It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the hypocrites of Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Obama and the hypocrites of Europe

www.--.com

Today America did something that it can be proud of. We cast aside hundreds of years of racist sentiment and voted for the first Africa-American president of our nation, in fact the first President of any western nation with significant African ancestry.
At this time it is probably worth looking at how other nations records stand in relation to giving minorities a voice in government and nowhere is better to start than Europe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-11-2008 by stewartw2]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This article might surpise some who are used to hearing the constant raving of Europeans on how racist Americans are. America did take a bold step into the future. Europeans are quick to accuse America of all sorts of things including racism but are clearly bigger on words than action and simply do not apply their own critique to their societies-this should be a real eye-opener and is a good article.

www.--.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
yeah, ever been to europe mate? how the heck do you know that europeans accuse the US of being racist?

most europeans accuse america of being run by a war mongering facist for the past 8 years, we're perfectly aware, in my experience, that racism is a human condition.

just on a point of interest, the person in the artical speaks about the african french population, are we talking about citizens or illegal emigrants?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

Get back to me when you have Muslims in government.

And a black president doesn't mean the US doesn't have a sizable number of racists. Racial tension is massively stronger in the US than in Europe. I've never heard a European talk about 'race relations', but it's all over the place in the US.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I have personally lived in Europe and hold an EU passport myself.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

thats nice - maybe in the town or village you live in they talk about racism in the USA - but where i live , they talk about the price of food , that its nice that petrol is under 95p a litre and will this years firework display be better than last years.

and maybe , just maybe that its great to have a President of the USA who won`t start WW3.

link   
reply to post by dave420

Obama is of Musim heritage-that is for certain-although not islamic himself his own father was born Muslim-other muslims are in the US govt anyway.
Obviously hit a raw nerve here. According to this article the most mulsims germany can have in its parliment is ten!

link   

Performace anxiety anyone?

I've lived in Europe for about five years now and I've never heard one person rave about those "Racist Americans"

Europeans are very happy that Obama has been elected because he recognizes that America as an ideal is more then just landmass.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

and you have been party to conversations in which europeans claimed that modern america was particularly racist?

if you don't mind my asking, how exactly did you manage to get your hands on an EU passport, considering the EU, as an institution, doesn't issue passports, to the best of my knowledge. how should i apply for one?

[edit on 5/11/08 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Surely you know I mean that I have pasport of an EU member state- and yes, I have heard Euro's refer to Americans as racists many times myself.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I read a news article that talks about Europe that needs its own "Obama." That the minorities influence is not as powerful as you see in the U.S. Are there any black leaders of a country in Europe? For the U.S. which has racial divide and tensions for centuries I'm surprise Europe would be the first to have a black leader first before the U.S. did. Interesting...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

which one,

there is no such thing as a "euro", there are frogs and germans and brits and paddys and whatever the heck other group you belong to, there are more nationalities than nation states ffs.

anyone who's lived in europe should know that.

[edit on 5/11/08 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Please: in Europe non-whites are overjoyed if they get a job involving a suit and tie-I once worked as a manager for a large and well known firm in London, as white as snow-I once had the audacity to hire a balck guy-you should have seen the reaction.
One manager actually pleaded with me to rig his results to get him out and prop up the results of a white girl i hired with him-all done btw under a phoney cloak political corectness.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I have a UK passport...happy.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Erm, why should we be worried about this again?

If I moved to, say, Turkey, would I suddenly be worried about being underrepresented in their government? Of course not. I'd just get along with life the way the indigenous population want things to be done.

Unfortunately, we think that underrepresentation means less than a 50% split, when only 10% of the country is non-white non-European stock.

And race relations isn't something we have to worry about, because our slavery was not based around the colour of a person's skin.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Please: in Europe non-whites are overjoyed if they get a job involving a suit and tie

thats the most biggosted racist crap i have seen in a while

L"read before you spout uneducated rubbish again.

or do you support mccain?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

so what, you heard brits saying that US was more racist than the UK

the country that produced alf garnett

that says a lot about the people you hang around with and very little about europeans at large. i have never, ever met a brit with half a braincell that claimed that their own country was any less racist than anywhere else.

any of the brits on here ever seen this?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I have met many such brits-admitedly I have also met brits who concede that the UK would be more racist than the US.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Hita raw nerve huh-go to france and see for yourself-minorities are lucky if they don't live in virtual Favella on the Parisian outskirts.
If what i say is incorrect explain the low numbers of political representation or is it that its not that Europeans like discriminate they jsut cant help hoggin' everything for 'emselves.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's all so unfair.

Here in merry olde England we even let those heathen Scots into Parliament and even have one as Prime Minister! Nothing hypocritical with that, we let anyone take a shot at the top slot (as long as they are dishonest enough and kiss the right corporate butts).

...and we did that long before you colonials allowed a Black chappie a sniff at any sort of powerful office. Ok, he's only half black so obviously some concessions were made.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join