It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make clouds disappear with intention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by djpyro21
I don't think it is wise to point out other faults, it only gives rise to tension and anger.

Agreed.

If they lack the spiritual knowledge to understand whether this is true or not is a shame. It should garner compassion and empathy that they have not been fortunate enough to reach such a level of spiritual understanding.

Wow... It seems the opinionated are un-spiritual...

For your information, I spent a LOT of time around pseudo-spiritual people and suffered a lot of stress for my beliefs and opinions.
Is it more spiritual to accept every little quirky fragment of new age rubbish that comes pouring out of the gullible, easily led people?

Or is it more spiritual to challenge everything?

Once again, you have NO idea how my 'spirituality', although I can probably put money on the fact that YOU haven't walked in the shoes of extreme poverty, sat and chatted with lepers or stared death in the face.

Have you ever talked a friend out of commiting suicide?

Whereas, I think the value of human life is FAR more spiritual than sitting in a field and pretending to make clouds dissapear.

A bigger shame is if they have decided to close the gates of understanding since they are satisfied with what they know. Those who loose the desire to understand more of themselves become ignorant and those who are ignorant become angry at those who they perceive as wrong(stupid).

Read my signature.... I like to learn something new every day (well... actually I like to learn something new for every second of my life... I treasure information, knowledge and generally study the beauty of people, life, the universe and everything..... BUT I don't swallow every piece of rubbish that comes my way. I think I am very open minded and try and not walk with the flock. Unlike some people on this very thread.

So if you and I are truly open minded we have to forgive the ignorant individual because no matter if they feel the need to put down others, karmic consequences will do a better job than a retaliatory post can ever do.

As do I. Karma has a habit of biting you in the balls.

My compassion goes out to you mr-lizard, I hope that life smiles upon you and you reach a higher level of spiritual understanding however life decides to hand it you.

Oh wait... you were talking to me..... (See above post)

I too wish you the eternal beams of shining light and may your judgemental approach to others fade into understanding, and i hope one day you quit judging people for having opinions that differ to yours...

Remember karma has a habit of biting you in the balls.

One Love

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I understand your position and I too once had the same.

Even if one could prove changing the weather nobody would believe it, outside of those who had first hand knowledge of the event. That's how strong our beliefs are against such a possibility.

I'm just saying it happens, because I've seen it happen time and time again. One could say that it was going to happen anyway and you were only there to witness it. At some point though when something happens enough times you begin to realize you have an effect.

I suppose if one believes it is hogwash than it is - for them. I suggest if nothing else everyone consider the two-slit experiment.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Thankyou for your toleranbt post and not once did you either try and patronise me or call me unspiritual, which i appreciate...

One question though, and this is directed at all people who believe we can alter cloud formations or alter the weather....

WHY can we not prevent it from raining at outdoor festivals.... Surely [I]IF[/I] one person can move a cloud with their thoughts, then why can't THOUSANDS of people stop it from being cloudy in the middle of summer?

Surely very spiritual new age types visit these festivals to be at one with nature and rejoice in the spirit of human kind, so surely thousands of people focusing on the prevention of bad weather would ultimately have some results???

Yet, we always seem to get rain?

Just a thought...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yeah, that does throw a wrench into the idea huh? Then again maybe not maybe the rain is expected. Have you ever skied or skated and got fixated on an object in your path and thus you happened to run into it? Instead of focusing on the area around the object your worry sent you right into it. Besides maybe the rain was needed so they could have enough food to eat the next month.

Maybe other forces are pushing for rain - sort of a democratic process of all the forces of the earth and the people just lost out that time.

Besides most people believe they are just victims of circumstance and what ever is going to happen, will. Would it be different if they believed or tried to change the weather?

I believe that there are many factors the effect our weather and as human beings we cannot change a clear day to cloudy instantly nor can we push away the rain if it is going to rain.

It's more like if it's is on the verge one way or the other we can be the factor that pushes it to happen.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I knew I should have kept uninvolved, but it would appear that I dug a hole for myself after reading your reply. Though, the reason I dug my own hole was because I didn't spend enough time explaining what I meant. I tend to avoid these types of topics because it is so darn tricky to get across what you mean with such a crude method of communication.

Wow... It seems the opinionated are un-spiritual...

For your information, I spent a LOT of time around pseudo-spiritual people and suffered a lot of stress for my beliefs and opinions.
Is it more spiritual to accept every little quirky fragment of new age rubbish that comes pouring out of the gullible, easily led people?

