It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto buys Aly Participacoes - Will it be our fuel supplier in the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Monsanto buys Aly Participacoes - Will it be our fuel supplier in the future?

www.bizjournals.com

"Similar to our work with technology collaborators, we expect the additions of CanaVialis and Alellyx will allow us to combine our breeding expertise with key large-acre crops with their breeding expertise in sugarcane.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
g1.globo.com
br.news.yahoo.com

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Monsanto has already bought one of the largest corn seed company in 2007. They already stated that their intention is to produce a new transgenic (genetically modified) corn seed. For fuel? Yes, that too...

Now they bought the leading company in Sugar-Cane business around here.

"Global demands for raw sugar and biofuels are beginning to rise at a faster pace than the current production levels in sugarcane, a crop that is essential to meeting these demands," said Carl Casale, executive vice president of global strategy and operations for Monsanto, in a statement.

Large crops of NATURAL sugar-cane are already a problem. The crops drain so much nutrients from the soil that after so many harvests nothing else grows on it absent some real chemical fertilizer treatment on the soil. Imagine how "hungry" those Genetic Modified Sugar-Cane will be.

That is one evil company, if you ask me...

Peace

PS.: I have added some links for the news in Portuguese.

www.bizjournals.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Riding on the back of the green horse, no less. Save the environment by pollution, to hell with reality.

Did I read in a published study that corn fuels cause MORE carbon dioxide pollution than antiquated fossil fuels? Fuel crops "seem" more environmentally sound but at what cost? Oil spill = dead stuff, stripping out a forest for a chemical field = disaster. I don't care what the bastards behind this want us to think, they aren't fooling us.

Oh, why doesn't the government buy patents for things that will help out national problems? Oh, right...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If you are wondering who Monsanto is or what its goals are, you should watch "The World according to Monsanto".

Here is part 1 of 10.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join