It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just having returned home from voting, I've had time to reflect a bit on this historic election and all that it entails. Historic in a way unimaginale even two short years ago, inasmuch as an African-American is running for President on a major party ticket AND that he stands a pretty good chance of winning. I had tears of joy coming out of my eyes knowing that I, as a white person have enough faith in America to vote for him because I feel that he is the better candidate. It's okay if others here at ATS don't feel that way about him. I do not wish to infringe on their right to vote for McCain OR one of the third party candidates as wel. That is their right, and I will I've also had time to reflect on the fact that the racial divisions that should never have been set up here in the country when it was established in the first place inAmerica are slowly being erased. I've had time to reflect that, finally, African-Americans in ever larger numbers are holding major elected posts such as Governor, members of Congress, etc, as well as being named to Cabinet Posts at both the State and Federal levels. I've had time to reflect that even women have been heavily represented in the national spotlight, with Hillary Clinton having been a very strong contender for the Democratic Party Nomination for President and with Sarah Palin being the Republican Parties nominee for Vice Presiden. The progress that has been made so far has also made me reflect on the progress that still needs to be made in America, with 40 million Americans not being covered by insurance, the economic woes this country faces right now, and the remaining pockets of racism that still exist here in America. I am extremely glad that I have lived to see this happen in this country of ours. Let's work together to make it an even better place to live in.

new topics

join