It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Grandmother Dies on Eve of Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Simulacra

All thse topics about her death are being used as a platform to announce his inevitable victory, her death is being used as the proxy vehicle for this idea. I don't see any Obama supporters upset over that sad little fact.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HeadFirstForHalos

A very sad day for Obama and i'm sure regardless of some of the disrespectful comments made by others he has all our sympathies.

Given tomorrow may be a very good day for Obama it is very sad his Grandmother never got to see him become president.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
86 eh? 8+6=14, 1+4=5... the number of death.

wasn't grandma Obama the one who spilled the beans about Obama being born in Kenya?

link   

Originally posted by bloodsearch
reply to post by HeadFirstForHalos

Given tomorrow may be a very good day for Obama it is very sad his Grandmother never got to see him become president.

You just proved my point.
Thank you.

link   
reply to post by grover

This is from the "rules"
"This form is for the submission of conspiracy themed or other "alternative topic" news and breaking current events that fit within the topical themes of AboveTopSecret.com."

I am sure it does. Where in my post did I say it was not a sad day for him and his own? I am pointing out a possible conspiracy. Is that now what this forum is for? And then to be told that when someone in my family dies someone will play it up. If it looks like a conspiracy then so be it play it up. When JFK died did people not morun that loss but yet look for the conspiracy? I am shocked that people who come to this board are looking for anything different than a conspiracy. And then coming and attacking me like I am bigoted. Did I ever say anything along those lines?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fattyp
86 eh? 8+6=14, 1+4=5... the number of death.

wasn't grandma Obama the one who spilled the beans about Obama being born in Kenya?

I also read that 86 could mean "ignore" or "get rid of".

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

agreed!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861

This just seems to be timed just right to get some sympathy votes. I know it seems harsh to say but there has been evidence to show that people who are deathly ill do not die before a big event such as a birthday and anniversary. Having your grandson become President would be huge.

Your thoughts?

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You've got to be joking. Right? Please say you're joking.

Edited to add: Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with the Obama family at this very difficult time.

Timed to get sympathy votes

Ok, I'll bite. Where did you get your information that all people who die of cancer always wait until a major family event is over with?

[edit on 11/3/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow that is sad. Obama himself credits her above all others as being responsible for his opportunity to succeed!! You raised a good boy Toots!

There are many unsung heroes out there... mothers and grandmothers that hold us on their shoulders and let us reach for the stars! God rest her soul!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
First of all, I thought it was common logic to punish a post, instead of a thread, when a post of a troll/jerk interrupts the overall discussion and steers the thread off-topic, I say this because two previous threads were closed and it’s inevitable that this thread will be closed too, and frankly it gives trolls the power to hijack innocent threads, which defeats the purpose of civility and logics, and ruin the whole discussion. What sense is that?

Second, if you feel like mourning for the troops, or other people who die, then you should probably create another thread for that person, it has NO purpose here, and is 100% off-topic spam - Who mourns for who has nothing to do with the death of Obama’s grandmother, unless it’s about the grandmother herself since that’s what this thread is about. I personally see this as derailing and a way for hateful members to express themselves. I mourn for the troops, and I mourn for my loss ones, but do you see me comparing that to the death of Obama’s grandmother? Get real! It’s low and lame. There are millions of threads where we report the death of troops, and other individuals of society, who are given their respects and sympathies, why can’t this thread whole decency in the same rite, and as far as facts, there are NO political motives, and NO connections of conspiracy whatsoever, his grandmother died of cancer, is it so unreal and rare that demands such ridicule and disrespect?

However, there’s a very positive side-effect from these outrageous and rude comments, we can successfully identify the immoral, unethical, and extremely obnoxious members of ATS, which the ulterior, will help us inform ourselves when we roam these forums. There’s really no reason or fact that should justify such disrespect, as far as public knowledge permits. It’s fueled by one’s own agendas and political motives, which has been frowned-upon by the moderators and administrators; still free speech allows these actions to persist. You can’t force morals, ethics, or decency on a man, but you can eventually use this to your own protection from such rude beasts. Deny ignorance.

Thumbs-down for hatred, ignorance, and disrespect

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I say this makes total sense, from a psychological perspective. Think about it...closure allows one to let go and pass on. Let me explain...

As an ailing grandparent, most have an instinct to "hold on" to life so as to be able to watch over their family, so-to-speak. It is hard to let go.

But from Toot's perspective, she must have been very proud of her grandson, knowing from the polls that he is the favored candidate to win, and perhaps to her it didn't matter if he won tomorrow. Knowing how much he achieved was enough for her. It could even be possible that in her heart she knew he was already a winner, no matter what the outcome of the election.

I say it would be a perfect time to pass - before the big day. Before the world changes.

Bitter sweet.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My condolences to Obama and his family.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

Isnt that the same woman that was going to talk about obaba's past and said she wouldnt do so untill after the election???

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

No, that was his aunt!

Originally posted by fattyp

No, they were talking about his grandmother in Kenya then.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Your post made me cry... Well, added to the sadness so many people are feeling today.

My mother died on the day before my father's birthday. So sometimes, they just can't wait. I wonder if, on some level, "Toot" wanted to get it out of the way so she wouldn't die ON election day or in the middle of his celebration (IF he wins). She had already said her goodbyes to him and maybe just wanted to "lighten the load" so to speak...

My thoughts are with the Obama and Dunham families.

"She's the one who taught me about hard work," he said. "She's the one who put off buying a new car or a new dress for herself so that I could have a better life. She poured everything she had into me."

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My condolences to Obama and his family, it hurts big time to lose your Grandma.

Roper

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
God help the people that post on ATS. I've been with the boards for 4 years, have seen several biggoted statements, hell even endured a skinhead invasion of our ATS boards for a couple of months.

But nothing, nothing this low.

You mean except for when a conservative or republican dies like Tony Snow or Reagan.

There has never been a more disgusting display of hatred on this board like when Tony Snow died. The comments were outrageous.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
He doesn't get my vote, but he does get my sympathy and my prayers at this time of great sadness for him and his family.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join