It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World hopes for a 'less arrogant America'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In essence... America isnt arrogant. Though MANY americans are.. many arent also. America is a culmination of all those other countries as well. So if they don't like america, its kind of silly, because thats what this country is made up of, a bunch of different cultures and beliefs and ethnicities.

Yes, there are the typical rednecks. But these days, that isnt the main population of america. I think many foreigners realize that, or else they wouldnt always move here.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by calihan123]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

In essence... America isnt arrogant. Though MANY americans are.. many arent also. America is a culmination of all those other countries as well. So if they don't like america, its kind of silly, because thats what this country is made up of, a bunch of different cultures and beliefs and ethnicities.

yes exactly, thank you

Rednecks are good people too,

[edit on 033030p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Obama wreaks of arrogance and cockiness. Look at his swagger....

Look at his swagger? Ha... bush minor struts around like he has his a--hole clinched too tight.

You have to have a certain degree of arrogance to want to be president that is for sure but the type bush minor exhibits is the arrogance of ignorance... the I don't know nothin and don't wanna know nothin arrogance. In short the arrogance of a fool.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

yes exactly, thank you

Rednecks are good people too,

[edit on 033030p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

Yes, they are good people too. They just have different beliefs in things than many others do. I mean most of my family is from the south, atlanta to be exact, and they are very very republican and very conservative, and yes they believe things differently than i do, but i still love them. I still know they are wonderful people and they still at the end of the day want the world to be a better place. I dont think anyone doesnt want that.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'll be honest, I haven't read the thread as of now, but I will say this from the thread title.

I'm wishing as an American for a less arrogant world.

I'm sick of feeling like the world has to approve of everything we do. I'm sick of America being subjected to such scrutiny.

I'm tired of the rest of the world trying to dictate what America should and shouldn't be doing. They want us to help everyone, but not interfere. They want us to do this, but not that.

For all the talk of the rest of the world wanting America to butt out of their affairs, I'm ready for the rest of the world to butt out of ours.

Sorry if I come across as a bit rude here, but it's how I feel right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I'll be honest, I haven't read the thread as of now, but I will say this from the thread title.

I'm wishing as an American for a less arrogant world.

I'm sick of feeling like the world has to approve of everything we do. I'm sick of America being subjected to such scrutiny.

I'm tired of the rest of the world trying to dictate what America should and shouldn't be doing. They want us to help everyone, but not interfere. They want us to do this, but not that.

For all the talk of the rest of the world wanting America to butt out of their affairs, I'm ready for the rest of the world to butt out of ours.

Sorry if I come across as a bit rude here, but it's how I feel right now.

I agree to a certain extent.. but at the same time we are the super power. We wouldnt be where we are now, if it wasnt for the help of other countries, and for us helping other countries. Thats the whole reason why we are such a strong country. If we just got rid of that now and secluded ourselves from the world.. things would change drastically.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
prince of peace, i beg to differ. Congress never did declare war in iraq, so who's power are we there by? Thats right. Bush. Further, as president he has enacted the use of "signing statements" that allow him to change how laws are interpereted in order to do as he likes. It was through use of a signing statement that he gave himself the power to authorize torture, and how he gave his administration the right to spy on americans.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm not talking about seclusion.

I'm talking about the rest of the world thinking they can make our decisions for us.

America is the single greatest force for good the world has ever known, and we aren't' about to stop now.

I'm all for world unity and working together, but enough is enough. I'm more worried about doing what's right than what the rest of the world thinks of us.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah. Its just some of the choices we make anger other countries, because really... we get involved in one too many wars.

Imagine if you were in another country and america was constantly threatening to go to war with random countries.

Wouldnt you feel a little strange about the US and its people?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I feel we will fare slightly better.

First, it doesn't take much to make the Arabs community mad at us.

Second, Russia is out for redemption. They will confront us on many issues.

Third, China is outsmarting us. Seems like we have been playing softball with them for a long time. Nobody wants to get tough with them.

