It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spirits communicating through Polaroids!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm on the fence about this. One of the photos looks really fake. The one with the white ectoplasm and 3 black spots making a face.....it seemed like they got the idea from some kids halloween costume. If it's real or not it seems friendly. It kind of reminds me of Casper.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Cool thread!

As far as why didnt the reporter bring a camera and try to capture it? Reporters usually just show up.. They dont care to bring any proof, matter of fact if it wouldnt have worked it would have taken away from the money or status of the story... With that said, its better for them to not try and get proof, better to take the story as is so nothing can make it less profitable. . . . .So I would not use that to debunk this situation.

On the hand of debunking, why not someone close try and see if these people will let you come and bring a polaroid yourself and film it? Still some people would say that wouldnt matter but for some of us it would pull more attention to the fact that it MIGHT be something real.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I saw this in a documentary a while back. I'm on the fence!
If real, this is a mind-blower for sure.
I like how the "ghost" left a message: "I'm here for you", like he would
protect or assist the people in the house.
There's something about the heavy-set guy that seems a tad suspicious, like he may be hoaxing this.
It's just so out-there. I REALLY want this to be true!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by neil a

Unless someone can perform analysis of the polaroid (which are notorious for all kinds of weird flaws), and rule out such flaws, saying it's a ghost is not that rational. Heck, even if the flaws are ruled out, it might be an atmospheric disturbance, a localised cold-spot causing humidity to condense.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And a polaroid is not extraordinary evidence.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

And the humidity condensing is causing words to form?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalSteve

Something that might look like words, sure. Or it could just be a big hoax.

So far there is no evidence this is anything out of the ordinary at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I'd lean more towards hoax then some type of atmospheric phenomena creating characters that look identical to words.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
on halloween me and my friends went to a cemetary and took some pictures with our camera phones (they had flashes) on one of the pictures there seems to b like some sort of vortex coming from a headstone, and in the background if u zoom in u can clearly see two people kneeling beside a grave, it is so clear u can see a mans face with beard

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NATRAsleep
on halloween me and my friends went to a cemetary and took some pictures with our camera phones (they had flashes) on one of the pictures there seems to b like some sort of vortex coming from a headstone, and in the background if u zoom in u can clearly see two people kneeling beside a grave, it is so clear u can see a mans face with beard

You should post this picture NATRA.

I remember hearing about the Polaroid "ghost" a loooonnggg time ago and I can't believe that this is the first time it has appeared on the forum. I'm surprised that this is still an active phenomenon. Then again, it looks like most of the videos are fairly old. Here is a recent article I found on the topic:

www.ghosttheory.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NATRAsleep

i'd like to see those pics!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I just thought I would bring this up because it will answer so many of the questions that everyone seems to have about this. Back in September these guys were on Darkness Radio talking about the whole experience. That is them in the youtube videos. I'm not too sure what I think of it all myself, but this interview really makes me learn towards believing it.

It aired on 9-21-08 and can be found here: Darkness Radio Podcasts

To find it quickly, just do a page search of the word polaroid. It's a little over half of the page down.

[edit on 11/7/2008 by glitch88]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Perhaps the use of certain chemical applied to the film before usage would account for these writings.

Scripted questions along with scripted answers either done solely or with a group.

Other occurrences proclaimed on this thread must provide veritable proof in order to be taken seriously.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by socrates271

as was shown in the video, new film was opened out of the package and loaded into the camera.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join