It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Election Results: 333 Electoral Votes @ 11PM EST

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Great post, Dave! As you said, it's your opinion. But it's so very well balanced -- and reasonable. It's good enough that I will just forgo adding my own two cents, and simply piggyback yours!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Oh God...I feared this. Jesse Jackson is now at the Obama rally here in
Chicago and taking interviews from the local media. I do hope that what
he's saying doesn't get out to the rest of the country before all the polls
close.

Jesse Jackson has no shame..but a lot of guts. Four months ago, he
went on Fox News and forgot that the microphone/camera was running.
The "Reverend" Jackson said that he wanted to "cut his nuts off", referring
to Obama. Now, he's at the quickly growing Obama rally, looking to buddy
up to our President elect. Jesse is an embarassment to a growing number
of us in the African American community.

oh my gosh....is that true? can someone please provide a link to him saying that? if it's true, that would indeed be shameless, not to mention irresponsible as hell. but don't feel too bad, i mean all races have those individuals whom the entire race wishes they could "trade to the other team" or what have you. hopefully america is past the point of judging a whole by an individual, HOPEfully, anyway. now i can honestly say, and i'm being very candid, that being raised in alabama, as a young man i was not entirely fair when considering minorities. I was never racist necessarily, but i did feel that there was just such a big difference between me (white) and the black culture, that i would never find much in common with any minority, orany common ground to understand and empathize with them on anything. Now, thankfully, i am in my late 20's and i am much smarter than those kids in school that influenced me to that line of thinking, and i see Obama as a HUGE symbol of just how far we as a country, not just me as a individual, but all of us are much more educated and we understand that you cannot judge any race by a few bad apples. i ask you readers to please not get angry or write nasty things about my comments here, it takes guts to admit you are wrong, and for 20 years of my life i was prejudiced. But that is not me now, i support Obama, and although i did not vote, he is the candidate i was rooting for. We as a people have come a long way towards erasing prejudices, and alll i'm trying to convey is that as a young man i was confused and fearful of minorities, but i think i along with the rest of the country, are much smarter than we used to be. so don't feel that Jesse Jackson is a spokesman for black people, i know the OP doesn't but is fearful that others will or already do see it that way, i am asking those of you who may feel that way to reconsider, and understand that Jesse Jackson is a black man, but not the "African Guru" who speaks for all black people. And consider the impact that someonee like mark thurman (rodney king case) or rush limbaugh would have on you if all black people thought those guys were a voice for all of us, indeed some probably do, but i'm willing to bet that more damage is done when a "angry black man" is televised doing something stupid than damage done for our credibility when a "rich old white man" makes a nasty comment on tv. Just look at how rev. wright impacted things, i think white people are more likely to judge others based on one mans actions than minorities, because minorities already know how unfair it is to be judged by someone elses actions, they have been there before. Great thread OP, he won but not by as much as i thought he would, although this wasn't REAL close, it WAS closer than i thought it would be, i feel that only a very small part of the voters for Mccain did so just because his opponet was black though. this gives me hope, genuine hope, for change in america. this is a crave statement this early on, but i could seriously see obama starting a dynasty of hope and change, similar to JFK. i think he measns it when he says things are wrong here, and he wants to fix them, and i think he will follow up on his promises to the best of his ability, and as long as our government lets him, things WILL change, i just pray that he is not shut down by the secret government, he doesn't owe any HUGE favors to the big money lobbyiest folks; that in and of itself is a major sign that things actually have a real chance of changing. I know some folks are probably ready to vomit when they hear the wopds "hope" or "change" by now, but that is because the words are usually spoken in vein, this time, expect REAL results!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Here you go.

SEE BELOW!

[edit on 5-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

The links not working for me, I apologize if its just my computer and this is a double post.
Not sure if this is the same video that schism85 was posting but it IS a video of jackson saying that.

Along with his apology once he realized he was being taped...
What a snake, I hope he gets crucified in the media for this.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well, I voted for McCain, and I have my reservations, but I also think Obama could turn out to be a great president. It certainly is a historical event.

If Obama is really smart, he will develop a close relationship with Bill, because Clinton has been there, and was a great president. Don't doubt for a moment that the neocons will not leave as many poison pills as they can to prevent Obama from succeeding. Obama is going to need all the help he can get to pull things together. The good thing is that pulling together valuable people does seem to be his strength.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Jay hawkers rules KU FTW, I guess it all depends on your interpretation of it/them.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

Eeeeeh, I suck at embedding. Heres the link: Jesse Jackson

Its the same thing you posted pretty much.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Now he's dropped the "N bomb" on Obama.
Fox and Associated Press are refusing to release the video or even the transcript, but Fox DOES confirm that he did in fact call Obama "the N word" and I dont mean nutcase...

Jesse Jackson Used N-Word In Controversial Fox News Tape (Huffington Post Report)
Does this man have a single braincell left in his head?
He has the audacity to call himself an American civil rights activist and Baptist minister, and then talk like this?