The Europeans will take a liking to Obama .

I do feel Obama will make inroads with Africa.

South America will continue to be the step child and ignored.

Canada will hold well for Obama.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
our main issue of concern right now isnt russia. Its korea. The difference between the two, is that russia is smart. They arent going to start a war with us, because that would be the start of the end of the world. They know that. Korea however has such a hatred towards america, and there are some radicals there who dont care if its the end of the world, as long as they see americans die.

I know many many people who work in the government, including my grandfathers, and they all say the same thing. korea is our main concern right now

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
America and Americans not arrogant, good grief, well I suppose there might be the odd one tucked away somewhere. One has only got to look on these boards to see the attitude of the average American.

And as for the country itself has anyone cared to look at its murderous Foreign Policy, you known the one that says we will invade and kill anyone who threatens our interests, well perphaps arrogant is wrong, perhaps bully, dictator or cowards would be a more appropriate desription.

But I am sure that there are some Americans who do really care, who aren't brain dead patriots who don't support illegal wars or the rape of their own country. They must feel alone, frustrated and angry, they must live in hope that sometime soon it might all change for the better but I don't see that on the horizon yet.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I dont think people realize just how lucky they are to live in america. Yes, there are many things this country does that I dont approve of, but id much rather be here than say... in sierro leone africa, where wars have been going on for years and years and its a good day when they can not fear for their life, or have clean water, or have both parents, if either, because they were probably killed.

We bash on america a lot. But there are many places i can think of that are much, much worse than we could ever be.

im sorry but thats the truth. america doesnt suck, its our government that sucks.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

IMO Korea isn't that much of an issue. They just like to rattle their saber.

Korea does only what China allows it to do. If it wasn't for China, Korea would have fallen a long time ago. And as the US deals with korea, China continues to do as it pleases.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Calihan, the reason we have places like Iraq and Sierra Leone is because of countries like the US/UK. And America is good at exporting war, thats why its people are all for it. When you own country has been occupide or bombed to dust war dose not seem such a good idea. But if those who control the US donm't change their ways that isolation from war may disapear

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Calihan, the reason we have places like Iraq and Sierra Leone is because of countries like the US/UK. And America is good at exporting war, thats why its people are all for it. When you own country has been occupide or bombed to dust war dose not seem such a good idea. But if those who control the US donm't change their ways that isolation from war may disapear

America has absolutely nothing to do with those places. Whatsover. Where are you getting your information from?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My neighbor was just in sierra leone making a documentary that is going to be presented as sundance. he told me first hand of his experiences over there. it had nothing to do with the US or UK. Its africans killing africans.

And it was very very tragic to see the kind of suffering that has happened over there.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Calihan, the US has nothing to do with Iraq, oh really. Most 3rd World nations are reliant on handouts from rich Western Goverments ho then in turn extort massive amounts ofmoney back and also sell arms to these countries for them to fight wars. Whilst the people try and survive and fight starvation western banks get rich. So the US/UK and many others have alot to do with it.

As far as Iraq is concerned I would read up on Gulf War 1/2 and while your at it include Iran, Afganistan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Korea, Palestine and Somalia that should keep you going for a while, if you need any more just u2u me.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Calihan, the US has nothing to do with Iraq, oh really. Most 3rd World nations are reliant on handouts from rich Western Goverments ho then in turn extort massive amounts ofmoney back and also sell arms to these countries for them to fight wars. Whilst the people try and survive and fight starvation western banks get rich. So the US/UK and many others have alot to do with it.

As far as Iraq is concerned I would read up on Gulf War 1/2 and while your at it include Iran, Afganistan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Korea, Palestine and Somalia that should keep you going for a while, if you need any more just u2u me.

i didnt say iraq... obviously we are at war with them.. a blind person knows that.. i was talking about sierra leone.

but thanks anyways

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
also, for you saying we are the reason for so many countries suffering... we are the country that helps the world the MOST. we donate more food than any other country. We volunteer more than any other country. Give me a friggin break dude.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join