It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lookin for Info on laser flashlight as self defence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Greetings
I read somewhere last week about China developing laser flashlights that will temporarily blind an attacker...but can't find the article....does anyone out there have info on this product...???
Curious

Blessings

leftydave

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Check out HERE

And HERE

Hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You can look at sites like wickedlasers.com BUT, be content with just LOOKING. All of the high-powered green lasers and flashlights are made and shipped from overseas, mostly China. MOST customers in the United States will find their order will never make it past customs, as these devices are increasingly confiscated or returned for violating FDA regulations. An exception would be if you are licensed or have a permit, in which case you would be better off getting one from a legitimate supplier, instead of a company operating in China. The sites in China claim their products are legal in the U.S. - if they were, why do they falsify their shipping slips by saying the contents contain "flashlights" or "pens"? Look online for tactical flashlights, which can be very bright and accomplish the same effect. The Chinese flashlights are dangerous, as they produce alot of heat (their ads brag they can start fires and melt things). You should also consider the possibility being sued if you blind someone or damage their vision, as with any other "defensive weapon". Check your local/state laws. As a certified martial arts instructor, I always advise people to familiarize themselves with the self-defense laws for their locales. These “flashlights” have a viable purpose for the military and law enforcement as a tool to temporarily disorient an approaching vehicle or suspect as a precursor to the use of lethal force. As for myself, the flashlight I prefer as a “self-defense” weapon is the 4 D-cell Mag-light flashlights. They make a great blunt-force weapon that I guarantee will do a better job stunning an opponent than a flash of light will.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If you wanna make your own this is a good site.

www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Flashlight-Hack!!/

Now if you want news on it go here

blog.wired.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks...that was very informative...

new topics

top topics

join