It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding your power animal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

I suppose maggots could teach you that nothing is ever wasted.

That everything is a part of the earth and will return to it in the end.

That the death of one thing, or one period of our life, can sustain the birth of another.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
yes i suppose your right. maggots can be someones spirit guide out there! I just hope its not mine.

The shamans also believe that domestic animals are less likely to be a power animal because they already have so much contact with humans. So its unlikely for a cat or dog for example to be your power animal.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Yes, I've read accounts of shamans making "bargains" with wild animals, like asking predators to stay away from their livestock, but couldn't do the same thing with "humanized" animals.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2It could just be a subconscious thing, but why is that bad? why knock on a placebo effect if it helps you?
[edit on 2-11-2008 by asmeone2]

Oh I absolutely agree, I don't want anyone to stop something if it's genuinely helping them. Though I do think blind belief in unproven things can be equally damaging.

Anyway I'm just looking to understand others better, and it's never any fun talking to people you agree with

Thanks for your answers Asmeone, you’ve definitely given me a better incite.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

You're welcome. Have a good night

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure mines a Wolf. For some reason most every night that's what I dream about.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
I'm pretty sure mines a Wolf. For some reason most every night that's what I dream about.

It seems like it.

But you are the final judge.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
A good friend of mine who is Lakota Sioux told me about an awesome experience he had around 15 years ago.
A friend of his was very sick with some type of viral pneumonia infection. It was so bad, she was bedridden.
He brought an elderly aunt of his, along with a cousin, to his friend's house.
The woman had healed people before, with the cousin (a young girl around 20 years old) assisting in prayer.

They did a prayer ceremony, sitting around the sick girl's bed. After a while, the old woman said one of her spirit animals, a wolf, was coming, and he was bringing his "little helper'. My friend and his cousin said while in a state of prayer, they both saw a mighty wolf watching over the sick girl. Soon after, a wolf cub "ran into the scene', trotted up to the sick girl and appeared to pull something from her clothes or blanket. He shook his head violently back and forth, exactly like a puppy playing with a toy. He was "pulling her sickness out". (And killing it, I guess)

The girl slept and when she awoke she was cured.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This idea of a "power animal" is very interesting. I went to a psychic show and had a reading done with one. Along with informing me of a spirit guide, she also told me there was a bear spirit guide, and stated "that's why you enjoy being alone and are a solitary person" (because the bear is a solitary animal).

She was right with that, I go bush alone often and most people think I'm crazy. Most people I know can't stand to be alone, I love it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Mine is the fox. Two, in fact. They have names and I have seen them during meditation. I can feel them rub their tails against me now and then.

I've been told that my spirit guides are Native Americans. I never put any stock whatsoever into that until I started seeing them in meditation now and then. I've had trance meditations where I've actually heard the singing/chanting and joined in the swaying and felt the fire on my face. During one meditation, I saw them and asked my daughter, who is undeniably clairvoyant, what she saw but didn't tell her what I saw. She said that she saw three Native Americans looking at me. I said, yes and that they weren't happy with me. She said that they were smiling at me, especially the elderly one in the middle. It was freaky. I saw the same - except that they were unhappy.

I went through a guided meditation with a practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism just to see how it was different. It wasn't different and I was actually ahead of her guidance. When I got to the place where I was supposed to receive my message, there was my familiar elderly "Injun" (I still don't know his name!). He handed me two things and said in his own tongue that I already know what to do so just get on with it and shooed me away. Man, he was still annoyed with me.

Last night, as I was falling to sleep, I very clearly heard someone say "Shoshone". Now, I'm from the Southwest. No Shoshone in my neck of the woods. I have no idea what inspired that but today I'm reading about the Shoshone (that's one HUGE tribe!) to see what they want to tell me now. There's something, for sure.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I have always had animals around me as pets....rodents and cats mainly.

When I lived in Alberta there were Magpies and one in particular that used to tap on my window if it was closed or sit on the sill if it was open...I'd never be allowed to get close enough to actually touch him/her though.

In Vancouver it's crows. I adore them. They are resourceful, social and fascinating to watch. Some family groups here are over 400 birds!! Watching the murders head inland to roost just before dusk is amazing it's like watching a swarm of insects. Thousands of them (multiple families).

Here in Vancouver though they are still toying with the idea of culling the numbers...apparently last years garbage strike meant BIG families and high survival rate with many families having two breeding cycles in one season.

I used to find eagle feathers quite often in weird places. My friend has kids that are First Nations so I gifted the feathers to them for their dance regalia. They in turn gave them to elders to keepsake for them until they earn them.

Yep, for me it's the crows.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
What if I can't really get a hold of these medicine cards? Is there anything else I can do to find this? This is very interesting.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by QuetzalcoatlAlien

Meditation will give you all the info you will ever need about anything. You can take whatever info you get and try to read more about it, talk to people who might be able to help and generally just figure out what it means to you. I have had symbols given to me that I can't find anywhere else and no one seems to have ever seen nor heard of them. So it's an ongoing process. This isn't a realm where you get instant satisfaction.

You can go to psychics, of course, but they can't necessarily tell you what the animal means to your soul. They may know the standard interpretation but remember that it's you that has that animal for guidance and protection.

They are aspects of your soul. Only you know for sure and only you can utilise the relationship and learn to feel their presence. You will want to learn what they're trying to tell you when they are around.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Mine, of course comes from the Celtic Shamanic tradition.

