It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden wins senate reelect. Now what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Biden wins senate reelect. Now what?

firstread.msnbc.msn.com

"Don't be carried away with this vice president stuff," he said at the party's Jefferson-Jackson Dinner on Oct. 13. "Don't stop at the top of that ticket, walk your way down. You can vote twice for the first time in your life for the same guy and it be legal."

With the projected election of Democrat Jack Markell as Delaware's new governor, Biden is assured the luxury of resigning his seat whenever he wants and ensuring it remains in Democratic hands. In an interview with KY-3 in Missouri last month, Biden explicitly said that, "I wouldn't resign my Senate seat until I were sworn in as Vice President of the United States." The new governor is also sworn in on Jan. 20.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Is this even legal?

What is Biden going to do?

How is he going to run two offices?

Someone else will have to take over for him if he becomes VP tonight. I don't understand how someone can be the VP and a senator at the same time.

Has anyone else done this before?

This is weird. I personally think that congress should hold a hearing about what to do with these situations. I don't think Biden should be VP and the Senate at the same time. I think that's illegal or something.

firstread.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If I can recall correctly yes this is legal.

Because the vice president hardly does anything, he can choose a second position.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hes not legally VP untill hes sworn in, he will then resign his seat.

"I wouldn't resign my Senate seat until I were sworn in as Vice President of the United States."

Its all politics hes just insuring it remains Dem.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It is legal in some states. The governor of Delaware decides his replacement.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
He's being elected as VP but he won't actually be the VP until January. I could be wrong, but isn't that the case? He will just have to retire his Senate seat before he is actually an active VP, presuming he and Obama win of course!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sorry this thread will be closed. Please post election results in one of the two following threads.

McCain Election Results

Obama Election Results

You can read more information on the thread closures in this thread.

Preemptive ATS Strategies For A Smooth Election Day(s)

new topics

top topics

join