Or is it more spiritual to challenge everything?

Once again, you have NO idea how my 'spirituality', although I can probably put money on the fact that YOU haven't walked in the shoes of extreme poverty, sat and chatted with lepers or stared death in the face.

Have you ever talked a friend out of commiting suicide?

Whereas, I think the value of human life is FAR more spiritual than sitting in a field and pretending to make clouds dissapear.

Let me begin with a quote, "The mere comprehension of a statement requires the tacit acceptance of it being true"

You can know allot about spirituality just as you can know about science. There are some things in the field of science which are beyond comprehension prior to a certain scientific foundation. The same applies to spirituality. It is a "shame" that people lack the foundation because I don't believe anyone should live without it. The second sentence encourages compassion which is good thing which ever way you look at it.

In response to the qoute:
Most spiritual concepts are abstract and have no single definition but the concept in question has been validated through science and is commonly accepted by the spiritual circles as being true. You are absolutely correct about your approach about being skeptic, but the concept/idea has too much solid independent evidence.

You may or may not be spiritual that was never a question. Spirituality is a new age fad as well as equal rights but we tend to overlook that fact because they are popular at this given moment in history.

I envy you for having those opportunities, they are wonderful things to have experienced.

As far as I understood the video it was an infomercial demonstrating what the human consciousness can do. I don't think it was intended to demonstrate a training technique or to boast how spiritual he was only what we all should be able to do.

Read my signature.... I like to learn something new every day (well... actually I like to learn something new for every second of my life... I treasure information, knowledge and generally study the beauty of people, life, the universe and everything..... BUT I don't swallow every piece of rubbish that comes my way. I think I am very open minded and try and not walk with the flock. Unlike some people on this very thread.

You are a pristine individual walking the spiritual path. You are also correct about avoiding the pathological use of faith(the believe without scientific evidence). I assume just like me you have a huge repository of information, knowledge, and experiences which you have in your head. Any new information that comes your way has verified for conflicts with everything you already know, only then can it be assimilated into the construct of what you hold to be true. Accepting information without verification is foolish just as you say because it will taint your knowledge pool. I personally believe that the more information that I amass the closer to absolute truth I become.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Oh wait... you were talking to me..... (See above post)

I too wish you the eternal beams of shining light and may your judgemental approach to others fade into understanding, and i hope one day you quit judging people for having opinions that differ to yours...

Remember karma has a habit of biting you in the balls.

One Love

I appreciate the humor even though my post clearly sounds like an attack. I tend to be quite random and in no way is that a final paragraph in an essay. The sentence was a one line response to this post while most of the post was general.

Pfffft....

New age crap. The clouds will 'go away' whether you stare at them or not...

It's like saying 'by staring at the trees, i can make the branches blow in the wind'.... or saying 'I can make the water in that river flow by staring at them'...

Ptetentious gullibility at its worst.

Pffffft....

The response was my way of trying to say something nice to those I feel could use it the most. Since you felt the need to be have your opinion read and chose to be negative, I thought I would cheer you up.

You are a very admirable individual, who made a deconstructive post.

In regards to me being judgmental, I try to avoid it at all costs. I apologize if I came across that way.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by djpyro21]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by djpyro21

I apologise for my harshness and i've read and re-read your post.
Thankyou for your words, and now that we've found a nice level, let's appreciate what we can offer in the way of knowledge.

I also apologise to the people i may have offended and will explain my harsh words.

From my experience, pseudo-spirituality is becoming a hype. With this fad comes many mistranslations and pseudo-groups and beliefs that hold little meaning to their origins...

With it come some far fetched beliefs....

This may or may not be one of them....

Anyway, back on topic... I'm going to stay on the side of the fence that disbelieves, but i'll keep an open mind and heart when reading further posts.

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They disperse like every other cloud......nothing special about it......

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I was truly hoping this phenom was not true because I tested it over a year ago (originally quite by accident), and it worked on a regular basis. Soooooo, for many, many months now I did not attempt to do it again and hoping the whole thing was just a fluke, a so-called figment of my imagination. Alas, today I tried the "cloudbusting" thing again and once again, it worked within a matter of a few short minutes. What the devil is going on? I am not a witch and I do not--nor have I ever--claimed any special telekinesis 'powers'. Bah, humbug. Surely this is something everyone is capable of doing????

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Cloudbusting - I've tried that.

It works.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This reminds me of The Men Who Stare at Goats. Here's a clip where George Clooney's character was trying it. Don't do it while driving lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join