It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween as Satanic Holiday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I heard from bus drive in San Jose that Halloween is a Satanic holiday. I was carious if anyone had evidents to support this thoery. Plus I heard that humen sacrifices happen on this day. I so hoping someone could give more evidents. Thanks

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Halloween is NOT a satanic holiday. It was created by the Celts.

Modern day Christians like to skew everything that doesn't directly involve Jesus into some sort of satanic cult. Sorry Christians just because it's not a Christian holiday that doesn't mean it's satanic.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I heard from bus drive in San Jose that Halloween is a Satanic holiday. I was carious if anyone had evidents to support this thoery. Plus I heard that humen sacrifices happen on this day. I so hoping someone could give more evidents. Thanks

Halloween is actually about the dead, not satan. In fact the only thing that ties satan at all to the history of halloween is the jack-o-lantern. The name can be traced back to the irish legend of stingy jack, a story about a farmer, and the devil putting a curse on him.

Wiki Halloween/Symbols

[edit on 3-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Sorry Christians just because it's not a Christian holiday that doesn't mean it's satanic.

No actually that's exactly what it means. The Celts believed the spirits of the dead came out and they left sacrifices to appease them. The scriptures are clear that the dead do not roam the earth, so it is probably demonic phenomenon if anything a all. Necromancy is also expressly forbidden as evil. So yes it is of Satanic origin and it is also a clever way to introduce children into occult practice by making it seem like fun time.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Alex Jones was talking about it the other day as an invention of Madison Ave. as a way to make money for business. I guess it was based on something, but it existing in the form that we know now, is rather recent.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

See your projecting Christian beliefs onto another religion. The Celts believed that spirits did walk the earth. This did not necessarily make them evil it made them spirits walking the earth.

Halloween is not a Satanic holiday. It's a Celtic holiday. They did not leave sacrifices, they left offerings, there is a difference.

Next your gonna tell me they left human sacrifices to appease Satan and his minions on thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Next your gonna tell me they left human sacrifices to appease Satan and his minions on thanksgiving.

Thats not fair at all. Satan likes turkey just like everyone else. Don't be ridiculous. LMAO!!!! The pilgrims were satanists too!

To whammy, yes, you are correct, Halloween is just a holiday satan created to recruit children to be satanists, and the Celts were in on it.

Hahahhaahhha!!! This thread has gotten interesting.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wukky is absolutely right about the origins of Halloween, or Samhain, to give it it's correct name. It's the festival that celebrates the Pagan New Year, when the harvest is in and we stock up for winter...in this part of the world, we need to hibernate, almost. The return of the sun is celebrated at Yule, the Winter Solstice, when the days start to get longer again, and we can look forward to spring. Both festivals were bastardised by Christians into Halloween and Christmas because it suited them, and oppressed us. Samhain is also the time of year when the veil between the worlds is at it's thinnest and is therefore ideal for communicating with ancestors, and divination for the year ahead. Again, as Wuk said...no sacrifices, only offerings...the way we do it now includes food, flowers, milk and honey, crystals...that kind of thing.

I believe the Satanic connotations result from yet another attempt by Christians to suppress us...we have no interest in the creation called Satan by the Christian world...most pagans don't even recognise that he exists, and he is certainly not a threat. There are dark energies out there, I know, but nothing compared to the worst workings of the Christian Church.

Pentagrams, usually held up as a Satanic symbol by those who don't know, are a positive pagan symbol...the five points represent the 5 elements...earth, air, fire, water and spirit...in the shape of man with his head held upwards towards the Divine. Inverted pentagrams have a weaker, less positive meaning, as you can imagine. Pagans do not worship Satan...Christian obsessed Satanists worship Satan, and they have nothing to do with Halloween.

And necromancy...who said it was wrong? The Bible? Are you suggesting that I accept the word of the Christian Bible over my own spiritual laws which tell me that it's fine to talk to the dead if you are careful and respectful?

Cait

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
we have no interest in the creation called Satan by the Christian world

That line pretty much sums it up for me. How can halloween, which originated as samhian from the celts, become satans holiday, when satan doesn't even exist to the celts?

If there is any evidence that halloween is a satanic holiday, it would purely be directly from the christans/catholics themselves.

No suprise there, they discriminate against anything that doesn't fit in with their own beliefs.

Great post, stared.

Satan does throw killer halloween party though.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Schism....I'm sure I was at that party....lol! Thank you for the star, and I'm trying to avoid playing "Throw the Christian to the Pagans", but I just get all riled up when I hear this pile of devil-turnip-rot trotted out every damn year by people who can't be bothered to find out for themselves what it really means.

A lot of the mistaken beliefs about witches, pagans and Satan can be traced back to the Malleus Maleficarum, or Hammer of the Witches, written by 2 Dominican monks in the 15th C, which gives full instructions to inquistors about how to identify and prosecute witches. The belief that witches worshipped and were given power by Satan started here...from Christian monks under Papal instruction...and not with pagans.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Cait

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey, I thought I saw you there.
Thank you for the good info. Stared again. It is just complete bs to take halloween so out of context like that. I don't understand the logic in it. To say that it is just a way to get kids into the occult is absolutely ridiculous, and baseless.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

See your projecting Christian beliefs onto another religion.

