It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Wars? Col. John Alexander Interview – COMING SOON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Johnny and Dave met John Alexander at the recent 2008 Bay Area UFO Expo. Not only did they get to meet John and his wife Victoria, but John and Dave had a very special conversation about their experiences while both were in Vietnam. This is going to be an awesome interview so please post your questions for Dr. Alexander here.

For Articles & Books please GOOGLE: John B. Alexander

John B. Alexander, Ph.D. BIO

Dr. John Alexander has been a leading advocate for the development of non-lethal weapons since he created renewed interest in the field starting in 1989. In 2003 he served as a mentor to Afghan Ministry of Defense senior officials through the Office of Military Cooperation – Afghanistan, (Coalition Forces) Kabul. He has traveled to ALL of the continents on Earth. In 2005 he trekked the remote areas of Tibet including the Mount Everest Base Camp, Timbuktu in the Sahel in West Africa and more recently returned from tracking mountain gorillas in Rwanda.

He entered the US Army as a private in 1956 and rose through the ranks to sergeant first class, attended OCS, and was a colonel of Infantry in 1988 when he retired. During his varied career, he held many key positions in special operations, intelligence, and research and development. From 1966 through early 1969 he commanded Special Forces “A” Teams in Vietnam and Thailand. His last military assignment was as Director, Advanced System Concepts Office, US Army Laboratory Command. After retiring from the Army, Dr. Alexander joined Los Alamos National Laboratory where he was instrumental in developing the concept of Non-Lethal Defense. As a program manager, he conducted non-lethal warfare briefings at the highest levels of government including the White House Staff, National Security Council, Members of Congress, Director of Central Intelligence, and senior Defense officials. He also met with heads of industry, presented at academic institutions, including Columbia, Harvard and MIT. In 2004 he was invited to address the German Bundestag. In 2005 he went to The Hague and addressed international delegates to the Chemical Warfare Convention.

Dr. Alexander organized and chaired six major conferences on non-lethal warfare and served as a US delegate to four NATO studies on the topic. As a member of the first Council on Foreign Relations non-lethal warfare study, he was instrumental in influencing the report that is credited with causing the Department of Defense to create a formal Non-Lethal Weapons Policy in July 1996. He was a distinguished guest lecturer at the US Air Force Air University and has advised the CIA, US Special Operations Command, and the National Intelligence Council.

Dr. Alexander wrote the seminal material on non-lethal warfare. He published articles in Harvard International Review, Jane’s International Defense Review, The Boston Globe, The Futurist, The Washington Post, and several other journals. Articles about him and his work can be found in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Newsweek, The Sunday Times (London), Panorama (Italy), Konrad (Germany), The LA Times, Wired Magazine, GQ, Scientific American, the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, and many others. He has appeared frequently on television including Dateline, Fox News, Larry King, CNN, MSNBC, Newsweek, and other US programs plus international television in Australia, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the UK, and Japan.

Academically, he holds a M.A., Pepperdine University, Ph.D., Walden University, and later attended the Anderson School of Management at UCLA, the Sloan School of Management at MIT, and the Kennedy School of Government general officer program “National and International Security for Senior Executives” at Harvard University. In addition to many military awards for valor and service, Aviation Week & Space Technology selected him as a 1993 Aerospace Laureate and in 1997 inducted him into the Hall of Fame at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington. He received a Department of Energy Award of Excellence for the Nuclear Weapons Program in 1994, and is listed in Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, American Men and Women of Science, and in 2001 was named to the OCS Hall of Fame at Ft. Benning, Georgia. During 2001 and 2002 he was a member of the National Research Council Committee for Assessment of Non-Lethal Weapons Science and Technology.

Currently he is a private consultant, a Senior Fellow at the Joint Special Operations University, a Fellow with Proteus at the Army War College, and with the Army Science Board. His books include, The Warrior’s Edge, Wm. Morrow, (1990) Future War, with foreword by Tom Clancy, St. Martin’s Press (1999), and the sequel, Winning the War, published August 2003.

