It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Election Irregularities & Fraud

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by swdecord

Did someone tell Hillery that?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
okay here are the "tweets" I've gotten from Breaking News Online - Election today that report some strangeness

1:26
Florida reporting some vote counting machines jammed but no major problems as of yet; reports wait times of up to two hours at precints in Miami-Dade and Broward counties

2:21
DEVELOPING
Missouri Secretary of State Robin Carnahan says voters have received misleading text messages and robo-calls with the purpose to discourage voters from heading to the polls. Carnahan says she has no tolerance for anyone causing confusion on Election Day and the US Attorney's office is investigating the incidents. Two of the messages were addressed to supporters of Barack Obama, telling them to vote Wednesday because of long delays.

2:35
A polling place at the Grove Avenue Elementary School in East Providence, Rhode Island has been closed as a precaution after an unidentified white powder was found under a table. A woman who touched the material is being treated for "rash-like symptoms". The local fire department and hazardous materials crews are investigating.

3:10
An employee for Barack Obama has send a desperate e-mail message, urging their supporters to immediately start making calls. "Our data indicates that the results will be very close in many states. I can't emphasize enough how urgent this message is," Judith, who's last name was not provided in the e-mail, told supporters.

"We are not going to hit our goal of 500,000 calls for today by 3pm Central, unless we get at least 2,000 more people calling for the next hour. Can you call now and continue for as long as you can manage?", she added.

3:15
Chicago Election Board chairman Langdon Neal says it has removed three election judges from polling places; says one was abusive, one was drunk and another person was removed for impersonating an election judge. The third person was arrested, the Associated Press reports. Election judges will stop people from continuing to line up after polls closed.

3:19
A spokesman for Mass. Secretary of State William Galvin says he warned two radio show hosts of WEEI-AM in Boston to "knock it off" after they told their listeners that the election had been postponed and Democrats should vote Wednesday.

3:48
A federal judge will issue an order by 5 p.m. Tuesday to the Virginia State Board of Elections and local registrar's offices on how to handle absentee ballots sent in by military members overseas received after 7 p.m. Tuesday. The order comes after the John McCain campaign sued the Commonwealth Monday afternoon asking the state to provide more time for ballots to reach Virginia.

4:19
A federal judge has ordered election officials in Virginia to preserve late-arriving absentee ballots that Republican John McCain's campaign claims should be counted.

4:36

blog.ourvotelive.org...
Georgia Election protection has had over 1000 calls today--mostly they're having trouble with voters not being on voter rolls.

4:44
BREAKING NEWS
TEXAS COUNTY REPORTING "MAJOR" ELECTION PROBLEM. DETAILS SOON.
4:51
BREAKING NEWS
Officials in Williams County, Texas are reporting that an error in electronic poll books means some voters got the wrong ballots; at least 16 precints impacted so far.

5:14
Police say a bomb threat at Middleton High School in Milwaukee is forcing election workers to relocate the polling place to a fire department building.

5:15
AP: Stanislaus County officials are trying to figure out how two Spanish-language ballots were marked for Barack Obama before the voter had made his way to the booth.

5:37
Idaho officials warn people of fake text messages reading "Flash: Due to very long lines, all Obama voters are asked to vote on Wednesday. Thank you. Please forward to everyone."

also this from the McCain camp

McCain Campaign: Election Day Irregularities in Battleground States
Posted on 11-04 at 21:19:20 CET

ARLINGTON, VA -- The McCain-Palin campaign is committed to ensuring that every qualified voter has the opportunity to vote and that all lawfully cast ballots are not cancelled out by fraudulent votes. Given that four states in the 2004 Presidential Election were decided by 1 percent or less, the McCain-Palin Campaign believes there should be a zero-tolerance policy for voter fraud and voter intimidation. Through a combination of news accounts and first-hand reports, the following cases of voter irregularities have been documented:

