It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total proof of that the govenment/CIA run the drug trade

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Anyone think drugs was a reason for going to Afghanistan?
I heard such, at least its one good reason to go there.
As Bush stood on the rubble of the WTC and said onward to Afganistan
did we think the drug cartels took over.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is old news, but thanks for reminding others who may not be aware.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The wealth of the British Empire was founded upon drugs and still is.
The British had a major trade deficit with the Chinese and resolved the trade imbalance by the introduction of Opium upon the Chinese people.
Opium introduction in China created the same problems we see today in US ghettos.
Thats why the British military left Iraq to protect their drug interests in Afghanistan. Opiate production is now at an all time high. And the British royal family gets richer.

The British Intelligence agency MI6 and the CIA work together on this.
Note that the former head of the CIA was George Bush senior.
The Bushies also conveniently own oil platforms in the gulf through which they have immunity from US drug laws and easy access to US coastal cities.
Mena Arkansas was created under Bill Clintons governorship and was used to bring Cocaine into the US without interference from US customs.

The fact that drugs were brought into the US and distributed in primarily black neighborhoods with Heroin being introduced to Harlem in the 1930's soon after its invention by Bayer of Germany, of which Prescott Bush was a major investor. These drugs were more than a means of control but in essence a form of genocide as well as by keeping them illegal, a major multi billion dollar industry that in dollar figures dwarfs the oil industry.

These hard Drugs create crime, destroy families and neighborhoods, turning them into what we now specifically associate with all black neighborhoods, or Ghettos.

Though drugs weren't used against the Native Americans, but instead biological warfare and guns, the genocidal intent and results were the same.

Do we see a pattern here ?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Wow! On this election night does anyone remember Lyndon LaRouche (third party U.S. presidential candidate 1976, 1984, 1888,1992) who insisted that the British Royal family was behind most of the international drug trade?

He ended up in prison:

"LaRouche is the only presidential candidate to have been convicted in a Federal criminal case. As the measure of a man's virtue is often the numerousness and savagery of his enemies, the fraudulent character of that conviction is, in fact, the most powerful proof of his exceptional qualifications for election to be President."

www.larouchepub.com...

Good times!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I read about the Columbian cartels income from drugs alone, surpasses the USofAs GNP per year.

That's right, the Gross National Product of the United States of America is less than what those drug dealers are making.

Whether or not the CIA is involved in the drugs trade, the above statement is plainly wrong.

The United States of America is both the world's biggest economy and the world's biggest illicit drug market.

Its aggregate GDP* according to the most current statistics [2] is slightly less than $10 trillion**.

So what you are saying is that Colombian drug barons make ten trillion dollars a year from illegal drugs.

That figure alone should be enough to convince anyone that the claim is pure fantasy. But for form's sake, let us spell out the reason why it has to be false.

First, consider: the USA is the world's largest drug market. According to the UN's 2005 World Drug Report, it accounts for 44 percent of the world drugs trade and 62 percent of the trade in coc aine. So of this ten trillion dollars the Colombian barons are supposed to be making, roughly five trillion of it must be coming from the United States of America.

So according to you, the United States of America is spending half of its gross national product on illegal drugs!

This is plainly and demonstrably untrue. However, I will leave the demonstration as an exercise for the reader.

Meanwhile, let's open a trustworthy statistical window on the drugs market, shall we? Here is a link to UNODC's 2005 World Drug Report. It estimates the value of the global retail market in illegal drugs as $322bn in 2003 (see p. 127). This is an eye-watering figure, but it's still under three percent of the statistic you quoted.

And if we're talking about Colombian drug barons' incomes, we're talking wholesale, not retail. The world wholesale market for illegal drugs in 2003 is estimated at 'only' $94bn: less than one percent of your figure***.

But that's the total value of the world market in all drugs.

Colombian drug barons make their bucks from two main drugs: coc aine and cannabis. Colombia is, as everybody knows, the world's leading producer of coc aine. Cannabis is grown all over the world (the United States is the world's largest producer), and though the world market in it exceeds that in coc aine, being (very roughly) valued at over $140bn (p.134 of the UNODC report), the Colombian contribution to world output is negligible.

Those evil cartels are making most of their money from coc aine.

How much money? Well, the UNODC report has a figure for that, too. Let's see what it says.

Adding up the wholesale-values from all regions gives a total market value of US$18.8 bn, including the large markets of North America (US$ 9.1 bn), West and Central Europe (US$6.8 bn), and South America (US$0.3 bn). The South American figure reflects, however, only the gross income of wholesalers supplying the domestic market. The total wholesale income in South America, where much of the coc aine is not destined for local consumption but for exports, is much larger. The total gross income of wholesalers in South America would be equivalent to about US$2.6 bn.

World Drug Report 2005, p. 132

That's right, folks. Those bloated South American narcocrats are making about three billion dollars a year. Let's say the Colombians are making two-thirds of that: two billion dollars. Outrageous, I know, but hardly a figure to strain at - and just 1/500 of what you are claiming, Advisor.

*GNP is rarely used by economists nowadays, and therefore rarely appears in statistics.

