It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1m face riot alert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Could be a interesting night. Great oppertunity for funny business.

1m face riot alert

A MILLION people are expected to flock to Barack Obama’s election party tonight in Chicago — sparking fears of gang violence. Police chiefs cancelled leave and fear a riot if the result upsets the crowd. Just 65,000 people will be allowed inside the security cordon at the city’s Grant Park. But hundreds of thousands more are likely to flock outside. Chicago’s former top cop Paul Huebl warned: “There are 7,000 gang members and they aren’t going to miss an opportunity like this. Police officers will be outnumbered and outgunned.” But Mayor Richard Daley urged locals to join the party, saying: “It’ll be wonderful.”

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
"There is no way to protect businesses. Parents and kids are going to think they're going to a party and they're going to end up getting hurt."

Last summer, Grant Park hosted the 'Taste of Chicago' food festival. Four were shot, one fatally.

In 1992, hundreds of police officers were hurt when riots flared during sporting celebrations for the Chicago Bulls.

A year later, when the Bulls triumphed again, there were more riots - this time four people were killed.

There was another riot in Grant Park when pop band Sly and the Family Stone canceled a concert.

/5lqeu3

[edit on 11-4-2008 by LookingAround]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It certainly will be a wild 24 hours. Is that a credible source though? Isn't the sun a tabloid?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wow, one million people is amazing. It would be neat to be a part of. This being said, that many people are capable of anything. If Obama loses, I would not want to be anywhere near this potential mob of angry people.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
It certainly will be a wild 24 hours. Is that a credible source though? Isn't the sun a tabloid?

The "One Million in Attendance" is an estimate I have heard spouted by the Mainstream Media almost all day. As for the Violence, YES, expect it even if Senator Obama wins. Chicago is extremely divided by Race and Gangs. You are talking about the home of the Black Panthers, The Nation of Islam, Folks, People, Domestic Terrorists, etc. New York is an over all tougher City (imho), but Chicago just has some whacked out characters with a LOT of organization, thus producing a LOT of divisiveness. Their Police are not as Disciplined nor as Tough as the NYPD either, so just picture New York City with a PG County, MD type PD, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I have to say, D.C. has some of the BEST Riot Police anywhere, since they mix Local and Federal Authorities so often, and they are not soft-handed when it comes to taking on problems when they pop up (I was in the middle of a Riot there).

Who knows though, maybe the CPD will finally make a good name for themselves.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Oh yeah, and if there is a riot, do not complain if the Police start busting some heads. In situations like that, the Authorities actually need to be aggressive and heavy-handed; so as to quell individual outbreaks of violence before they become a full-fledged riot.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The cops need to bust heads if violence breaks out but you know afterwards there's going to be lawsuits out the Butt claiming they were innocent and the police used excessive force. i wouldn't get within 20 miles of that park even if you paid me.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Yes, it's definitely a tabloid/celebrity magazine. However, to be fair, 'even a broken clock is right twice a day' though.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
this one is not a tabloid:

Toledo Police brace for possible civil unrest

TOLEDO, OHIO -- Toledo police are gearing up for possible "Civil unrest" during and after tomorrow's elections. In an internal memo obtained exclusively by NBC 24 News, officers are ordered to "Have their riot equipment with them Tuesday and Wednesday". Police chief Mike Navarre confirms, officers will have gear similar to the equipment they used during the 2005 race riots. "They have been asked to have their helmets and their gas masks available tomorrow and Wednesday.", Navarre says, "That's the equipment they would not normally carry with them on a normal day". Navarre also says, officers will not be stationed at individual polling stations. But the memo says otherwise. It reads, "On Tuesday, units shall be directed to patrol the polling locations".

www.wnwo.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
MUST READ INTERNAL MEMO:

www.wnwo.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Oh yeah, and if there is a riot, do not complain if the Police start busting some heads. In situations like that, the Authorities actually need to be aggressive and heavy-handed; so as to quell individual outbreaks of violence before they become a full-fledged riot.

Actually, police being TOO aggressive and heavy handed can CAUSE a riot.
When a large group of people see other civilians being beaten, they tend to get "jumpy" and do irrational things.

Individuals can be intelligent, but once you put them into a crowd they get irrational and unpredictable. There's a feeling of anonymity and a feeling of strength that comes with large groups of people, "crowd mentality" takes over and anything can happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Is that a credible source though? Isn't the sun a tabloid?

The TV news is reporting they expect millions in the streets of Chicago.

Business have been ordered closed by 3 pm today.

Firefighters were told to take their equipment home with them - so they could respond to the expected fires and problems straight from their house.

Everyone has been put on alert - police, fire, hospitals ... that kind of thing.

That's what the TV news says anyways.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It dosent matter what the sun says, its still fact that there will be close to a million on the streets, its a coctail for disaster..

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
it is everywhere, can anyone else find memos like this?

www.wnwo.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
martial inspections.. law...?

One specially trained unit of the Illinois National Guard will also be in Grant Park Tuesday. Officially, it is called the "Civil Support Team." The 22-soldier unit inspects for weapons of mass destruction.

abclocal.go.com.../politics&id=6486856

edit for link

"http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/politics&id=6486856"

[edit on 11-4-2008 by LookingAround]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I hope there are riots. The day Obama takes office is the day this counrty takes its' long fall down the hill.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Never mind you're previous post comparing the toughest of NYPD cops and CPD cops. But this bolded remark goes a long way to tell me that you and I care a lot different.

Just so I can be sure I understand, you're saying cops should act out aggressively, even if there is no reason, just to incite fear?

AAC

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Everyone in attendance should bring their "code pink issue" gas masks.

The smell of patchouli should be enough to make a skunk vomit.

Just a joke and a bit of levity in these trying times.
I'm sure the McCain rally will stink of Ivory soap and Old Spice.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The order instructs officers to "familiarize themselves with mass arrest procedures." Some gang, tactical and quick response saturation teams will wear battle dress uniforms. And according to this internal memo, tear gas teams and special weapons units will be ready to go.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
National Guard from Springfield was sent yesterday

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join