It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was wrong.... It's Been Great debating yall.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
So my educated guesses were obviously wrong in terms of McCain winning. I am satisifed with my guys performance as he did DAMN WELL against the odds and obstacles he had to fight.

I will not be posting here in a while. Its been great debating all with you, but as you can imagine i'm finding this loss very difficult as im very passionate about my beliefs.

Its been great debating/arguing with all of you whether you were a McCain supporter or an Obama supporter. I will still be reading and I congratulate y'all on a win. While I think its the wrong direction for the country , I believe it was won fair and square.

Im sure im not the only one feeling this way. So all I ask is you don't rub it in.

Good night!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Star and Flag. I appreciate this thread. No attacks, no snide comments, just class.

Don't stay away too long.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thank you TB.

Thank you for being tactful.

It can be so hard to utter those three little words... i was wrong....

And I will concur. I am glad McCain is not in office but he, for the most part, ran a good campaign.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Aye good sport.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

so! you doubted plucky but now plucky has the last dance on a shoe on another foot...wait, yeah. May I quote Mike Tyson (imagine his weird voice) "it's a foregone conclusion..."

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

McCain was very gracious tonight and has done very well. Who knows what it would have been like had it gone the other way. I would never rub it in. I offer you my condolences as I can understand your passion and the need for some space right now. I look forward to having more discussions with you when you are ready. I may not have participated all that long here on ATS but the time I have, I have enjoyed discussions with you. Take care AndrewTB. Peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It takes a big person to admit when they were incorrect (did not want to use the word "wrong")

I have never debated with you but kudos to you friend.

take care all
res

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

S&F for you my friend for your class and graciousness.
We hope to see you back and debating asap.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Thats the thing though its not about right or wrong. This isnt like rooting for your favorite sports team. Dont feel defeated by your allegiance to McCain; both candidates advocated change and change is inevitable. All the bickering is over, be hopeful for the future and try to give our new president a fair shake.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Good thread, but I disagree that you should go.

I think that some people need to be here to keep it real and show our new president in the same light as our current president has been shown. Truth must be shown without slant to either side.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Rest assured I'll take care of that.

I'll be fighting Obama every step of the way for the next four years, every single day. I've dug in for the long haul, and won't let this administration get away with anything that isn't what's best for the American people.

I know AndrewTB feels the same way too. We've discussed this before via U2U and I know how he feels.

Trust me though, he'll be back, stronger than ever, ready to stand by my side and fight.

Take care of yourself.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You are a gentleman and showing the same kind of class that Sen. McCain showed in his concession speech.

star and flag

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I agree with NYK on this one. Stick around. It will be loads of fun. It's our turn to be the fashionably rebellious antidisestablishmentarians now.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Don't take too much time off because we NEED someone like you here at BTS/ATS. All viewpoints respected by me.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with your posting history here, because I've kept well out of the political fray since I've joined. And as it happens, I think the American people made the right choice last night.

But I also know that ATS desperately needs voices from all over the political spectrum, especially those that can admit defeat without pointing fingers, and see when their own hurt might get in the way of their productive contributions.

Hope to see you back soon

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
SARAH PALIN 2012!

I'm with NYK. You'll be back (heck I've already seen you tonight!) and you'll still have friends here.

I too congratulate the Obama supporters and liberal "I told you so's" here and on ATS. This is sincere.

BUT!

I'm not going away. I'm going to hold my new President accountable (if this forum isn't shut down by the Obama web cops). I'm going to continue to "debate". If it makes the OP feel better, I was predicting McCain to win 272 to 266. I was wrong too and I still feel !!!

Debate is why I come here. Its why you come here. TAKE CARE. Its only 4 years!

S&F

[edit on 6-11-2008 by CreeWolf]

top topics

join