It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't manfucaturers give us all the information!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why the hell don't electronic manufacturers give us all the technical speciifcations! :bnghd:

I've been looking online for the past 3 hours trying to find a TV that has POP and PIP features.

I've been on price comparison websites and found good deals on good TV's.

But I need a TV with POP and PIP is that listed as a feature, no!

So I go to the manufacturers website is it listed? No!

I checked other TV's by them and none of them list it, I find it hard to belive that a TV company wouldn't have one TV with this feature.

This problem isn't just with one company either!

Nothing like conformity.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Go to websites where they review products. They will help.

I think that manufacturers don't want to tell you everything because if they do you might decide their product isn't good enough.

It's like how they'll mislead you into buying certain kinds of headphones without giving you enough information.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You'll find actually that most TV's these days do have that feature, it's almost become standard, since there are really no tubes anymore -- and I know that the HD lineup does use dual tuners. I think you're safe either way.

Your best bet is to go to a retailer, and talk with them about the product, I know you may not wanna do that, but you could also call. Again though, I think the reason that they don't list PI/OP is because it's standard anymore.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and advice guys I needed to rant that out of my system

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm so glad I'm not interested in the latest technology.

Have no fear though.....everything you seek will be obsolete soon and you won't have to worry about POP & PIP anymore but the next generation and the next and the next......

You're obviously not meant to be content.

More, more, more.....new, new, new, bigger, better, and something the neigbours don't have.

Aren't "choices" a pain? (If you choose to have them!)

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I dont plan on getting a new TV just because it is new and has more features, I want to get one to replace my existing one which is faulty.

I was brought up by my grandparents mostly and they taught me the worth of things, I like to buy things to get use out of them and many years of use too,

I'm trying to get a TV that will stand the test of time and have a PIP and POP feature so I can use my PC and watch tv at the same time.

Happy Fireworks night!

[edit on 5/11/2008 by klain]

top topics

join