**The page Advisor cited actually gives a GNP figure for the year 2000 which is even higher than this: $10.5tn.

***Anyone prompted to complacency by the apparent relative modesty of this figure should turn to p. 128 of the Report, where they will be set right by an interesting comparison chart showing the values of world export markets in such things as meat, tobacco, wine and beer.

****Actually, the Bolivian, Peruvian and other South American narcocrats also contribute to this figure, bringing the Colombian contribution down still further.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
"Note how they only ever are invloved in dirty and addictive drugs that destroy society. You'd never catch them selling mushrooms, dope, mdma or '___', which generally open peoples minds and would cause hassle for them. They're just not interested in the enactogens and entheogens, only the addictive and soul destroying ones. So its a double bonus for them, get loads of money and shut the population up at the same time. Evil bastards. "

Mushrooms grow in the wild and don't need any processing apart from drying so there's no profit there. And when did you see a Cannabis dealer driving a BMW? There's no money there either unless you're at the top of the food change. The profit is derived on the difference in price between, say, a pound of raw Coca leaves and the street price of a pound of Cocaine. Similar economics apply to the Opiates.

I understood that most of the MDMA in Europe was coming from Eastern Europe. But I'm not sure what kind of profits that drug generates.

There is no market for bizarre mindexpanders like '___'. You just couldn't function on a night out.

This is an interesting topic and I'd say you're probably on the right track. Isn't it interesting that governments habitually (lol) refuse to even consider liberalising drug laws? The obvious rebuttal to any politician who says that is "So you prefer and support a vast criminal black market instead to a safe, regulated OTC environment?". But the media never ask the obvious question (there's a surprise). One wonders if some of the politicians and officials who zealously speak out against drug decriminalisation/legalisation are in fact part of this octopus???

Another point to consider: do you think there is any evidence that disinformation is used in regards to the nature of drug trafficking?

Consider this: you have no doubt seen one of those documentaries where an undercover reporter goes to somewhere like Colombia or the Carribean and sees how some poor wretched woman (mule) swallows condoms full of powder. She then sits on a flight for hours hoping her stomach acid doesn't corrode the rubber and give her a heart attack.

Why would any drug cartel use this unreliable method when we also know that drugs are trafficked by the tonne in shipping containers? Possibly as a decoy.

How much Cocaine for example is consumed annual in the USA or UK? What kind of distribution and retail network is needed to ensure regular supplies? I think we can all imagine the size of such an operation. Importation into the market must be guaranteed so do you risk using a fishing boat and hope Customs don't stop you in the English Channel or are these again, just the decoys, are the bulk of the product is coming in elsewhere? I guess you know that most celebrity flights landing at places like Heathrow are not subject to passport checks, let alone customs searches.

Any country that regularly consumes large quantities of illegal drugs must have an element of their police, customs etc that are in the pay of the cartels. Likewise they probably also have a few rent-a-quote politicians on their payroll - drug use cuts across all classes of society and it would be easy to blackmail a politician who has a habit.

I was told by a retired English detective that he was aware that confiscated drugs were frequently resold out the 'back door' of police stations.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamsnatcher
There is another documentary called the "Cocaine Cowboys" and it centers around S. Florida in the 80's and the federal reserve in Florida was

"Sure your not referring to" "THE COWBOY MAFIA"

Brief article: portland.indymedia.org...

Yes this is ALL old news and we NEED to wake up the rest of the world while we still can.

You would not even believe half of whats going on out their...
You HEAR Thru the Grapevine -Snippits-.........

Ah YES: Operation Watchtower,,,Ever heard of a US ARMY Special Forces soldier named Bill Tyree, and the story of FEMAs birth.
www.rumormillnews.com...

If your old enough maybe you remember US ARMY Special Forces, Dr Jeffery Macdonald

www.trutv.com...

It WAS ALL about drugs, and whats Really amazing is HOW MANY legitimate business's across America and the World have been born and incorporated, using drug money.

Maybe the new administration might have the kohonas to do something about this, but I think it unlikely....

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Bazarocka]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

There is no substantive reason why the CIA or any other branch of Government would bother to be involved in the drugs trade. At most, you're talking about a few hundred million in possible profit, obtained via a dangerous and work-intensive fashion, versus a 3 billion black budget that they, the CIA, gets simply for sitting on their ass and doing nothing. It simply makes no logical sense on any level that they would be involved in the drugs trade. To what end? This is simply not believable and I haven't read any argument that I have found convincing.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have read Dark Alliance great read,man also if you guys feel like hunting for a used book The Underground Empire by James Mills is also a eye oppener.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsofdrugs
And when did you see a Cannabis dealer driving a BMW? There's no money there either unless you're at the top of the food change.

Guy who has a few 'rooms' in flats around my city owns a late model 745 BMW, and it's often parked at the end of my parents driveway.

