It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is something terribly wrong here!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
When an alien abductee cannot post their experience in the alien and Ufo thread because they dont have evidence (THERE IS NEVER ANY EVIDENCE OF ALIEN ABDUCTIONS FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!).
So where do the people who KNOW ALL ABOUT ALIENS AND UFOS have to post???? In the gray area!! Something very very wrong about that and it needs to be sorted immediately!!
Where are the admin when you need them??? Nowhere to be seen! Too busy moving threads around and changing posters names.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
i have pics of a possoble ufo, and they said it wasn't breaking or alternative news , so it was moved to make room for all the "real news" i guess.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Please calm down for a sec. (not meant nasty but yelling won't get you anywhere on this board as I have experienced)

I understand your irritation and share your opinion. Also what's even worse is that the grey area doesn't demand evidence yet you get troubled by evidence demanders anyway.

I'd say in the grey area no body should ask for evidence because you don't post there if you have any evidence.

Second of all, it should be very very easy to make a post icon that symbolises "I don't have evidence so please don't ask for it" or "I have evidence check it out" to go along with the post. So no grey area is needed.

Hell I don't even believe in alien abductions, but I demand a little respect for abductees! We should never bash people because of writing down their experiences.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Carm69

Thats odd, but extremely common here. I had a thread binned within 30 mins here. I have had threads moved all over the place in like record time and had to change my name as an admin thought it looked like his!!

BUT where are the admins when supposed skeptics are being rude and insulting?? Where? Nowhere.

Yeah, it is odd and weird but it seems this is how they run it. Doesn't make sense. they want to protect the thread more than the people posting in it. I have written complaints but heard nothing...probably cos they were busy moving your thread maybe?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I concur, mostly. There are also those members who waste our time fabricating stories for their own selfish glee. The seasoned members seem to have a nose for these guys. In theory what is wrong with entertaining an argument in such cases. I agree it is getting uncomfortable in the UFO forum. It is a fine line though. We need a Buddha, Jesus or king David right now

~Hyp

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

You have some good ideas but admin wont read them or action them or reply as they are too busy doing stuff...some of which isn't actually of any importance as noone ever yelled that they felt so insulted due to a post being in the wrong thread, LOL. Crazy!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HypnoAsp

SO everyone feels the same and yet admin does nothing about it???
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spacecowgirl

They only seem to appear when us decent posters
respond to name calling and vitriol ,to deduct points
or threaten a banning.
I just read most of the threads now,a waste of time
posting anything here in my honest opinion!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I wrote a complaint and a suggestion. I also sent 2 more complaints that verified what I was saying and all I get are generic answers. Noone seems to want to address this serious issue and in the meantime you have abductees getting abused and belittled by people hiding behind a skeptic umbrella, you have an alien and ufo thread which alien abductees cant post on...and so it goes on. Seems totally stuffed up if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Elmer_Dinkley

sadly and unfortunately i have to agree with you, as it is also my experience. I think I had 4 u2u's over something as silly as changing my name and none about any of the 3 of my complaints.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecowgirl
reply to post by HypnoAsp

SO everyone feels the same and yet admin does nothing about it???
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am pretty sure your screaming title will gain some attention. The result may be bittersweet. >Grabs some popcorn< Lets wait & see.......

~Hyp

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Lets all take a breather, shall we folks?

First my dear... I can understand your frusteration however, we gotta remember that the Mod's and as well as all the Staff are Volunteer...They're not Paid, they're here on their free time outside of their regular lives. It takes time for them to get to stuff because this is such a HUGE website.

On the Topic of Proof & Abductions...As long as YOU believe its true, then it is true for YOU. If you want people to believe you - unfortunately - they want proof...

I understand that sometimes Proof is imossible - and this is unfortunate...

- Carrot

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 11/4/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

YOU dont get it. We dont care if anyone believes us or not. We are not the ones screaming where is the proof. The least importance to an abductee is if anyone believes them . They dont actually care because THEY know and they are lived it. This is what non abductees will NEVER understand. Abductees only come to share with other abductees as doing so with anyone else is just an agravation that noone needs.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

You have posted two threads that are exactly the same. Why?

We need a place for Abductees moderated by Abductees

Did you not get the answers you required in the other one? Or do you wish to spend your time here kicking the dirt on staff and/or people who don't agree with you?

If your attempting to change the way ATS runs, then I don't think you will have any luck. We all find things we don't like from time to time on the boards but in general, management have devised a method which works for the majority of the members 99% of the time.

In my experience here, staff are very fair and quite quick to expedite a complaint if valid. However, if you only joined to kick, scream and whine, then it's probably not going to be a positive experience for you.

It's a little presumptuous to join a forum in the expectation that everyone or everything should change to suit you. The idea is to learn how to fit into the pre established culture.

As the saying goes... When in Rome...

IRM

[edit on 4/11/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I Don't get it? Perhaps I don't - but I'll tell you what I do get... I get that everyone has a story to tell and I get that EVERYONE should be allotted the right to tell it.

Now....back to what I DO understand:
- This site is run by volunteers
- Volunteers who have lives
- REAL lives away from this website
- Sometimes, you need to cut them some slack so they can do their job
- Sometimes, you need to WAIT for results.
- Give it time, and your issue will be dealt with; Patience my friend. Patience.

- Carrot

[edit on 11/4/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Apparently you missed the memo about what ATS is about then. Aren't you being a bit on the verge of descrimination to say that a skeptic can't reply to your post? So let me get this right, it's okay for you to come on here and say "oh, I lived through this, and this...", but it's not okay for us to offer an alternative explanation? Why is that? That seems a bit unfair.

So no matter what we're wrong? Why post your opinion on a board such as this then anyway?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

If perfection were reached already, then everyone here would be happy.
If the status quo was a goal worth reaching we would all be dead by now.

Don't be frightened of change and try to be open to the fact there may be people who have good ideas and facillitate a change that is positive for a whole huge segment of society that you may not even have thought of.

So hang loose and be positive. What you are seeing is a ground swell for change and its all for the better.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

If the only thing that was stopping you from achieving your goal of wanting to believe abductees stories was a lack of proof...then please accept you will never ever find that proof as it doesn't exist. So also accept that you will also never believe no matter how much you want to because the proof isnt there. Then you are free of demanding what isn't there and can accept your non believer status and leave abductees free. See? it is a win win situation.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Perfection...

Have you got an Idea about "Perfection" for this site?

I'm sure one of the three Amigos would love to see your Business Plan for Perfect my dear...

This is THEIR playground - we just play here...I'm sure they're open to suggestions...they're a pretty great bunch.

- Carrot

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hissy Fits don't work.

Have a PostBan for a few days. Calm down a bit.

Thread locked..

new topics

top topics

join