PENNSYLVANIA
In Philadelphia, PA, Black Panthers Are Intimidating Voters By Standing Outside Of A Polling Station While Holding A Night Stick. Fox News' Rick Leventhal: "I do not even know where to begin, but we have reached a polling place in the city of Philadelphia. One of the two black panthers who was allegedly blocking the door is standing right over here, [and] accused us of intimidating voters because we were here with a camera and microphone. He did not answer questions, other people here have confirmed that another person in black panther attire was holding a night stick and apparently the concern was that they were intimidating people who were trying to go inside to vote. A republican poll observer actually called the police, the police were here and we miss[ed] them, they came and left." (Fox News; "America's Newsroom 2008," 11/4/08)

· The New Black Panther Party Promised To "Protect Its Interest" On Election Day. "We will not allow some racists and other angry whites, who are upset over an impending Barack Obama presidential victory, to intimidate blacks at the polls,' [Black Panther Field Marshall Najee] Muhammad said. Most certainly, we cannot allow these racist forces to slaughter our babies or commit other acts of violence against the black population, nor our black president.' Muhammad added, "We must organize to counter and neutralize these threats using all means at our disposal. This is a great time for our people, and we must ensure that peace prevails for our people.'" (Tyrone Tony Reed, Jr., "New Black Panthers Visit Alamo," Jackson Sun, 11/2/08)

In Philadelphia, PA, Republican Election Board Officials In At Least Six Precincts Have Been Tossed By The Democrat Judge Of Elections. The State Republican Party filed suit in Election Court in Philadelphia City Hall seeking an injunction requiring that all Republican poll watchers be provided the access that had been denied. The duty judge granted the injunction that was sought.

In Lancaster County, PA, Calls From "Democrats For Obama" Are Being Made, Informing Voters About A Fake Change Of Polling Location. Lancaster County is a high priority target county for Republicans this year, and this is a clear attempt to suppress Republican votes.

continued next post

[edit on 11/4/08 by redhatty]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

FLORIDA
In Florida, There Are Reports That Out-Of State Obama Volunteers Have Cast Ballots In The State. "Julietta Appleton's business and home address are in New York, but she decided to vote in Florida. ... Julietta flew to [Florida] in September to help the Obama campaign get out the vote in Miami. She posted a link on ObamaTravel.org -- a site designed to help volunteers from non-swing states get to battleground states by connecting them with donors. On the site, she asked for help paying for a flight back home' to New York after the election. Included, Julietta posted a picture of herself casting a ballot in Miami." (Tiffany Wilson, "Florida Fraud?" Palestra Blog, 11/4/08)

In Florida, There Are Reports Of Intimidation Of McCain-Palin Voters By Elections Officials. After learning that a voter cast a ballot for the McCain-Palin ticket, one Florida election official reportedly told the voter "she could kill her for voting for [McCain]" and that she didn't deserve an "I voted sticker" because she voted for McCain-Palin.

In Palm Beach County, FL, Many Voters Are Reporting Trouble Locating The McCain-Palin Ticket On The Ballot Because It Appears On The Second Page. "Florida's Palm Beach County is reporting problems at a couple of polling stations: so-called undervotes,' where machines reject ballots because voters are not filling out the second page of the ballot, a spokesman for the county Board of Elections confirmed He said in some cases people simply forget to fill out the second page..." (CNN, "Undervotes Reported In Palm Beach County, Florida," CNN Political Ticker Blog, 11/4/08)

NEW HAMPSHIRE
In Manchester, NH, Republican Election Officials Are Being Kept Away From Locations Inside The Polling Places Where They Are Supposed To Be Verifying Voters. The New Hampshire Republican Party brought a lawsuit against Secretary of State William Gardner seeking an immediate order to require that election officials in statewide polling stations, including in Manchester, NH, allow appointed Republican officials access to same-day registration tables where voter qualifications are being checked. These Republican officials, who are appointed by the State Party to monitor voter registration to ensure they are qualified to vote in NH, are being kept away from the locations inside the polling places where this verification is taking place. The lawsuit occurred in New Hampshire Superior Court at 1:30 pm. (Ethan Kendrick, "BREAKING NEWS - Lawsuit Being Filed Over NH New Voter Registrations," New Hampshire's News and Politics Blog, www.nowhampshire.com..., 11/04/08)

OHIO
In Toledo, OH, Non-Credentialed "Election Protection" Democrat Observers Were Found Inside The Polling Precinct. (ElectionJournal.org, 11/4/08)

VIRGINIA
In Virginia Beach, VA, There Are Reports That Voters Are Casting Multiple Paper Ballots. There are multiple reports that a polling station in Virginia Beach is understaffed, and people are picking paper ballots off the floor and casting multiple votes.

