It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN uses Hologram technology (blue beam?) on election night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...#/video/politics/2008/11/04/blitzer.yellin.hologram.obama.cnn

Thought this was interesting timing. Notice the blue fringe around Jessica.

If a TV show has this kind of holographic technology, you can only imagine what the military has.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by freakyty]

[edit on 5-11-2008 by freakyty]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Technically I don't think it was "bluebeam" but it is proof that it can be done. I do expect to see it being used everywhere now.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
remember that story back in 2000 or 2001 where all those Hollywood stars turned out for some awards show or whatever, and they had some boring, dull speaker telling them about the future of television...

after 15 minutes of putting the crowd to sleep, the guy wraps up his presentation, says goodnight, and immediately vanishes into thin air! they've had this technology for at least 8 years now, and it looks like they're finally implementing it into the mainstream...

as for it being part of Project Blue Beam, they could be showing this to demonstrate the most "modern" of holographic technology, even though they still probably have holographic tech they're not showing us, 30-50 years ahead of its time, to make us think that the UFO's couldn't be holograms, because our "most advanced" holograms have a little blue outline on them...

even though the hologram on CNN looked decent, i still think their holding back their true holographic capabilities, and have much more realistic holograms they're hiding at their disposal to later use on the general population...

that's what i think, anyway!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
blue beam or blue screen?
televisual trickery i say.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

seriously!! it looked like a "blue screen" effect! if that's true though, what did they use for the blue/green background?? was the host actually looking at the "hologram"?? or was he looking at an imaginary blue screen in her general direction, to make it appear that he's looking at her, because really it's just a camera trick...

can anyone upload the video? i've seen it, but i'd like to analyze it more...

[edit on 5-11-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
here's the video:

i think this poster beat you to this, though...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...and i agree with this member's post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...maybe the mods won't close this thread, because the topic is a little different than the other thread, though both mention Project Blue Beam...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hologram? Yeah right. That is a green screen effect with concentric camera tracking.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It sounds like she describes it, how it really works. But think of it as green screen, not hologram.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm not saying whether this was a real hologram or a trick of the camera.

But what I will say, to those of you who don't believe holograms exist:
I've seen them. They exist, and they're pretty good. I got to see a holographic house model, about 2'x2'x1' WxLxH at a building conference. This particular booth was talking about the future of showing houses to clients. It was really cool, and really real. I know this, because I was there. I got to touch it and disrupt the display.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have to ask, what does this have to do with the investigation into 911?

Why are "holograms, beams" on "election night" in the 911 forum?

Is this one of those "smear the 911 movement forums with ridiculous theories"?

Mabey its just me.

Pseudo-Skeptic arguments.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
dun dun dun, dun dun dun, dun dun dun... dunnn dunnn dunnn, dun dun dun, dun dun dun.... DUN DUN, DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Yea i did it, so what

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aberinkula

Anyone thats been to the Haunted Mansion in Disney World know that hologram technology exists.
I went there in early 02 and the holograms looked very good, especially for a theme park, which goes to prove that if you have the money, like disney, then its possible to create a decent image.
Now just imagine what the deep pockets of the Government can produce.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
blue beam or blue screen?
televisual trickery i say.

you are correct...if you liste to them talk about it, only the people watching on tv could see the image. The people in studio could not see her. Not a hologram...just special effects.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
after 15 minutes of putting the crowd to sleep, the guy wraps up his presentation, says goodnight, and immediately vanishes into thin air! they've had this technology for at least 8 years now, and it looks like they're finally implementing it into the mainstream...

I'm not so sure how impressive it was ... because it was done on live tv? Vanishing and reappearing has been used in hollywood for decades.

It's not technically a hologram really, it was done on a green screen, they showed a clip of how they did it. I'd be impressed if the person in the hologram appeared on stage in the newsroom.

Hologram TV is supposed to be available within the next 15 yrs though. The image would be seen where it's being projected.

new topics

top topics

join