Absolutely and unapologetically so. If you believe in a thing called truth, then what is true holds in all situations. A Biblical Christian world view is what I hold to be true. I am going to use it as the bench mark for truth. Any "religion" that contradicts Biblical truth is false. False religion is a tool of Satan, so yes practicing Celtic necromancy rites and indoctrinating children into them with candy is occult and Satanic.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

See your projecting Christian beliefs onto another religion.

Absolutely and unapologetically so. If you believe in a thing called truth, then what is true holds in all situations. A Biblical Christian world view is what I hold to be true. I am going to use it as the bench mark for truth. Any "religion" that contradicts Biblical truth is false. False religion is a tool of Satan, so yes practicing Celtic necromancy rites and indoctrinating children into them with candy is occult and Satanic.

False religion is a tool of satan?
What about false logic? It is false logic to believe that christians are the only ones who have it right, and everyone else in the world that believes anything even slightly different than you is satanic? I actually think the whole body of christ thing is a little creepy myself, should that make you satanic in my eyes? That is the kind of thinking that pushes the human race back a few centuries.

Listen to reason.

Indoctrinating children. Hahahhahah! [in deep voice] With some candy, costumes, and monster mashing, I satan will capture all the little childrens souls! Broohahahahahh!!!
You are too much Big Whammy!

[edit on 5-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It's a shame that you have such a one dimensional take on this....of course what you feel to be truth is your truth, but claiming it to be only kind of truth and superior to all others is naive and arrogant...not really much use in a peacful multicultural world either. I would suggest that there are many different kinds of truth, depending on our viewpoint, and what we can learn most from.

You seem to be missing major points here. Let me make the main points again, and you are welcome to challenge me till we reach understanding.

Paganism is not a religion. It's a spiritual path. It has no leader on Earth, such as the Pope, and doesn't not rely on organised groups...it's perfectly easy, and in fact common, to be a solitary pagan, with a very personal relationship to the Divine.

It's a flawed view of other's right to spiritual freedom to see their views as "false" simply because they do not match yours, and a HUGE and innacurate generalisation to mark us all as worshippers of Satan....

And Satan....we have already said that we do not even recognise him. How can we worship that which we do not recognise?

"Biblical" truth is a complete contradiction, in my opinion. A little time spend researching the history of the Bible, who it's authors were, how many books have been omitted, how it has been used so often as propaganda, and how many contradictions are contained within it will start to show you that although you have a perfect right to accept it as *your* truth, you cannot hold it up to the rest of us a totally complete spiritual manifesto, because we will kick holes in it.

My personal view is that the Bible is a very carefully edited and managed piece of propaganda what has been written and rewritten over many centuries, translated and copied by many different people, and will probably contain very little of Jesus Christ's original teaching. I do believe that there was a prophet Jesus, by the way...a teacher and ascended master, who was here with us with a fine lesson...namely compassion, love and understanding....not intolerance, ignorance and religious arrogance.

And finally, as for necromancy, I bellieve it's as natural as breathing, and see no reason to be scared of it. I know how mediumship works, how hard it can be to do, and have no fear of it. That's the Celtic way. Necromancy doesn't have to be a rite or a ritual, by the way...it can be part of everyday life too, and frequently is. Why should I fear my grandmothers visiting me, or my cousins?

I suspect you will take my criticism of your personal treatment of us as a slight against your spiritual beliefs, but please understand that it is not. I have no problem with religious beliefs that harm no-one else, but with the superiority complexes that frequently accompany them. Pagans have absolutely NO interest in indoctrinating children or anyone else for that matter. Samhain is a festival for us all, and the creepy false personality of it has surfaced relatively recently as a marketing tool, and as a way of denegrating something that is sacred to the pagan world, by dismissing it as devil worship.

Actually, going back to the OP, I can't fathom how someone would take the word of a guy in the street effectively, about what Halloween truly represents, before talking to the people who genuinely celebrate it.

Cait

[edit on 5-11-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So I am wrong again huh? Don't worry. I am used to hearing it.

I really wish people would take time and learn before spouting. It isn't Satanic in the least. We don't raise the dead we just revere them. Besides, I really wish as well that people would maybe learn the compassion part. Learning about Paganim doesn't make you a Pagan.

Ah well...what are you gonna do?

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Your confusing biblical belief with truth, which historically is a dangerous thing. What I have shown is the actual truth. The history of this holiday. What you have skewed it with is belief.

Belief is not truth. Belief is belief. One should hold onto one's belief but not mistake it for truth.

Scientists believe that we evolved from lower primates. This is a belief not necessarily the truth. Christians believe a omnipotent deity created man from dirt and a woman from a rib. This is belief not necessarily the truth.

Celts believed that spirits walked the earth on samhain. A belief, not the truth.

Obama won the election last night, this is the truth. It's not a belief because it's backed up by the fact that Obama won the election.

The same can be said of Halloween. The truth is that Halloween occurs every October 31st. This is truth. Other than that, it's belief.

It is the truth that the Celts invented Samhain. It is their belief that spirits walk the earth and can be appeased with offerings. See the difference?

To mistake your belief with the truth is not only short sighted, narrow minded, and bigoted. It's offensive to those that hold different beliefs than you.

I don't think that Jesus preached "go throughout the world and preach bigotry and hate to every living creature."

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Belief is not truth. Belief is belief. One should hold onto one's belief but not mistake it for truth.

And, imo, that is the problem with some religions. They hold their religion to be the absolute truth. And NOT a belief. Truths cannot be changed, but beliefs can. That is the beauty with beliefs vs truth.

I think that was the point being conveyed in the movie dogma.

new topics

top topics

join