It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Election Irregularities & Fraud

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
2008 Election Irregularities & Fraud: Use for reports of voting problems, fraudulent purges, and speculation of fraudulent votes.

See this thread for more information on the handful of special threads for the 2008 election results discussions.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Guess I'll start.

Early voting is unconstituional. It opens the gates from frauds.

How ever I had no problems at the poles cause I used a paper ballot. I also read stories that Virgina was having lots of problems at the poles with 5-6+ hours waits.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm in Central Ohio. I arrived at the polls at 7 AM this morning and was out by 7:25 AM. No problems here at all. I voted electronicaly and checked paper readout as I voted.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I dont trust the electronic voting machines, they could say anything you wanted on the print out, and be changed post vote. Not a trustworthy method with how unsecure they are.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

CNN - Voting Issues

In Kansas City, Missouri, iReport contributor Jessie Sargent said she had been waiting in line for three hours because precincts had received the wrong voter registration lists.

CNN - Voting Issues

In Shaker Heights, Ohio, just outside Cleveland, the first few voters at one precinct received ballots that were missing the presidential race.

CNN - Voting Issues

In Raleigh, North Carolina, one polling place couldn't open at 6:30 a.m. because its chief judge left the precinct's ballots in her grandson's pickup when he dropped her off, said Wake County Board of Elections Director Cherie Poucher. The grandson drove off, and the poll worker couldn't track him down, Poucher said.

Lets hope that the issues we see continue to be 'HONEST' mistakes or oversights - I will conintue to monitor this thread - CNN and any other news source reporting on voting issues - I will be voting in 6 hours ( central time zone voter )

Dorian Soran

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Had a poll worker try to make me use a provisional ballot. She was very adamant about it. However, I, or the law, I should say, won out. I was surrendering my mail in ballot. Other than that, smooth sailing!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
updated 1 hour, 30 minutes ago mistakes, breakdowns lead to long waits

Virginia

Reports of broken Machines and machines no been able to read paper ballots after the rain have the voters dripping wet and wetting the papers.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 4-11-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
More irregularities,

NEW: Registrars' books reportedly mixed up at Kansas City, Missouri, precinct,

NEW: Presidential race missing from ballot at Shaker Heights, Ohio, precinct,

NEW: Official at North Carolina precinct accidentally forgets to bring ballots

NEW: Wet ballots won't go through scanner in Wake County, North Carolina

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I voted and encountered a number of anomalies; one of which is a voting machine problem which MIGHT render my vote invalid.

First, we have those awful playstation-like interface voting machines where you turn a huge dial, one alphabet letter at a time. I wanted to vote for a WRITE-IN candidate. I meticulously dialed each darned letter of the Presidential candidate's name ... there was no SLASH (as on the sanctioned ballot) to separate the Presidential from Vice Presidential candidate's name. Okay, so, I go for a space instead. (Compromise #1)

Next, the programmed string length was too SHORT to enter the Vice-Presidential candidate's name. This means no matter what you enter ... you CANNOT enter a LEGAL vote. I ended up with only putting the Presidential candidate's name. (Compromise #2)

The remainder of oddities were less significant:
1. Ability to bypass the initial STRAIGHT party vote screen was unclear.
2. Separate School district election required a second voting login where they held your voting card hostage until you finished voting.
3. School Board election ballot box entry NUMBER matches the sign-in number, hence, not an anonymous vote.

edit typo

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Voted at 7:30 this morning and wanted to report that as I was walking up to the sign-in table I reached in my purse to get my ID and the lady behind the table says "I don't need to see anything. Just give me your name."

So...there you go. Stupidity run riot again. You can't cash a check, get a pack of cigarettes, or buy a beer without having your ID on you in case you're carded...but you can vote without proving a frigging thing about your identity.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Left Handed Voter Difficulty

Hi, I am a left handed voter. Today when I voted I found it very difficult. The polling station I was at had the paper ballots, not the touch screens. The pen was chained to the desk at the bottem right corner. For any right handed person this is no problem at all, but being a lefty it was quite a struggle. I could see many peope not voting the whole ballot because of this issue. Just the way I had to twist the ballot, my wrist, the chain. It was just very difficult. Anyone else have this issue?

Note: I could not use another pen because I did not have one and I wasnt going to leave and come back all for a pen. I realize there are bigger problems then this one. I am just stating this.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm in Indiana, and everything was fine for me, or so I hope. I used a machine and there weren't any problems. There were three people in front of me in line, and I went to the polls with one of them, so I was only there for about 10 minutes

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Im in pct 207 in zip code 78642, The only voting machine broke down, and the poll worker opened the machine door. When he did so the security seal did not rip, it simply peeled off. So now the machines security has been destroyed and the poll worker can handle ballots with out being caught because the seal is not working.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

My God, where was this? I voted absentee Ballot and had no trouble.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Went in at 8:30...voted...was out at 8:35. No problems at all where I am. I did walk in with an ID and was told all I needed to do was sign my name, but they already had my signature on file. Other than that everything was smooth sailing

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
A few I'm seen so far..

Wet Ballots making scanning difficult in VA.
CNN

Tampa FL - Voter Survey forms found along I-4
Tampa Bay

Republican Election Board members ejected from polling places in Philly.
TownHall

Alledged Black Panther Intimidation in Philly
Fox News Clip on YouTube

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Black Panthers intimidating voters with night sticks and standing in front of door.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I voted without any problems, but I was uncomfortable that they did not ask me for my ID. They asked my name and then my address, but I could read both my name and my address from the paper they were reading it from. I thought that any body could come in and vote using my name. I just do not think that is wright.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I had no problems at all, we still use the old lever and switch machines here in NY.

As for the New Black Panthers, they should have been locked up under the Smith Act of 1940 a long long time ago. The double standard is so obvious, can you imagine if the KKK were standing outside polling places? There would be entire battalions of National Guardsmen and a legions of State Troopers swarming in to arrest them.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

The New Black Panther party website's main page states that members will be "patrolling" voting sites to prevent "intimidation" & "violence"...

www.newblackpanther.com...

Please note: the Black Panther party and the NEW Black Panther party are two entirely different entities. I can't find any mention of this on the BPP website, so it could be that the men in the video are NBPP members. I have no affinity or association with either organization or their beliefs...just wanted to point out the difference between them and that it may be NBPP members in the video and not BPP members, but I can't be sure.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by ezziboo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join