It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Warns Europe About Iran Missiles.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
SuperViking

So imagine that Cuba wasn't.
Imagine the Cold War was still on and the Soviets put a defense shield on Cuba.Would you be smug then?

I told you, that's a silly argument because one of the foundations of American foreign policy for the last two hundred years is that it IS. Imagine if I was a girl- would I still love Phish? Who can say?

The Soviet Union was, in fact, only a few miles from the US and it had missile arrays all over Siberia. So that kinda disproves your point.

Iran has no influence over the Czech Republic and never has. No matter how you slice it, that's VERY important. You can't just ignore it, although you're trying to with all your might to further your agenda.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The fact that Russia is opposed to this missile shield (and who can blame them) plus the russians do a LOT of business with Iran, including building nuclear power stations and supplying the fuel, as well as supplying SAMs and plenty of other arms and technology says to me that the US is playing a pressure game using Iran as the stick with which to beat the russians.

No-one who knows Irans capabilities will take this seriously, so the question is what is behind the rhetoric.

Simple enough - it's another power game trying to force another nation to bow to US wishes.

Whether that is non interference in the event of an attack on Iran by Israel/US or just pressure regarding the sale of nuclear technology to Iran is immaterial.

The point is pressure - and that's a dangerous game to play with the russians.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

Then under your doctrine, the Czech Republic is no more under the US's influence either, than Cuba is under Russias.

You still never answered my question either - How does a missile shield in the Czech Republic protect the US from IRAN? Obvious isnt it, it doesnt!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Then under your doctrine, the Czech Republic is no more under the US's influence either, than Cuba is under Russias.

What doctrine? The Monroe Doctrine doesn't say ANYTHING about Europe- it doesn't say it's in the US' sphere of influence, it doesn't say it's not. NATO, however, gives us an entirely different reality.

Are you familiar with the Monroe Doctrine? If not, don't speak about American foreign policy, you'll only look ignorant.

You still never answered my question either - How does a missile shield in the Czech Republic protect the US from IRAN? Obvious isnt it, it doesnt!

Did you ask that question? Of course it doesn't do anything about Iran, it's about Russia. They don't want to actually say that aloud though. This isn't rocket science.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking

Originally posted by Wotan

What doctrine? The Monroe Doctrine doesn't say ANYTHING about Europe- it doesn't say it's in the US' sphere of influence, it doesn't say it's not. NATO, however, gives us an entirely different reality.

Are you familiar with the Monroe Doctrine? If not, don't speak about American foreign policy, you'll only look ignorant.

Did you ask that question? Of course it doesn't do anything about Iran, it's about Russia. They don't want to actually say that aloud though. This isn't rocket science.

There is no need to be rude.

I am well aware of the Monroe Doctrine, I was merely saying that under your 'thinking', that Cuba then comes under Russia's influence, since the Czech republic seems to now come under the USA's.

....... and that is the whole point of this thread - It has NOTHING WHATSOVER to do with Iran or its supposed missiles.

Its the US yet again stirring up someone elses backyard - Its time for the US to look out for its own backyard.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
blog.reidreport.com...

which EU country does those missiles hit again?

oh wait

NONE

a missile `shield` in the czech republic is for 1 reason only - to thin out any russian icbm launch

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
remind me again which Iranian missile can actually REACH europe?

oh thats right

NONE.

the range of the shahab 3 will splash into the sea south of greece.

fear mongering at its worst from the USA.again.

I have lived in the Czech Republic last year and have witnessed many protests against the radar installation, now the parliament is about to vote the US scaremongering is being increased. A close vote in the parliament is expected, making the US afraid they will have to find another location.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

There is no need to be rude.

Oh no? What did you say to me in your first post in my direction? That's funny.

I am well aware of the Monroe Doctrine, I was merely saying that under your 'thinking', that Cuba then comes under Russia's influence, since the Czech republic seems to now come under the USA's.

Uhh...Why? Was Cuba in the Warsaw Pact? Would it even matter if it were, since it's now defunct?

Is the Czech Republic in NATO? Does NATO still exist?

....... and that is the whole point of this thread - It has NOTHING WHATSOVER to do with Iran or its supposed missiles.

That's just politics. Don't let it mess with your head. Talking # directly to Russia is something to do lightly.

Its the US yet again stirring up someone elses backyard - Its time for the US to look out for its own backyard.

They do that too. It's a big place with many interests.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join