White Raven.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think he is, he's shown displeasure with me when I've taken paths that he didn't like, which on hind sight I should've paid attention to his direction. As much as I hate to give him the credit, cause when I do he seems to get a swelled head about it.
. And I'm sure if he shows up tonight he'll get even for what I've said. LOL.

reply to post by asmeone2

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
reply to post by psychedeliack

I feel like using a pack of cards limits one to the animals given there, for one thing, and diminishes the importance of one-to-one communication, whether it be through meditation or actual contact with the animal.

To me eading the mythology is a more important part once you do discover the animal, because it helps bring to life different aspects of that "medicine" and to me at least it's facinating to make a cross-cultural comparison of how one particular animal is viewed around the world. The whole idea of power-animals originated from cultures with strong oral traditions--why not go straight to the source?

I'm not telling you how to do it, those are just my thoughts and reservations.

Right on, that sounds perfectly appropriate. I was just trying to justify my method is all. No offense taken or intended, just a fellow loving seeker. The only reason I replied the way I did, is because my interest lay as much in what I gain personally from it as how it actually works.
All boils down to belief systems, you just have to believe for it to work
it seems, no matter the approach, once initiated, the universe endlessly unfolds itself revealing mystery after mystery unto the seeker, maybe thats what 'if you ask you shall receive' is partially about.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

I'm also big on practicing traditions as closely as possible to the way they wer epracticed in the culture of origin. Some people may feel like the cards help them but to me they are just an artificial intrusion.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have had many dreams in which something of malicious intent visits the vicinity in which I am sleeping. In my dreams I actually do see the shadow people as they try to enter the house I am in.

I don't know whether they are of the same group with a common leader, or whether or not I am just a common target.

I used to just pray about it and let the strength of Yahshua scare them away from the vicinity. That name is like a bomb to the spirit world. They hate it. So i used it for a while.

Here lately though, I began fighting back. In my dreams, I would start initiating fights with them. I began swallowing my fear and building up my aura to combat strength.

When I am the most afraid but still determined to fight, I get down on all fours and chase them. But there is no awkwardness to the movement. I just run like it is natural. And I bite at them with my mouth and swipe them with my hand.

I am not a human at that point, but being inside a different body and still in combat, I cannot really tell what I am. I would like to say it was a wolf, but that could just be my own bias towards them as they are a common mythical figure that people use.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i don't know what my spirit animal is.

is there a ceremony or something?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I've never consciously sought what might be my power animal, if in fact the concept has any basis.

But if I were to nominate one, I suspect mine might be lizards.

They chose me, rather than the reverse.

Not that I know much about lizards at all. But several years ago, I experienced a series of extremely accurate precognitive dreams, featuring lizards, as I've written about in previous ATS posts.

The precognitive dreams continued for several weeks. All involved lizards. All occurred in reality a day or two later, except the last and most disturbing, which did not manifest in reality until ten days later.

I related the dreams to others, as soon as possible after I'd dreamed them. And in each case, there were witnesses when the events manifested in this our 'real world'.

Have never been quite sure why I was sent the dreams, or why lizards played such a prominent role in those dreams. I suspected it was in order I would pay equal attention to dreams yet to come.

In fact, this turned out to be the case. Soon after the lizard-dreams ceased, I had another dream, equally vivid, about a home-invasion and attack.

And as it happened, the police apprehended a gang of men who in fact had been observed in two cars which had been parked outside our home for several nights. The men departed swiftly and without turning on their vehicles' lights when a neighbour made it clear they were being observed at the same time those men had been observing me. The neighbour was prompted to action when two of the men began scaling our perimeter fence. Subsequent investigation revealed the gang of men were responsible for a number of break-ins in previous weeks, during which the victims' homes had been destroyed in what the police later described as 'frenzied, animalistic orgy of destruction' during which even the victims' vehicles had been destroyed beyond repair.

None of the other victims had been at home at the time of the attacks however, whereas the gang had continued stalking our home despite their awareness I was at home and awake.

Several weeks prior to the commencement of the lizard dreams, I'd accidentally trodden on a very small lizard which had been partially underneath our front door mat. I'd put the lizard in an empty matchbox on my dressing table and a few times a day I dropped a few droplets of water in the box and a dead ant, to sustain the lizard if it began to recover.

Initially, others had advised the lizard was damaged beyond repair, but I had hope for it and in fact, it made a full recovery in time-- it was quite amazing, considering how badly it had been damaged. I released it back into the garden when it was fully recovered.

Don't know if the 'lizard kingdom' rewarded me by sending me the series of precognitive lizard-dreams, which in turn led to the precognitive dream about the potential break-in.

Until the lizard-dreams, I'd had little to no experience of lizards. I suppose if I hadn't had the lizard dreams, I would have remained frightened of them.

The lizard dreams foretold of a specific lizard which would appear at various locations on our property. Within a day or so, a lizard conforming with the dream would appear in exactly the dreamed-of location. Some of them were quite large .. up to a foot or two in length. The lizards were of various kinds. We'd had no lizards at all on the property before the dreams began. It was a densely populated suburban area.

Perhaps because I'd dreamed of each lizard before I saw it in real-life, I wasn't as scared of it as I would normally have been when I encountered it in reality. In any event, with my son's help, we managed in all but one instance to coax the lizards into large containers, after which we drove them to a native-animal reserve where they were released. The lizard which was the exception died, in exactly the manner revealed in the final precognitive lizard dream.

As consequence of the lizard dreams, followed by the real-life encounters with the lizards, I grew to quite like them. Since then, I've had a few dreams of being in a desert and being 'saved' by lizards, who 'spoke' to me and kept me company . . led me to water and a place to hide. Should add that these later dreams have been just that .. simple dreams and not of the precognitive variety.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join