And the blue glow coming from the gaps in the top of the curtains at night is for tomatoes

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I guess drugs like Heroin and Cocaine are a commodity like citrus or coffee.
Certain wealthy families invest in drugs and receive a higher yield for their risk than they might with other goods. Afghanistan is now a poppy farm now doubt.
I agree there is a tie in with the prison industry. 2.5 million Americans in prison most of whom are charged with drug offenses.
What happens if America says no to Government sponsored Drugs?
What happens when people wake up and clean up?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i have great respect for all of you who post and read at this ATS site..
sometimes, ( like this time), i am compelled to inject my humble but insightful first person experience with what is being discussed..

Ouch. Your 'gramer and speling' hurt my eyes.

And along with that can you give evidence to your claims?

Why would any of us would believe someone who is anonymous and with no evidence to back them up, to boot?

[edit on 6-11-2008 by spacebagel]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Showtime has a great documentary on the subject called American Drug War. I urge anyone who hasn't seen it who cares about this issue to check out the link and watch the program. Many of the scenes in the OP's clip are also in the film.

I can vouch for that. Its where I got the clips in the OP from, coz I compiled that youtube clip myself from that documentary. Its a reallly good documentary, It goes into much more detail than the clip in the OP, I reccomend people watch it to get up to date with the status of the governments ridiculous war on drugs.

Looks like another war the govenments loosing.... deliberately. Fortunately though, theres a hell of a lot of money to be made by funding this losing war

[edit on 6-11-2008 by ZeuZZ]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It's something so well known, yet few people dare talk about it and tackle the problem.

It is things like these that verifies my views that the pharmaceutical industry do not want to cure you...but milk you. In 1993, the facts were brought out that the CIA played a major role in the bombing of the WTC in 1993. Ted Gunder(Can't remember his role in the CIA...but he was one of the big guys there) came out and exposed their actions and crimes. These people do not give a damn about any of their citizens and their country. The only thing that matters to them is money and how much of it they can get...at everyone else's expense. It is absurd to even think the Presidency doesn't know of these actions. They know it all too well. In fact, the same people who introduce the CIA racketeer...put the President in power.

These people have not changed since Bush...what makes people think Obama's different. It's the same crap they're going to feed you...except that it's going to come in a different colour. It's sickening, and these people have the nerve to call others criminal, they have far surpassed criminal activity. They're more along the lines of evil.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
And why did it take you to find this out? The government doesn't want us to know that they are otherwise they would be in big trouble.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Nearly forgot about this thread.

btw, the whole documentary that the clip in the OP was taken from can be seen in 12 parts in youtube. Part one here: www.youtube.com...

And also worth watching is Penn and Tellers excellent expose on the war on drugs in the Bullsh*t series, called "The Bullsh*t War on Drugs". Its nice to see that at least some media outlets will air controversial material like this, and Penn and Teller really do cover everything about the illegal drug war and what the problems are with it very comprehensively. Its not a war on drugs, its a war on personal freedom and liberty, which causes hundreds times more problems than it solves, and creates huge economic profits to be made by whoever runs the drug cartels. If legalised, the market would crash and the price plummet, people would be safer from contaminated drugs, there would be fewer victimless criminals clogging our prisons, the profits would be taken away from the black market criminals, qualities and dosages could be controlled, people could use controlled substances for genuine medical reasons, reduce HIV and aids.... the list goes on and on.

Penn and Teller sum it up brilliantly in this humerous two minute clip:

Penn and Teller: What would happen if all drugs were legal

The whole of the episode "The Bullsh*t war on drugs" by P&T can be seen here:

Part1:

Part2: www.youtube.com...
Part3: www.youtube.com...
Part4: www.youtube.com...

All worth watching to see how the war on drugs, just like every other 'war' the govenment creates, is a total fraud.

Nearly as bad as their 'war' on Terrorism.

Thanks

[edit on 26-3-2009 by ZeuZZ]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
For those young and gullible readers who still think the Bush family is somehow at the root of everything evil, here's a public service message...

One of the more insidious CIA black-op drug operations in America's history — an integral part of Iran/Contra — operated out of Arkansas when Bill Clinton was governor there in the 1980s. Clinton knew all about the coc aine and weapons trafficking to and from Nicaragua, and he even toured the base of operations at Mena airport in northwest Arkansas. Rumors yet abound of Bill Clinton's coc aine use as governor, and his brother Roger was in fact arrested for possession with intent to distribute coc aine...a charge that would put me or you in prison for a good 15 or 20 years. So it's easy to surmise that the Clintons were on the inside of Iran/Contra.

Several persons associated with the Mena operation were murdered over the years, and some of those murders — which happened within eyeshot of the airport — were quite bizarre and are still unsolved, as far as I know. By some peculiar coincidence, several persons associated with Bill Clinton and his charming wife Hillary also died under sinister circumstances right up to and throughout Clinton's presidency — a pesky little curse known as The Clinton Trail of Death.

Point is, the conspiracy theorists should realize that no single person or family in the upper echelons of government is without blame and complicity in the various atrocities and black-ops usually attributed to the CIA. The Bush family didn't invent any of this nonsense, any more so than the Rockefellers or the Kennedys or the Clintons or even our little Marxist friend Barack Obama...but they all were and are willing players in the game.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/27/2009 by Doc Velocity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join