It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incarcerex - the Wonder Drug of Politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I found this from the drugpolicy alliance - it is rather relavant ultimately - give it a chance. The issue is massive as we are the most imprisoned people on earth. How can the current way of dealing with drugs be considered good by anyone other than those building the prisons? The Rockefeller Laws are an outrageous assault on common sense, imo. Anyway, hope you enjoy and perhaps it will get some dialog going.

www.liveleak.com...

www.drugpolicy.org...

ColoradoJens

[edit on 2-11-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Not a single glance eh? I thought this may provoke some discussion regarding the issue of using tougher laws on non-violent crimes to fill our prisons.

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Two weeks old and not one hit. Maybe the title isn't enticing - regardless that the current round of voting is over, the issue still stands as important and I think this vidoe does a good job of explaining that - here's to hoping someone sees' it!

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
it is a funny video...and sadly true one too.
between economic collapse, NWO and FED actions,
other subjects become almost secondary.
however, policies mentioned will likely see some
support from upcoming government as part of
"open society" regime.

just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Yea dude. I have read of many arrests in which this unfair sting goes down.

Very evil in my opinion and the law needs to be changed.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Thanks for the reply. An interesting thing is how we watch as this happens, slowly, and then it is simply ingrained into an acceptance of sorts. I find it doubly sad that the people who make money off of this sytem are often those who are lobbying for stiffer penalties. IMO, as eventhorizon stated, the idea of "helping" prisoners is not neccessarily politically expedient. Hopefully, this can be discussed with the truth in the open. We have truly created a subculture.

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

join