It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being prepped for a McCain win?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
don't believe the drivel of lies; polls don't mean a thing; hell, the MSM even tries to call elections based on exit polls on election day ---

like this whole thing isn't rigged...! Obama has been knighted, and McCain is playing a role, propping up the 'other side' for the faux-2-party system..

the only thing we can do is support Baldwin, hoping that there are any local polling stations left out there that are still trying to do honest work, and he can gather enough votes to turn up on some of the MSM results; that's the only way anyone would ever take notice...

oh well... either way, Obama is a foregone conclusion; all we can really do is get on his butt when he takes office..

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Incorrect. The electorates in only 38 states are required to vote along with the popular vote, meaning the electorates in the other 12 are free to swing either way. This is how Bush won in 2000. Al Gore did have the popular vote. This is also how Obama was elected as the Democratic candidate as Hilary Clinton outnumbered him in popular votes.

Um...my memory must be failing me. I don't recall any electors not voting with their state's popular vote. Bush won in 2000 because he won enough states to get a majority of the electoral votes, not because any states swayed against the popular vote. In close elections, it's actually really easy for a losing candidate to win the popular vote and nine times out of ten it's going to be the democratic candidate.

The reason it happens is because every state is guaranteed 3 electoral votes, no matter how small. So, a state like Wyoming gets 3 electoral votes for it's 515,000 people, that's one vote for 171,666 people. A large state like California, with 36,458,000 people gets 55 electoral votes. That's 662,872 people per vote. You can see how a bunch of low population states going for one candidate while a bunch of big population states go for the other candidate can result in a lopsided popular vote.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join