In Northern Virginia, It Is Reported That "Tens Of Thousands" Of Military Absentee Ballots Could Be Missing. Fox News' Megyn Kelly: "[T]he northern part of Virginia almost always goes blue. He may not know how many military ballots are missing, but according to the wire reports, it could be tens of thousands. That is according to the McCain camp in a local press report. That military absentee ballot in Virginia could be potentially big." (Fox News' "U.S. National America's Election HQ," 11/4/08)

Primary source

Secondary Source

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I voted at ten this morning and had no problems, in and out in five minutes, but I don't live in a battleground state. That being said, I showed up armed, I had my voter registration certificate, my state issued id, and a current utility bill. I walked up to sign in and she asked my name, made me sign on the dotted line and sent me to a DIEBOLD voting machine. No id required!!

How is this possible? This is how fraud happens. People are too lazy to request the required information.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by slicely

Get off you high shoes and see that I say "if you voted last elections" I didn't say if you voted in another precinct, I am assuming that he still live in the same address.

He very clearly said that he has not voted in the last few elections.

If you miss one elections you have to register again.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I have lived in the same place for past twelve years, I should not have to register every four years to vote. Their excuse was the new system, I must wonder how many others this has happened to. I am registered as an Independent.

Dude, I think you got jacked! I'm a registered independent. I've lived in the same place for only 6 years and have no idea where my VR card is. All they wanted was my license. I registered here in 90!!! I had my cell phone with me when I was in there voting. I cannot imagine that the rules in your county are THAT different from mine!!!! OUCH!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Poll Workerss Removed from Indianapolis Precinct 9

They were apparently told they could challenge people they found suspicious, so the Republican challenged every Democrat who walked up to vote.

"It was just a misunderstanding"... is the explanation...

Poll workers removed from Precinct 9
Updated: Nov 4, 2008 04:14 PM CST
Kris Kirschner/Eyewitness News
source: www.wthr.com...

Indianapolis - Complaints from voters at a northeast side polling place has led to a grand jury investigation involving two election workers.

There are two challengers - representing each party - who can challenge votes, based on certain criteria. But in the case at Stony Brook Middle School, according to the bipartisan election board, the challenger and a clerk assigned to Precinct 9 didn't follow the rules.

"A misunderstanding, just a misunderstanding," a clerk at the precinct said

(snippage)

But voter Napoleon Jones saw it differently.

"They didn't give a reason at all. They didn't tell the guy why, they just basically said, 'We're challenging you'," Jones said.

There was a flood of complaints and the Republicans were removed and replaced with other Republicans who apparently understood the concept better.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would only vote if i was made to! Its a good job i don't live in the USA, but i know it still affects the entire world! I just hope people make the right choice, and presidents use their power wisely!

There are allot of people counting on who ever wins!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I live in central New Jersey and just got back from voting. Walked in , had my ID ready but they didn't even ask for it. Was out within 5 minutes. I live in a small town , population roughly 6000, but still I think we need to be checking IDs everywhere.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Oh my, where do these people come from? How in the world do they get jobs helping with polls and e that stupid?

I don't know if I should laugh or throw up on this one. Guy says he voted more than once. I'm guessing he could be an ACORN worker. I love how the "reporter" says, "its illegal, but thats ok".

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The United States of America is completely screwed.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by slicely

**snip**

That's not true. At least, not in California. In fact, you ONLY have to register again if you move. Another thing that happens is if you fail to return two consecutive Absentee Ballots, you are removed fromt he permanent absentee list (if that's the way you registered). People are not removed from the rolls for missing an election.

