It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

farmers / experienced growers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
do we have anybody on here who is experienced at growing their own veg and herbs ?

I'm wanting to start growing my own veg and herbs, I'm currently designing an indoor growing box for want of a better description. Am thinking led's are the way to go for the light source (low power requirements).I'm thinking Red and blue targeted at the perfect ranges for photosynthesis ( I need to confirm my research to get the exact frequencies)

This first one will be an experiment with test plants being grown in a normal windowsill plant pots to see if there are any better results essentially.

What I really want to know is what have you found to be the best to grow ? and methods used ? I've grown herbs before they're pretty easy but never tried tomatoes, potatoes, chillies, carrots etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I found this thread to be rather helpful.

As for growing indoors, Ive never dabbled with different colors, just pots and grow lights. Seems to work.

If youve never gardened before, start off small and build on your successes. Its easy to get in over your head and wipe out an an entire crop.

ATS

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
thanks for that slach.

I'll have a proper read through this eve when i have a bit more time

join