Yeah you heal that racial divide "Reverend Jackson"
As a matter of fact, I hereby dub thee "Reverend Jacka**"

[edit on 5-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Well, I voted for McCain, and I have my reservations, but I also think Obama could turn out to be a great president. It certainly is a historical event.

If Obama is really smart, he will develop a close relationship with Bill, because Clinton has been there, and was a great president. Don't doubt for a moment that the neocons will not leave as many poison pills as they can to prevent Obama from succeeding. Obama is going to need all the help he can get to pull things together. The good thing is that pulling together valuable people does seem to be his strength.

yes, very true. for an additional view on this particular strength of his, look right here
it's a thread i made based on an excellent blog on wired.com; this article is such a great example of how he was able to win this and just why his strategy was so much more successful. his supporters are so much more active in the outcome than that of Mccain, i reccomend checking it out, it's basicly a blueprint for success with through VERY active "foot soldiers" for your campaing. it has a typical schedule for a street team member, it's quite amazing.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Does this man have a single braincell left in his head?
He has the audacity to call himself an American civil rights activist and Baptist minister, and then talk like this?[edit on 5-11-2008 by ashamedamerican]

You've obiviously never met any Baptists.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
America has become a better place in many people's eyes all around the world.

I am so happy he got elected, finally a different man from the ones we're all used to.

Congratulations Obama all the way from Saudi Arabia
Peace all,

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
"And to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments and palaces to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten corners of our world — our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand.

To those who would tear this world down — we will defeat you.

To those who seek peace and security — we support you.

And to all those who have wondered if Americas beacon still burns as bright — tonight we proved once more that the true strength of our nation comes not from our the might of our arms or the scale of our wealth, but from the enduring power of our ideals: democracy, liberty, opportunity, and unyielding hope."

- President-Elect Barack Obama

www.nytimes.com...

In the last days on the trail, he is finishing “Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the C.I.A., Afghanistan and Bin Laden,” and taking an occasional glance at US Weekly. He reads at least two newspapers a day, vigilantly checks his BlackBerry for updates on early voting tallies and browses briefing books.

I highly doubt he is part of the New World Order's agenda when he is making himself aware of all the explosive truths found in that book! Sounds like to me he is preparing himself for what foes he will face on the inside.

Edit: Fixed quote wraps.

reply to post by midnight_sun

You deserve an infinite number of stars for that post.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Tgautier13]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
One last thing worth mentioning which I'd heard from multiple people. I haven't taken the time to look it up, but the idea itself worries me. Whats this civilian army thing? If I'm to believe what people have said, Obama plans to create a civilian-run sort of police force with funding equal to the military. Now, for all I know, its just a paranoid notion from some redneck survivalists, but if its true the only word which springs to mind is "Gestapo". Anyone know about this?
It should also be noted that today was a record day for gun sales in Houston. I think the people are a little wary; my pacifist mother even purchased her first firearm in her lifetime today. Call me crazy, but things look bad from where I've been sitting.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
There must be vote rigging involved here

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
A fitting poem, written at the turn of the century that I feel fits the occasion of this momentous event in American history. I am sure that our newly elected president has read it and taken it to heart.

God bless America!
University of Dayton

Emancipation
by Paul Laurence Dunbar1872-1906

Fling out your banners, your honors be bringing,
Raise to the ether your paeans of praise.
Strike every chord and let music be ringing!
Celebrate freely this day of all days.

Few are the years since that notable blessing,
Raised you from slaves to the powers of men.
Each year has seen you my brothers progressing,
Never to sink to that level again.

Perched on your shoulders sits Liberty smiling,
Perched where the eyes of the nations can see.
Keep from her pinions all contact defiling;
Show by your deeds what you're destined to be.

Press boldly forward nor waver, nor falter.
Blood has been freely poured out in your cause,
Lives sacrificed upon Liberty's alter.
Press to the front, it were craven to pause.

Look to the heights that are worth your attaining
Keep your feet firm in the path to the goal.
Toward noble deeds every effort be straining.
Worthy ambition is food for the soul!

Up! Men and brothers, be noble, be earnest!
Ripe is the time and success is assured;
Know that your fate was the hardest and sternest
When through those lash-ringing days you endured.

Never again shall the manacles gall you
Never again shall the whip stroke defame!
Nobles and Freemen, your destinies call you
Onward to honor, to glory and fame.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Zeptepi]

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Zeptepi]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Obama first test is coming up real soon . If he is genuine about a bipartisan approach he will at least offer Robert Gates the opportunity to continue as Secretary of Defence or some related role . Gates is the smartest man in the Bush admin and the only member of that admin who's judgement I would trust .

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Okay, I had some time to browse around, and found the speech in which Obama basically said that he wanted a civillian army. Am I the only one who remembers the Secret Police or the Gestapo?

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Malfeitor]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

There's already an entire thread about that.
Obama wants to create a Civilian National Security Force. Why???
enjoy...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

hmm very significant number in both free masonry and christianity, i wonder how many people will make the links...

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join