Edit to add, this is Florida law:

Removal and Reinstatement of Names on Voter Rolls
Periodically, supervisors of elections will send address confirmation notices to voters when the post office has indicated that these voters have moved outside the supervisor's county or left a forwarding address. All voters who have been mailed an address confirmation notice and who do not return the form within 30 days will be placed on the inactive voter registration list. Voters on the inactive list can be reinstated by updating their voter registration, appearing to vote, or requesting an absentee ballot, providing their status has not changed. However, after two general elections from the date the notice was sent, all inactive voters who show no activity will be removed from the registration records and must register again in order to vote.

Really people, it's in your best interest to be up to date and understanding of the Registration laws in your state. All states give you the opportunity to check your registration status before the election. I actually had mine printed out and with me "just in case"!

[edit on 11/4/2008 by Layla]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
[edit on 4-11-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

In GA, if you miss the last elections you have to register again, for the next elections.

Like you said its all about the state were you live and its rules.

Plus ID cards are required in Ga and they do ask for identification.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Whats with Palm Beach County, FL. There are mail in votes with some weird setup where a person must black out an area between two boxes to make an arrow. Anything else is not counted. People seemed to think a box should be checked or marked.

Why can't those folks just do something normal. Mark one box or another, etc.

insane.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Non-sense and BS.

I should not have to re-register if I missed an election, not in Florida unless I have moved to another district, which I didn't. The excuse was the new system. Someone dropped the ball and yes, I am PO'ed about it.

I will raise all kinds of living hell about it here and have already started but that isn't going to chgange the fact that I was not able to vote in this election.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaylaReally people, it's in your best interest to be up to date and understanding of the Registration laws in your state. All states give you the opportunity to check your registration status before the election. I actually had mine printed out and with me "just in case"!

[edit on 11/4/2008 by Layla]

Well said!

I had my voter registration card with me. I wasn't asked for an ID (I had it), but they all knew me because I vote in almost every election. They've seen me at least once a year for the past 15 years.

I voted early. The lines weren't long when I went in, but got longer afterward.

I was teaching at a school that is a polling place at Allen, Texas. It was fairly quiet, with two watchers outside (not sure what or who they represented). There was no fuss or bother or complaints while I was there and nobody seemed to have trouble voting.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
My sister lives in Palm Beach County. She went to vote at her regular precinct tonight and was told she had to vote elsewhere. So she went to the next place, as directed, and guess what? She wasn't on the the books there either. She had to fill out a bunch of paperwork and finally got to vote. After she got home, her husband was going to vote and she told hime to go to the new place. He went. Same aggravation. He told them his wife had just voted within the hour, look up her stuff. Incredibly enough, there was no record of her voting!

The Palm Beach County crap is on MSNBC right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm in VA. Went to vote around 4:30. Walked up to table where they have the list of registered voters,handed them my I'd and told them my name. Well they were a little slow at finding it so I just thought I would glance at the list to help them out. What do ya know I see my husbands name on the list right above mine. So I pointed this out to the lady and she said"well tell him to come vote" I replied uh..no, and explained my husband has not registered to vote. And she just stares I go on to say he has never registered and he CANNOT vote because he is a PERMANENT RESIDENT not a citizen. He is Canadian. Then this African American woman says "Honey it's alright he can vote anyway, his name is on the list." I said no, that would be illegal and she said " well his name is on the list"
I just said "No" and went to cast my vote.

I spoke to 2 other workers there and will contact the registrar's office in the morning. I was stunned that this happened and it makes me wonder how many others who were not legal to vote did so with a helping hand from the poll workers.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

VIRGINIA
In Virginia Beach, VA, There Are Reports That Voters Are Casting Multiple Paper Ballots. There are multiple reports that a polling station in Virginia Beach is understaffed, and people are picking paper ballots off the floor and casting multiple votes.

Primary source

Secondary Source

Virginia
This happened at my polling place. They opened 30 mins late because the official was not there on time. And, the computers were down. So, they went to paper ballots until the computers were fixed. Someone noticed that many people took several ballots and were filling them out and voting 3-4 times. I do not know how long that went on, but the computers were fixed and by 10 (when I was there), voters were using the computers. CNN had a crew there...pretty sure I was on TV. Not too thrilling considering the story of voter fraud.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join