Everest Base Camp - Tibet

Dave Rabbit & John Alexander At Bay Area

[edit on 11/23/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

[edit on 11/26/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hello Dr Alexander,

I was curious about a couple of things:

1) Can you tell us if there is any more news on the audio-based deterrants?

2) Are are any interesting ideas that are on the horizon that you can talk about? is there new technology that we've not seen used in a particular way before, or is it all just adaptations on old concepts?

I really appreciate you taking the time out of your very busy schedule to have this talk with the ATSMIX show, and look forward to hearing more from you.

Looks like I have some new books to buy too!!

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Greetings Doctor Alexander,

1 - My question regards combined active denial systems and implementation : how is the use of non-lethal devices being incorporated into a multi-faceted and mixed ranged and close quarters determent operation for simultaneous deployment?
2 - In regards to that, are any systems in development or completed that are successful in large area denial?
3 - Further, has any new research into non-destructive methods for naval warfare been done recently? (In light of the pirates of late.)

I say with humility and respect that you are exactly the type of man I wish I had the chance to be, and I thank you for your service to SpecFor and our nation.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hello Dr Alexander,

I hope this doesn't sound to childish, as it isn't meant to be, but how close are we to hand held nerve disruptor type weapons, not humveee mounted "pain rays" but actually pistol based "pain ray" guns?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello Doctor

Thanks for this opportunity to ask you questions.

Is permanent damage to people a distinct possibility with every form of non lethal weaponry employed today?

Is duration or degree of pain a factor of design or is it left to the discretion of the user?

Lastly, is it likely that at some point passive devices will be implemented into the public citizenry or property which can be remotely activated for the non lethal purpose of preventing crime, or quelling the disorderly?

Thanks again!

[edit on 11/5/2008 by LockwithnoKey]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi!

I was wondering if there was any information on the government Radio Frequncies to directly affect the human physiology.

Is there any information on 'Voice To Head' technologies?

Are you aware of any use of 'covert hypnosis' in the civilian population?

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hello Sir,

Thank you for your time. When reading about these less lethal weapons I always wonder what happens when one is deployed against a child, woman or person of smaller stature. How do you find the happy medium, enough pain to encourage compliance in a large man, but not powerful enough to severely harm a child?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've always wondered why our military can't simply use non-lethal knock out gas to
immobilize a suspected target?

Wouldn't it be better to capture suspected cells for their potential intelligence, rather than to
destroy possible critical evidence and to retain our moral high ground when it comes to
the innocent?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hey john I would like to know what your thoughts are on the men who "stare at goats" and the people involved in it in todays war on terror cheers se7en

New Age pentacle in the Pentagon cabal bent on transforming Special Forces soldiers into "warrior monks" who can walk through walls, become invisible, and kill goats (and presumably the enemy, even if they are not goats) just by staring at them. These wannabe paranormal super-soldiers are responsible for the cruel and inhuman torture of prisoners in Iraq by playing the Barney the Purple Dinosaur song and all-girl Fleetwood Mac covers around the clock, and are implicated in the Waco massacre, the Abu Ghraib prison scandal, and the Heaven's Gate suicides, and have "re-activated" Uri Geller in the War on Terror.

goats coast to coast

[edit on 22/11/2007 by SE7EN]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Greetings.

Since all things have a resonance of a given frequency, be it organic or not, isnt it reasonable to conclude that these devices are already in exsistance, and have been in exsistance for a very long time thanks to some of Tesla's documents were confiscated and witheld, and that these devices are easily disquised to appear like harmless things to an easily persuaded populace who wouldnt know a hole in the ground vs a hole in their head????

Thank you.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hello Dr Alexander, during the DNC in DENVER this year there was talk/rumors of a "poop machine" that was to be used to disperse crowds--the idea being, once you pooped your pants, you did not feel like protesting. Is the poop machine real? (There were no reports of an actual poop machine being used).

Basically, I am scared of the poop machine and never want to be around one, but that is just me, since I have little need/desire for undergarments.

new topics

top topics

join