It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Obama's Kenyan Village, an Election Day 'Bloodbath'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
"SNippet"
www.time.com...

Blood flowed as Election Day dawned in Barack Obama's ancestral village in Western Kenya. The presidential candidate's half-brother, Malik, tied a bull to a tree, then hobbled it, and asked me to hold the beast's head to the ground as he drew a machete across its jugular. "Hold this guy down now," said Malik, 50, eyeing the animal's horns as blood poured from its throat like an open tap. "He could kill me now." After five minutes, the blood flow began to slow, and the fight went out of the animal, which stopped kicking and lay still, breathing heavily. "Okay, it's over," said Malik. "Fine animal too."

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Doesnt surprise me at all, alot of those folks are still warrior type barbarians.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
OH please. Read the entire article. They killed tha animal FOR FOOD. Is it any worse than the slaughter of animals that happens on American soil? Would it have been better if he shot it from a low flying plane, like our dearest Palin? Gimme a break.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It reminds me of my youth on the farm, slaughtering the animals for food. Or some of the deer hunting I did with my dad... Palin may be able to dress a moose, but I could dress a deer if I had to!

What an interesting culture! Thanks for the thread. Great article!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't think these folks have the opportunity to truck over to the nearest Wal-Mart to gather party supplies...they have to use what's on hand, which means that a bull & some chickens had to die.

"Bloodbath", my foot.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
and the Halal way of killing an animal,is way more humane than a bolt through the head,which doesn't always kill the animal and a few hours of being shunted around some abbatoir,scared stiff.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Layla

It's not like I exaggerated the articles headline.

I consider it more of a sacraficial offering though.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

You do? It doesn't mention "sacrifice" in the article... Why does your mind manufacture the idea that it's a "sacrifice" of some sort? Who, in your sacrificial fantasy, are they sacrificing it to?

It says they're going to eat it. Do people eat sacrifices?

Do you eat meat?

Just wondering how your mind is working this around to be a "sacrifice"...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I was refering to more their methods of murdering one another and the sacrific of animals, but ok. Man so quik to engage in a fight on this site, I wonder if you Noobs just sit around and wait for somthing you can be ofended by in order to manufacture an argument.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
I was refering to more their methods of murdering one another and the sacrific of animals, but ok. Man so quik to engage in a fight on this site, I wonder if you Noobs just sit around and wait for somthing you can be ofended by in order to manufacture an argument.

First of all, I'm not a "noob", I've been on this site for years.

Secondly, I KNEW you were jumping to the conclusion of SACRAFICE which is why I even commented. It was TO EAT. And it was slaughtered MUCH MORE HUMANELY than we do on our own American farms.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
reply to post by Layla

It's not like I exaggerated the articles headline.

Hmmm...you went from calling it a "bloodbath" to calling it a "sacrifice"...wow.

I prefer my meat to be "dead" before I eat it...I'm guessing that the Kenyans share my preference.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The only fun way to eat a bull is to tie it to a stake on a long lead, chase it around in a circle over hot coals and hack off slices as it runs passed. How dare they restrain the animal and cut its throat and hold it in place while it fades to black. Sheesh...when will people learn.

/sarcasm off

Cattle are born, bred and raised for one purpose...source of food and milk. Except in India, cattle are respected only for what they can provide.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Pardon me for mentioning it, but Obama's brother killing a bull is nothing to do with Obama, or the election.

The madness stopped here

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join