It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi females suffer in US custody ? (Video of victim)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Iraqi females suffer in US custody ? (Video of victim)

www.presstv.ir

Hundreds of Iraqi women are being held under humiliating conditions in the US custody in Iraq, without being charged, a report indicates.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Video:

mms://217.218.67.244/presstv/20081102/OUTPUT_19-11-00-SNG-WISAM-BAGHADA.wmv

Related News Links:
www.religiousconsultation.org
www.brusselstribunal.org
www.shalomctr.org

[edit on 053030p://3674 by Allred5923]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have not seen this talked about here, and with another thread the indicates the US female military are being raped and humiliated as well, there could be some serious Human rights being violated here.
Though I do hope it is only propaganda for the military sake, it is something that is truly unnerving and very despicable to say the very least.
When thing's like this occur, which they have with past wars, it is hard not to think of the innocent and victimised people of the wars.
This is an excerpt of a document that I cannot get a site location, but if you type "Sexual violence to Iraqi women" you will find the site.

INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Prepared by
Kristen McNutt, Researcher, Association of Humanitarian Lawyers
Presented to
The United Nations
Commission on Human Rights
2005 Session
March
Geneva
Iraqi female detainees have been illegally detained, raped and sexually violated by United States military personnel. Women who stay at home in traditional roles are more likely to be imprisoned as bargaining chips by US troops seeking to pressurize male relatives, according to the New Statesmen (UK) . In December 2003, a woman prisoner, “Noor”, smuggled out a note stating that US guards at Abu Ghraib had been raping women detainees and forcing them to strip naked. Several of the women were now pregnant. The classified enquiry launched by the US military, headed by Major General Antonio Taguba, has confirmed the note by “Noor” and that sexual violence against women at Abu Ghraib took place. Among the 1,800 digital photographs taken by US guards inside Abu Ghraib there were, according to Taguba's report, images of naked male and female detainees; a male Military Police guard “having sex” with a female detainee; detainees (of unspecified gender) forcibly arranged in various sexually explicit positions for photographing; and naked female detainees. The Bush administration has refused to release photographs of Iraqi women prisoners at Abu Ghraib, including those of women forced at gunpoint to bare their breasts (although these have been shown to Congress). UK Member of Parliament Ann Clwyd (L) has confirmed a report of an Iraqi woman in her 70s who had been harnessed and ridden like a donkey at Abu Ghraib and another coalition detention centre after being arrested last July. Clwyd said: "She was held for about six weeks without charge. During that time she was insulted and told she was a donkey."

This has been happening for sometime, and if it is not halted in it's tracks, the over views of the USA by such different countries, it will surely be a "Earned" black-eye.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sounds like alot of America hating propoganda.
I don't believe a word of it.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by deathhasnosound]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What about human rights in there own damn country's??
Why do foreigners care so much about Iraq human rights when where they live people are constantly treated like animals in Prisons and Police stations.
This is what I don't understand.
There is just as much human rights abuses where you live right now, as there is in Iraq.
Yet why is no one campaigning for that?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
That article is 3 years old?

Not the Presstv release, it was just disclosed today at approx. 2:30 pm CST.
The other links are past ones to show how long this kind of humiliation has been going on.
And there is a video of the victims on the Press T.V. website that I have posted.
Look into the article that is at the top, the rest was just back study to see if there was any clout to this being factual.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

I realized that after I posted so I edited it.
Anyways I don't believe it. The issues that did arise 3 years ago were taken care of immediately.
And since then I find it very difficult to believe that anything else has happened.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

There is just as much human rights abuses where you live right now, as there is in Iraq.
Yet why is no one campaigning for that?

I really don'think you have a true idea of what the Iraqi people do to their own, my brother in law is from the middle-east and was a police officer for his providence and he has adamantly stated that the police of the middle-east are not like that at all.
As for the situation here in the USA, I think it gets brought to light and dealt with post haste. Though the legal and litigation process takes longer, the incident still has a representing voice to wrong a right as best as possible, but still brought to public attention none the less.

There are basically Muslim, Christian and Jewish religions floating through Iraq, and the true practicing religious sect's absolutely forbid an act against women of a sexual attack of the rape nature.
There are acts that take place with their own people of rape and murder, but they do have their own laws and punishments to deal with such individuals, and getting caught can get you anything from long periods of prison to being stoned to death.
I know their laws are a bit out dated, but they do respect their women by way of the Koran.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I do agree this is happening, there is also images and videos of children as young as 8 being abused/raped by US personel, only to prevent public outcry and rage against the occupation, the material has been suppressed.

It does not suprise me, it has happened in almost every war in history, women are among the spoils of war, they are treated like some possession.

Heck there was even the story of a US citizen who was contracted by Haliburton, she was detained in a cargo container and repeatedly raped by Mercs. Finally she got a sympathetic guard to let her make a phone call to her parents, they contacted the police and eventually they had the Iraqi consulate/embassy locate and secure her release, I belive she was given a massive payout to keep her mouth shut!

There is little anyone can do to stop this, untill the occupation is over with, there will always be such stories emerging. The US has already suffered its black eye, in the form of majority of the non western world having hate and contempt for them.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's a really good thing I wasn't suddenly put in charge. I'd administer advanced CIA methods to discover truth, whether courts approved of them or not, and mysteriously arrange for castrations to occur.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

It does not suprise me, it has happened in almost every war in history, women are among the spoils of war, they are treated like some possession.

And that is why I am flabbergasted at the fact we have not matured in the ranks of our military and political upheavals that would not want to end such atrocities of war.

Here's a page and website that I had found that really talks about all the events of the occupation all the way back to 2004 until present 2008.
It is quite informative and very disturbing as well. Of course I could not read all of the logged incidences but there are literally dozens and dozens of entries.
Here's one:

Torture and Prison Abuse in Iraq

In April 2004, the New Yorker magazine revealed the "systematic and illegal abuse of detainees," including torture and degrading treatment, by US interrogators and guards at Abu Ghraib prison, outside Baghdad. Since then, many reports have established US mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners, and published hundreds of gruesome photographs taken by prison guards. These reports (some produced by the Pentagon) have exposed the widespread abuse and torture of detainees and a number of deaths under detention and interrogation, as well as the hiding of prisoners from International Committee of the Red Cross inspectors.

World public opinion has condemned the mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners by US soldiers as a war crime and a gross violation of the Geneva Conventions. Washington has attributed the events to “bad apples” and failed to accept responsibility or to hold seriously accountable mid- and high-level military officers and civilian officials, even though these people had established policies and issued orders that led directly to the abuses. Military courts have only tried and charged low-ranking individuals.

Abuses have taken place in detention sites under direct US authority, but also in detention centers administered by British forces and by the government of Iraq.

Also See GPF general page on Torture and Prison Abuse

www.brusselstribunal.org...

A lot more than I want to admit as an American, but then again, these acts were no the whole of the military as we see from the excerpt above.

It is just numbing to think we as humanitarians of the occupation have delved into darkness such as this in these days and times.

new topics

top topics

join