I will support their decision.

To those of you who stood with me in support of John McCain or any other candidate, keep your heads up. I know this morning that things may seem bleak or discouraging, but let not your hearts be troubled. America is a truly great country, and together, we can overcome anything.

I'd urge you all to keep standing with me for what we believe in. Know that together, we will never allow Obama, or any other person in government to take this country in a direction that would harm or alter it. This is a country built on hope, and together we will keep that hope alive.

Until we have reason to believe otherwise, I ask that you stand up proudly as Americans and support our new President elect. We don't have to agree with him, and God knows we won't, but the fact remains that this man has been chosen to lead this country. I for one will give him my support until he does something to lose my trust.

A nation divided in anger will accomplish nothing, but if we can find a way to disagree respectfully and keep our voices heard, we can keep this country the great nation we all know and love.

Here's looking ahead to a bright future for America. No matter how hard we may have to fight and struggle to keep it that way.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Very well said that is about the most sensible thing I have read on the boards from someone who isnt a Obama supporter so you have my respect in that regard .
Myself I was quietly hoping McCain would get over the line out of national self interest . However I to am willing to give Obama a fair cracks even thou I have some doubts already . Although I'm to disappointed about the election result the prospect of a renewed focus on Afghanistan pleases me .

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Good post.

Honestly, something tells me that Obama may make a decent president. I think that a lot of it will depend on whether he is able to fight against the whims and fancies of the likes of Nancy Pelosi.

I mean, Obama already leans to the left, it will be interesting to see if he allows Pelosi to pull him over the edge. God,I hope not, but, we'll see.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Quote: "Know that together, we will never allow Obama, or any other person in government to take this country in a direction that would harm or alter it."

Like George Bush over the last 8 years??? Huh? Little late for that now man.....

top topics

join